+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Would life be better without pleasurable reproduction?

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Re: Would life be better without pleasurable reproduction?

Quote Originally Posted by Exoparadapsyphobia View Post
    First of let me say that the title is kind of misleading, because physically or emotionally harming sexual situations arise purely from the addiction to the physical aspects of sex, not reproduction; since almost all who commit sexual offenses never intend to reproduce. I suppose the better question to ask is, "would life be better without plesurable sex?" But I didn't feel like using a title that anyone might find lewd and would have to look at every time they visisted the D&D section for at least a few days, so excuse my humility . So, question rephrased - "would life be safter/better without pleasurable sex?"

I was thinking about this one day while contemplating the ethical treatment of convicted sex offenders. If human reproductive strategies were not physically pleasing or enjoyfull perhaps there wouldn't be a single rape, child molestation or other sexual offense among our society, and so we could avoid all the pain and suffering it causes people. It would no doubt benefit our society to eliminate pleasurable sex, right? But this question raises several other questions which isntills some doubt in my conclusion.

For one, would the carrying on of our own existence in the form of passing on genetic material to produce offspring alone be enough motive to commit a sexual crime? I believe we have a natural and compelling instinct to do so regardless of social regulation, but I question our ability as a species to resist this if we were denied the oppurtunity for an extended amount of time.

Also, what would happen to our society if suddenly sex was no longer pleasurable? Since much of our social structure and activities are based solely on the principal of obtaining sexual favor due to the fact that we enjoy it so much. Think of it as the movie Children of Men except reversed, instead of being unable to reproduce we simply don't enjoy it anymore. It would be fascinatingly interesting to observe the reformation of our society in the case of such an event. This questioning promotes the weighing in of pros and cons in order to determine the credibility of such a proposal, instead of simply basing it on one possible benefit; the discontinuation of sexual crimes.

So what's your take on this, would it overwhelming benefit or cripple our society if sexual activities were to become no longer physically enjoyable?
    Its a very interesting subject when you think about. Because both sides of the argument are so strong.

I think its not about taking away sex because it pleases people but for people to realise the main values of having sex. Originally it was only between a married couple back in the days when you turned 14 and you got married. Now, since the 60's I think it started the freedom to enjoy having sex before marriage and it had lost its true value as an act of making love to one person whom you hold dearly.

On a personal note, I think can do more to teach young adults the values. I know in Britain it has the highest teen pregnancy in Europe and the way they teach sex ed. here is almost none existant. If we were able to start teaching the values early then maybe things would change. They would understand that sex isn't about own personal gain in experiences but its deeper than they think it is.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

At first i was going to post here due to people being attacked for stating there own Opinions !

But what ever this thread has peeked my interest.

Now it seems all your saying that men rape women,But this is far from the truth men do get raped by women just as much (more or less at a younger age ).But fear reporting it due to criticism and being made in to an outcast of society. Now its only men that want sex all the time ?, In truth some women want in more than men.

Also Sex is not all about the "pleasure" ( I am not saying it doesn't) it is a big part of it ill say that.But it also has to do with the love for one another and to show it in that way,Plus the fact to reproduce.

It is because of our superior intelect over other creatures on this planet that we are so plentiful. Every other mamal out there is just as horny as we are but the only reason there are more of us than them is because we are smarter

Not so much that we are smarter,but more or less stupid for killing off so many species of animals over the years.

As to would it overwhelming benefit or cripple our society if sexual activities were to become no longer pleasurable.Well it would benefit us in helping to reduce the human people population,But ! also would limiting people to having a certain amount of kids would work just the same.With out taking a way peoples rights to have sex.In the end of things i would say it would not benefit our society in the long run,due to the possibility of a lowering of the moral of the population as a hole.To engage in pleasurable sex and reproduce with the one you love and want to be with.
    Last edited by koga23; Oct 21, 2007 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Adding more
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by koga23 View Post
    At first i was going to post here due to people being attacked for stating there own Opinions !
    Doesn't it say in the section description that this is for heated discussions ;p ?

Now it seems all your saying that men rape women,But this is far from the truth men do get raped by women just as much (more or less at a younger age ).But fear reporting it due to criticism and being made in to an outcast of society. Now its only men that want sex all the time ?, In truth some women want in more than men.
    Where exactly are you drawing this conclusion from? It's a statistic fact that the majority of rapes committed are conducted by men. If you can find kind any substantial proof that contradicts this I'll be happy to go over it and change my perspective.

Yes, some women do want sex more than men, but i would have to say only in rare instances and most of the time they desire sex for reasons other than physical pleasure.

Also Sex is not all about the "pleasure" ( I am not saying it doesn't) it is a big part of it ill say that.But it also has to do with the love for one another and to show it in that way,Plus the fact to reproduce.
    Kudos to you for acknowledging that fact . But I also agree that it is used as a symbol for love and committment between spouses.

Not so much that we are smarter,but more or less stupid for killing off so many species of animals over the years.
    Heh, well the part in time that determined we would be ahead for the duration of our species' existence was the smart part. But our lack of insight into the preservation of our planet's diverse wild life is very, very stupid yes.

As to would it overwhelming benefit or cripple our society if sexual activities were to become no longer pleasurable.Well it would benefit us in helping to reduce the human people population,But ! also would limiting people to having a certain amount of kids would work just the same.With out taking a way peoples rights to have sex.
    That is one obvious benefit, it would rid us of unecessary reproduction and would help to make the most out of our planet's resources for an extended amount of time.

In the end of things i would say it would not benefit our society in the long run,due to the possibility of a lowering of the moral of the population as a hole.To engage in pleasurable sex and reproduce with the one you love and want to be with.
    I also agree with this statement, though it could work the other way around to. If we were removed of the reason to seek sex early in life, it would give us the time and patience to quest for a truely compatible spouse with which to reproduce, which I think would boost the success rate of human relationships drastically.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Otaku ILikeApples5520 is off to a good start ILikeApples5520's Avatar
    Thanks

Taking away the pleasure would be, to us and all animals, taking away the wanting to have sex at all.

BTW, for those too stupid to realize this, I am letting the term Animals include humans too.

There is a gland in the brain that releases the chemical that causes pleasure. It is a sort of "reward system" for doing things that help us survive; in this case, consuming food and having sex. If it was gonna happen scientifically, you would remove the gland and take the pleasure away from not only sex, but consuming food. (Yes, eating food does give you a kind of pleasure, though not sexual.)

Animals would have no want to fornicate because their motivation is taken away. Also, though they would still want to eat because of hunger, they would lose the want to eat things that taste good and are good for them. This can result in numerous diseases and occassionaly death.

I may be wrong on a couple facts, but I think I was accurate enough to prove my point. Of course, that's just being scientific.

Moral Explanation: A million lonely men would jump off a bridge because masturbation gives no effect anymore.

But seriously, My gf and I would probably find some way to make it pleasurable again or die trying.

Thanks to _gwenibe_ for this awesome sig!

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Where exactly are you drawing this conclusion from? It's a statistic fact that the majority of rapes committed are conducted by men. If you can find kind any substantial proof that contradicts this I'll be happy to go over it and change my perspective.

Well here is quote from an article i found..

Rapes Still Not Being Reported
    The National Crime Victimization Survey includes statistics on reported and unreported crimes in America. Sexual assault is one of the most underreported crimes, with more than half still being left unreported. Utilizing services such as The National Sexual Assault Hotline can help encourage victims to get help and report what has happened to them so that more perpetrators can be brought to justice.

Males are the least likely to report a sexual assault, though it is estimated they make up 10% of all victims.
    Young females are four times more likely than any other group to be a victim of sexual assault.Is the incidence of rape and sexual assault increasing or decreasing in America?

Have you heard about crime declining? It is true (as best we can tell). While figures for any single year are considered somewhat unreliable because they are based on a small sample size, the more-reliable longterm trend looks extremely good. Since 1993, rape/sexual assault has fallen by more than half.
    Which is 10% out of all of rapes as it said ,and let alone what is not reported.So in a sense it could very well be more than the women.Its just not enough that gets reported by males to make it a good statistic against what gets reported,If more did it could very well be more than women.

Yes, some women do want sex more than men, but i would have to say only in rare instances and most of the time they desire sex for reasons other than physical pleasure.
    I wouldn't go as far as saying that but there are less than men i will say.

Heh, well the part in time that determined we would be ahead for the duration of our species' existence was the smart part. But our lack of insight into the preservation of our planet's diverse wild life is very, very stupid yes.
    Well killing off species that have no part in whether how we exist is beyond stupid.As for an example the bald eagle,which has no part in whether we can exist or not.I would under stand if it was some thing that was detrimental to are survival.But killing off animals to the point of extinction just for sport is a Big no no.

I also agree with this statement, though it could work the other way around to. If we were removed of the reason to seek sex early in life, it would give us the time and patience to quest for a truely compatible spouse with which to reproduce, which I think would boost the success rate of human relationships drastically.
    It also go in the other direction and demoralize the population,Knowing ( also feeling ) the one you love and are committed to that them there self can not make another life together.Which in my opinion would just would just not be that same, and possible leading to one not caring for ones child if they did reproduce together but in some lab.
    Last edited by koga23; Oct 21, 2007 at 07:22 PM. Reason: adding on to
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

I don't know about better. We have so few true pleasures in life as it is. With the pleasure factor removed, procreation would indeed suffer.

First there would no longer be "accidental" pregnancies. Think about how many people out there were the result of "accidental" pregnancies (happy, or not)? I know I was. Who would be here to care for my Mother & sister. None of my other siblings have ever stepped up to bat. How many of our "important" people were the results of "accidental" pregnancies?

Second if it were no longer pleasurable, why would you want to do it? It would become a job/chore. People already don't like doing them. Thus the birth rate drops. Now that may not prove to be a problem in countries where high birth rate is already a huge problem, but eventually it would become a problem world wide.

Now as far as things like rape lessening. Yes it no doubt would lessen the occurrence of such things, but it will not wipe them out entirely. Rape is more a crime of power than it is of pleasure. They perpetrators don it because of the sense of power the violent act gives them, They receive their pleasure more from the act it's self, than they do from the actual act of sex. If it was simply the pleasure of sex they wanted, they could just pick up some drunk person from a bar, pay a "professional", or simply ask some one desperate enough, Many times the perpetrator is someone who already has access to a person willing to supply the needed sexual pleasure... wife, husband, girlfriend, boyfriend, etc... It is the power and violence they get off on.

As far as child molesters go... Well my personal beliefs of what SHOULD be done to such people is not on topic here............. *deep breath*... With child molesters it is more a mental thing. They feel love for the child (deep bent disturbed love most times albeit) for the child, and their delusion convinces them that the child returns that love. Here again, the acts would no doubt lessen, but would not entirely end. The emotional love factor would still be there. Thus they would feel the compulsion to act upon it. They can say all they want that child molester can be "cured", I for one will NEVER believe it.

Ok getting off the darker side now.

Many business would suffer as well. Many people go to bars/clubs with the idea that they will "get lucky". People even go on trips and cruises hoping to hook up. Forget about all the industries based upon sex/sex appeal. Dating services, magazines, dvds, tv, etc. Even many of our everyday products use sex appeal in the advertising of their products. *sarcasm* My word they would have to go back to the days of telling it like it is to sell their goods.

I do not know if society would be truly healed from the lack of sexual pleasure. I just it's one pleasure I would like to keep.

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

Are you kidding me.?? Take the pleasure out of sex... Why don't you just take the pleasure out of cake or food period... Yea' it might cut down on people being overweight & obesity, but why do such an act.?? (People have to learn how to ration out the positives & negatives when it comes to enjoyable pleasure esp. when it can affect ones' life)

Of course we would have to eat to survive just like we would have to reproduce to keep mankind existence here on earth, but the pleasures in things make life worth living...

I for one would love to be in a relationship not all about sex, but then again I wouldn't want sex to be surrounded by obligation to sustain nothing, but life... We as humans has options to take advantage of such pleasure... Some may over do it & are reckless, but it was a choice one made to act on the pleasures of life... That is what seperates us as humans from animals the choices we have...

I believe, if you take one pleasure away another will exist... So, if you take away the pleasures of sex who's to say that the use of drugs & alcohol wouldn't be at an all time high.??

People want to be taken to ecstasy or a place higher than earth so to speak & if the pleasure of sex was their escape why wouldn't you believe they will find another outlet even if it's bad.??

I also believe that not enough people are finding their pleasurable satisfaction in sex either... That's why you have people who despise it or abusing it (many multiple partners)... I think if you actually found that one person who took you to "ecstasy" you wouldn't have the need to disdain it or the need to keep "sowing your oats", so to speak... (Addicts different story, but still borders the line)

People wouldn't be that uptight or tensed neither... Think about it??? The last time you actually had really good "pleasurable"
    _ _ _ ... You wouldn't even let the most horrible things in life get to you... You functioned better in the daily task life brought upon you... (The Bill Clinton era is proof of that) ^_^ Might not be straight fact, but I am stating the obvious
    Last edited by Inuruto; Oct 22, 2007 at 02:06 AM.

The heart can't lie... Truth is... I love you!!!

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

in some since i guess it could be better, i mean the over population problem wouldnt be a problem any more most likely. But i prefer pleasur, thank u.lol

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast