+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The World Grows Angry @ God!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The World Grows Angry @ God!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage View Post
    Well for one thing, He allowed these things ta happen so that we would have choices. He doesn' want us ta b like "puppets on a string." He gave us free will and presented us wit choices right from the beginning. Some would argue that if He would've never done that, we would b livin' in eternal bliss; to which I often respond, then would we know joy? How could we enjoy that bliss if we had no free will? Happiness would jus' b a word ta us, our free will is what allows us ta, not only, have independent thought; but joy, happiness, etc. Sure it also brings us sorrow, despair, and other negative aspects; but it is as Atomik has said, "U can' have one w/o the other."

However, on the subject of Good and Evil, I have always felt that these 2 forces r separate from Light and Dark forces (Yin and Yang if u will) and sometimes it hard ta tell the difference between the 2. The reason for this is that both Good and Evil use the forces of Light (which represent Life, Order, Creation, etc) and Dark (Which represents Death, Chaos, Destruction, etc.), however one can make a destinction between the 2 if one looks carefully enough. Case in point, Many call Saddam and evil man and his rule over his country evil as well. Yet his country existed in a state of Light; i.e it had a stable economy, little crime, etc.; so how do we know that his rule was an evil one? This is why I say that Good and Evil r separate forces from Light and Dark, we know that Saddam's rule was an evil one cause Evil exists ta cause imbalance ta the forces of Light and Dark. Sure Saddam brought peace ta his country, but only by destroyin' any options and rights his ppl had and rulin' the region wit an Iron Fist. Evil causes imbalance where ever it goes, too much Law=Tyranny; too much Chaos=Anarchy; too much Life=Famine; too much Death=Extinction, and the list can go on and on. Good is the opposin' force ta Evil that seeks ta maintain the balance of Light and Dark. Good both destroys and creates wit equal impuinity, which is why 2 nations who have good ppl and leaders could wind up goin' ta war wit one another (which is often caused by a misunderstanin'). However, I feel that though the world can' exist w/o Good, that it definately can exist w/o Evil. Then why does God allow Evil ta exist then, Priestess Angel said it the best; it all boils down ta "choice." It is up ta us ta decide where we stand, Free will is both a burden and a blessin'. If God destroyed Evil, it would make him no better than Saddam rulin' over his country the way that he did. It is our decision and our responsibility ta choose a side and ta oppose the other. If Evil didn' exist, this would take that choice away from us and that wouldn' b right. I used ta often asked myself this question, "If God knew that Adam and Eve were gonna partake of the Fruit of Knowledge, after He had told them not ta, why then did he let them do it?" I figured out the answer ta that question long ago and ta me it makes sense. If they hadn' partakin' of the Fruit, Mankind wouldn' have the choices, knowledge, wisdom, and understandin' that it has today. I believe that Innerhell said that the story of the Fruit was taken off of the story of Pandora, this is true but bare wit me for a moment, one thing that u haveta remember is this; although Pandora released all that was bad inta the world, she was never seen as a villian; but as a heroine by the Greeks. The reason for this is that, along wit the bad things, she also released the one thing that became a shinin' beacon for mankind. She released Hope. Ta me the story of the Fruit is a lesson how things exist inna balance; sure Adam and Eve placed a heavy burden upon mankind, but they also gave us the greatest gift that any livin' being could ever wish for. Cause of that, I will always look upon them as Heroes. Sure free will can b a burden at times, but ohh what a wonderful burden it is ta bear. I'd much rather bear this burden, then ta jus' exist in life as an automation; in that existense I would b jus' livin' and nothin' more.
    Joe, just let me say that your words are like a breath of fresh air! Where ya been? You've said it better than I could ever hope to. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    These people are just being stupid and want to lay blaim on god because they dont got the balls... Or the breats... To face the fact that sh*t happenes and or that it was their fault to begine with. Its easy to point to finger but just realize that when you do pont your fingure that there are three pointing back at you.
    Sometimes eleven fingers and sometimes one big giant, "I will smite thee" finger. Either way, you're absolutely correct. What happened to the love? The peace? Acceptance, tolerance and understanding completely went out the window, it seems. Yet, instead of trying to find those things, people are finding ways to make themselves look good while making any deity being worshiped out to look like a super villian. "Everybody run! Here comes I-made-you-I-can-destroy-you-man!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Inuruto View Post
    Thank you, thank you.!! I do try ^_^
    Now let me say first I agree with what you & many others are saying a good percent... It makes totally sense... I just thought I would give a view on why others might be angry with God or better yet why I don't do the whole religion(Mind you; I find it intriguing)...

You are right about us knowing too much cause of the tree of knowledge... My thing is, if Lucifer was already gone would Eve been tempted by the serpent to take a bite out of the apple..? I don't know maybe we was made to sin... *thinking* You know to make things more interesting cause as I think about it God had to know we was going to mess with that apple... He basically told Adam & Eve they can have anything they wanted in the Garden, but just don't touch/mess with the tree of knowledge... Now Adam & Eve are like kids (they might look like adults, but were like kids) & we all had that time when a parent said don't mess with something you went ahead anyways... I myself think that God himself got bored & helped create chaos & gave us free will, made us a bunch of sinners, struck a deal with Lucifer... Told him since he wants to rule he can rule the underworld/hell & he can have all of mankind that is unworthy for the heavens... Let the soap opera called "Life" begin... Like I stated in my other post "BANISHMENT" for eating an apple towards banishment for trying to over throw a kingdom... It all seems to coincidental/unfairly <not the word I am trying to go for, but hopefully you get what I am trying to say> God didn't want Adam & Eve to live in the Garden of Eden, he wanted them to fail, so like many here posted that we will know heaven when we see it or if we see it... I really do believe that all this started over boredom though...

I have to cut my words short... Until the next post & J' Mage I hear ya' I'll reply to you later, but really don't need to cause you make a lot of sense & I do understand where you are coming from... Until next time ^_^
    I've heard this over a thousand times, "God has a great sense of humor!"

I think that to God, we're like his ant farm or something close to that. We entertain him.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

before you can say boldly about god as if you know god so well...you should think being in god's position. mankind right now are so diverse as if we are not equal and not to mention our points of view about god also. we love god and hate god and yet we are just the same being. as a creator mankind would it be worth showing up right now? i don't think so. even though god will show, mankind will always be diverse and still some will love and some will hate god. and mostly we will beg for god to fix everything...and if god refuses, same thing...some will love and some will hate god. and most importantly understanding and learning the true value of life and mankind's worth will be put to waste...tsk,tsk. it's the very reason why god isn't here because god wants mankind to be depended and also capable to learn and understand life itself. this doesn't mean we no longer need god since god has already given everything we needed. it's just we are too blinded to see it. to god, we are just still kids who needs to grow up. so stop the tantrums already people and grow up!
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Otaku Shin Ryuga is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rematche View Post
    this doesn't mean we no longer need god since god has already given everything we needed. it's just we are too blinded to see it. to god, we are just still kids who needs to grow up. so stop the tantrums already people and grow up!
    i have to go with you 100&#37; on this point of wiew.... but humans... just like little retarded children staarted takeing it for granted and allready we're on a path of selfdestruction...not sure bout where you live.... but in like 20-30 years romania is going to become a desert country because of the rising heat (global warming).... i don't see humanity fixing this problem anytime soon.....

Thx allot AO 4 makeing me resize this....i'm being sarcastic......

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Joe, just let me say that your words are like a breath of fresh air! Where ya been? You've said it better than I could ever hope to. ^_^
    I've been on, jus' don' usually respond unless it's a good thread. (Yes that was a compliment, rofl!). I've been dividin' my time between here and WoW(Yes, I've become a WoW nerd!. Lol).

Sometimes eleven fingers and sometimes one big giant, "I will smite thee" finger. Either way, you're absolutely correct. What happened to the love? The peace? Acceptance, tolerance and understanding completely went out the window, it seems. Yet, instead of trying to find those things, people are finding ways to make themselves look good while making any deity being worshiped out to look like a super villian. "Everybody run! Here comes I-made-you-I-can-destroy-you-man!!!"
    I hate it when some ppl do that, it seems as if they have forgotten what God is all about. Sure God can get angry at times, but as my aunt used ta say, "Although He's quick ta anger, He's quicker; still; ta forgive." Sure He's smote some cities and even killed ppl, but if u pay close attention ta the stories; it shows that He did it outta necessity, not spite. We do things like that too, but that doesn' make us evil. Does it make us evil ta stand up ta a terrorist, or ta try ta stop a bank robbery, or pass a judgement; of guilt or innocence, inna jury; onna alleged perpetrator on trial for a crime? Sometimes God has ta do things, that He doesn' like ta do, in order ta protect us. Yet there r some ppl who carry that ta extreme and have ta protray God as an angry, fearsome beast, forgettin' that anger and fear aren' what God is about.

I've heard this over a thousand times, "God has a great sense of humor!"

I think that to God, we're like his ant farm or something close to that. We entertain him.
    Yeah, I say that We're absolute proof that God has a sense of humor, cause we're the biggest freakin' joke in the galaxy! Lol, Seriously though, I think that there's alot more ta His creation than mere entertainment. We have yet ta even begin ta unlock all of the gifts that He's given us. Yeah, I believe that there's, no pun intended, more than meets the eye ta us and that one day we will figure out the mystery that is mankind.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I know your frustration, atomik. I hate it when overzealous athestists and skeptics give God a bad rep by "blaming" him for all the bad in the world. When according to Genesis we're the insturment of our own displeasure (the whole fall of man thing). The way I percieve God is sorta a transcendent being that is simply watching his experiment. He makes a couple tweaks, gets things going but then stands back and lets things flow. Just because God's all-powerful and all-knowing doesn't mean he wants to control every aspect of our lives, he's not a tyrant. One of my friends is a big god-hater, and it just frustrates me how close minded he is about the concept of god. It's really selffish to blame god and not yourself, you make the choices that get you where you are and even if things have happened that weren't even your doing, god gave you the ability to choose to get out of your situation, or mope about it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark. For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Aug 06, 2008)

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark. View Post
    I know your frustration, atomik. I hate it when overzealous athestists and skeptics give God a bad rep by "blaming" him for all the bad in the world. When according to Genesis we're the insturment of our own displeasure (the whole fall of man thing). The way I percieve God is sorta a transcendent being that is simply watching his experiment. He makes a couple tweaks, gets things going but then stands back and lets things flow. Just because God's all-powerful and all-knowing doesn't mean he wants to control every aspect of our lives, he's not a tyrant. One of my friends is a big god-hater, and it just frustrates me how close minded he is about the concept of god. It's really selffish to blame god and not yourself, you make the choices that get you where you are and even if things have happened that weren't even your doing, god gave you the ability to choose to get out of your situation, or mope about it.
    THANK YOU LOARD JESUS THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! Some one who finely understand the main idea of what I have been saying for who knows how long!! The question now is will people have the open mind to actully think and accept this over all FACT that even the bible its self stated but every one chouse to ignore.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Newbie loknkey is off to a good start loknkey's Avatar
    Thanks

As I've stated earlier... (Why is it some people selectively read what I post?) Without chaos, there is no order. Without suffering, there's no bliss to be found. I don't know about all powerful and all knowing, that's not my department, but you can't have one without the other. Read what Priestess Angel has to say. (below/above... you choose, but READ dammit!!)
    I read what you posted. You completely missed my point. If you can't have bliss without suffering, then God is not really all-powerful. Your beliefs are self contradicting.

Otaku rajendran is off to a good start
    Thanks

hmm but ain't it wierd when u actually pray to god and ask for something in return?? u get wad u asked for... in some wierd unexplainable ways but yes after that u'll know that god is hearing u god does influence certain things in your life...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast