+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: The World Grows Angry @ God!

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The World Grows Angry @ God!

You completely missed the point I was trying to make all together. It was not an insult as it was a half assed example and mokery of what your proposing that god controls all and there for should be held accountable. What I just did was strick a nurve with you and made you acctualy see it as an act of charactor on my part and that it was my chouce of my own FREE WILL to do so. Which I succeeded into proving that even you dont completely believe in what you are saying as you got all bent out of shape about it and blaimed my actions as my own.

I dont insult people, you can ask any one here in AO, even those I dont get along with. I just take what another person says and pull a 180 on them. Which I just did with you. So now you know. Good day.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Otaku Just Pitching Champion, Mile High Club Champion, Penguin Dive Champion, Gold Strike Champion Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star's Avatar
    Thanks

My thoughts on why people grow angry with him more and more are, because he doesn't "answer thier prayers" when they want it, God lets bad things happen to them, and many of his followers are worse then the people they preach to.

Ex1: The world around me, meaning most of my friends, aren't angry with "God" but his followers that try and shove thier belief down their throats. Everything most of us youth do wrong is a sin and we are going to hell for it (so they say over and over). The bible states "We are all sinners" many times. Preachy people, you sin as well. So when you're perfect, that is the time you can tell us we're going to hell (even then that should be between us and God) and try and take away our rights.

Ex2: Another thought is because he doesn't help them right then when they pray "oh God, please get me out of this [insert problem]." The bible says he'll do it in his own time and own way. No use getting upset when you have to pay for a ticket or something. XP

Ex3: Is because "God" let this happen to me or took this person from me. I have even thought that. I get told it's not Him it's the devil in return. Devil doesn't have th ability to take or give life, only "God". But non the less it's God's fault that I'm having a bad day.

Come dance in the rain with me, no one is watching.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loknkey View Post
    Joe Mage, thank you for not resorting to insults as some of the others have done. I appreciate your civility.

I'm not saying that we aren't responsible for our actions. I'm only saying that God is responsible for his actions, as we are responsible for ours. Free will doesn't remove all responsibility from God, because he knows what we will choose anyways. God knew that Hitler would do what he did, even before he created him. So God must have wanted Hitler to act as he did. Everything is part of God's plan, right?
    It looks like you've got some beef with Hitler. Take that up with him. LOL. You gotta realize that there are other influences in this universe besides God. There are dark forces that get a hold of people from time to time, be it "The Devil" or negative chi. Call it what you want, but you can't say that it's God's fault. For all you know, Hitler coulda been a f*ckin' angel when he was young.

I'm not angry at God, and I'm not trying to remove any blame from myself. I'm just trying to figure things out, so they make sense.
    Shouldn't this already make sense after having it explained to you several times???

Why not? To use the Hitler example again. Isn't both Hitler and the nazi guards responsible for the death of the victims? What about the people who funded the Nazis, or the people who could have stopped it but didn't. Aren't they all responsible?
    Dude, are you Jewish? Leave Hitler out of this!!

It was just a hypothetical statement, because I was using it as an analogy for God.
    You say that the police are responsible because they knew the robber was going to break into the house and didn't take action. For the sake of consistency, shouldn't God also be responsible, since he knows what will happen and has the power to stop it too?
    Who the hell said anything about the police being responsible? If you live in a bad neighborhood, it's your fault for living there, if you left your door open, that's your fault. If they kick in your door, it's their fault, if there are no cops around, it's NOT their fault!

If the US knew what Hitler was going to do, and could have stopped him, then yes, the US is partly responsible for the Holocaust. If you knew your child was going to go kill someone, and didn't stop him, then yes, you are partly responsible for your child's actions. God knew what we would do, he created us knowing what we would do, he could have changed it but he didn't. So how is God not responsible, when under the same conditions, we are? Doesn't this seem inconsistent to you?
    God isn't responsible for any of that!
    1: The US didn't intervene until asked to do so.
    2: Why can't a tyrant exist without the blame being placed on God? There are forces on the opposite side of the balance, y'know?
    2.5: Without one, you can't have the other!!! (BALANCE!!!)
    3: LEAVE HITLER OUT OF THIS!! He really has no place in this conversation! I don't hear you whining about Saddam Hussein or Bin Laden. They're also tyrants of sorts and you just crossed them off the list. Don't you think that it's more of the darker side's fault than God? We're all born in to sin, after all...

Better not waste any more of your time with me then....
    But then who would we prove wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    You completely missed the point I was trying to make all together. It was not an insult as it was a half assed example and mokery of what your proposing that god controls all and there for should be held accountable. What I just did was strick a nurve with you and made you acctualy see it as an act of charactor on my part and that it was my chouce of my own FREE WILL to do so. Which I succeeded into proving that even you dont completely believe in what you are saying as you got all bent out of shape about it and blaimed my actions as my own.
    AHA!! Touche, salesman!

Who controlled that situation? Was it God, was it a demon, or did Scourge just use free will? When I reply to something, do you think God just popped in the newest version of 'The Sims' and said, "I'm gonna have atomik_sprout bitch about people bein' angry at me for a while; then I'll make him start a kitchen fire!"

The Christian bible says that God has a plan for each person, but it never specifies what that plan is. I've realized that the plan is to just let us live and try to find happiness on our own. He'll sort us out when the end approaches. God doesn't write specific goals that he thinks people would want. He points his finger in the right direction and if you can't see it or refuse to go that way (as many of us have), then that's YOUR problem, not God's, not Buddha's or anyone else's.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Aug 15, 2008)

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i didnt read every comment but what i did read was intresting
    here is what i think so if i said anything like one of you my a
    apologies anyway

here is what i think it isnt god there mad at its the idea of what
    god should be that makes the angry i mean god represent good wrath
    and vegence.

but with how he is put on a peda stool people are quick to get angry
    at him which is wring he never aksed to be putto such hugh stabderds
    that everything has to be perfect for us or damn him to hell thats
    just plain stupid. thats what i think anyway
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Joe Mage, thank you for not resorting to insults as some of the others have done. I appreciate your civility.

I'm not saying that we aren't responsible for our actions. I'm only saying that God is responsible for his actions, as we are responsible for ours. Free will doesn't remove all responsibility from God, because he knows what we will choose anyways. God knew that Hitler would do what he did, even before he created him. So God must have wanted Hitler to act as he did. Everything is part of God's plan, right?
    Ok, Again, look at it from this stand point, Hitler was a dictator who ruled Germany through guile and brutality, so what u're tryin' ta tell me is that u want God ta b more like him? Ta b a dictator who controls our thoughts and actions? So do u want God ta re-write his plan so that He can?

I'm not angry at God, and I'm not trying to remove any blame from myself. I'm just trying to figure things out, so they make sense.
    It's good ta answer every question and then question every answer, it's one of the things that allows us ta grow and learn.

Why not? To use the Hitler example again. Isn't both Hitler and the nazi guards responsible for the death of the victims? What about the people who funded the Nazis, or the people who could have stopped it but didn't. Aren't they all responsible?
    Because the Nazis chose ta follow Hitler and that's what they're responsible for, they could've Chosen not ta follow his orders, cause they were Free-Willed, Independent-Minded beings. In that regard they r responsible for their actions and Hitler is responsible for the orders in the first place. The only thing that God is responsible for is givin' us our Free-Will in the first place, what happens after is the responsibility of the individual who has that Free-Will. Again ur logic is statin' that the Parent is responsible for a Child's actions after they have grown up and moved out on their own. If that's the case, then every perpetrator of a crime should not only be arrested, but their parents as well. Nevermind any facts of whether or not those parents were good parents or not.

It was just a hypothetical statement, because I was using it as an analogy for God.
    You say that the police are responsible because they knew the robber was going to break into the house and didn't take action. For the sake of consistency, shouldn't God also be responsible, since he knows what will happen and has the power to stop it too?
    Again, It seems ta me that u want a God ta b a police force for us and not a parent. Would that not make God a dictator? God is tryin' ta allow us ta b independent; ta think and act for ourselves. Ta grow, learn, and become more than what we seem. Good example of this is a quote from the Bible itself, "God helps those who help themselves." He's tryin' ta allow us ta maintain our independence, He's willin' ta help; but if He is constantly doin' it for us, He's only interferin'. Ta hold him resposible, again, is like holdin' a parent responsible for what their child does after they've grown and moved out on their own.

If the US knew what Hitler was going to do, and could have stopped him, then yes, the US is partly responsible for the Holocaust. If you knew your child was going to go kill someone, and didn't stop him, then yes, you are partly responsible for your child's actions. God knew what we would do, he created us knowing what we would do, he could have changed it but he didn't. So how is God not responsible, when under the same conditions, we are? Doesn't this seem inconsistent to you?

Better not waste any more of your time with me then....
    The point is this, we can' blame the U.S for the Holocaust, even if they had prior knowledge of it; there would have been little that they could've done ta stop it; for it would've already happened by the time that they would've known or mobilized ta do anythin' bout it. My point was this, if we wanted this omnipotent and powerful being ta intervene in every crisis that happens in our lives, then we would come ta depend on that being. We wouldn' have independence or Free-Will, we would never learn ta fend for ourselves. That would b like forcin' ur child ta live wit u, well inta adulthood, ta eat when u say eat; ta speak when u say speak, ta sleep when u say sleep,etc. There would b no learnin' and growin', 'cause there would b no consequences. And there would b no consequences cause the child would have no independence or Free-Will, every decision would already b made for him (or her). Is this the God that u want? An interferin', bossy, controllin' person? I don' know 'bout u, but I could do w/o all-powerful, omniponent being hoverin' over me tellin' me what I can and cannot do. I, for one, am glad that God has chosen ta take a hands-off approach ta Mankind; it makes it easier for us ta learn and develope inta a much greater species.

The parent is not ta blame for their child's actions, they're only ta blame for their own. If the parent had prior knowledge of their child's actions, but didn' alert authorites, then he's ta blame for that; not what his child has done. So is God ta blame for not alertin' the Allies 'bout the Holocaust? Who's ta say that he didn'? They say he works in mysterious ways, He may have been the one ta alert the Allies 'bout the Jews' plight, in his own mysterious way. He isn' ta blame for how soon, or late, that the Allies were able ta act or for Hitler's Holocaust in the first place. The only thing that He is guilty of is for givin' us our Free-Will and allowin' us ta maintain our independence. And I, for one, am glad that He's guilty of that.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe Mage For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Aug 17, 2008), Scourge (Aug 15, 2008)

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

True so true and i have not posted on he debate forum and disagreed with scourge and Mister Mage. Here is the thing free will is tricky kinda like freedom. There is no such thing as infinite freedom but free will is hard to define. In as much as a prent guides his child , we were not programmed like some machine to choose or do bad things. Humans are let's just say good in nature is what i believe but like any other people will agree with me on this. things happen to people and psychology wise there are people who develop psychosis to deviate or have their beliefs change like what Hitler, Bonaparte and a few dictators have done. And by all means we all learn from what we do. In no way is God to be blamed for anything bad that has happened or our bad choices.
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixSara View Post
    True so true and i have not posted on he debate forum and disagreed with scourge and Mister Mage. Here is the thing free will is tricky kinda like freedom. There is no such thing as infinite freedom but free will is hard to define. In as much as a prent guides his child , we were not programmed like some machine to choose or do bad things. Humans are let's just say good in nature is what i believe but like any other people will agree with me on this. things happen to people and psychology wise there are people who develop psychosis to deviate or have their beliefs change like what Hitler, Bonaparte and a few dictators have done. And by all means we all learn from what we do. In no way is God to be blamed for anything bad that has happened or our bad choices.
    I would have to disagree with that, it was still their own actions, even if they were mentally unstable; it’s still an action of free will. And yes, there is such a thing as complete free will, but we choose to (Once again free will) show restraint on certain actions that most people deem wrong. But there are others, for one reason or another, will choose to cross those boundaries and commit such Hanes acts... Or just something silly and stupid. So there is complete free will but we also use our free will to draw the line in the sand and say no to certain actions. Actions we are more then capable of crossing and committing, but choosing not to because we know it’s wrong and because such an act will have consequences. So we do have complete free will, it’s just that most choose to not act upon.
    Now when your talking about freedom, your right, we don’t have complete freedom, and that’s to enforce the boundaries. How ever, you can still go out and rob a bank and shoot a few people, its just that there will be consequences for those actions.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

I was trying to state a point that free will is something that others should not blamed nor God on this topic, excuse me sir.

In as much as God gave us free will to choose we still make our own choices whether it is bad or not is my point here. restraint on certain things makes us use our judgement which can be clouded by a few things like past occurence or emotion or psychosis.....I end my point here thanks*** we are liable for our own actions whether we want to acknowledge the reward or consequesnce
    Last edited by PhoenixSara; Aug 15, 2008 at 12:29 PM. Reason: edit
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast