+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Would you be able to take a bullet for your friends?

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Would you be able to take a bullet for your friends?

Quote Originally Posted by deodaclan18 View Post
    A lot of people are using the word 'cowardly' here I see. It's their life and decision. It would be stupid to judge the person just because they were hesitant in sacrificing themself for another person, even if they were friends. After all, this friend would go on living. He or she would make new friends, get married possibly, and have all the joys that come in life, and what do you get? Some sort of satisfaction? The possibility that there is a heaven and you would go there because you did this? Is that to say we wouldn't make it to heaven because we chose (the power god gave us) to not take the bullet?

My point, I wouldn't hold a grudge or hate a person just because they wanted to live rather than take the bullet. After all, a lot of people here say they would do it, but I don't think it would be that easy for you. Fear makes even the bravest hesitant, and a lot of us wouldn't be so selfless when the time comes to make the decision I think. As for me, I haven't had anything like this happen, so I'm not going to answer it. I would hope I could, but you never know for sure. Does it make me a bad person? No. Just pray to god if you were the friend, that I would like you a LOT to even consider this.
    you've got a very good point in there ... it is true that we think that we would sacrifice our lives for others but in reality it is decided in only one moment not by yourself not by your thinking but by your instant instinct ... you wouldn't think before doing so "should i take the bullet or not? >>> yes or no" ... yes Fear makes the bravest man hesitant but it is not the bravest man who sacrifices for others as much as the kind and the brave one ... bravery alone won't do ... a brave man won't fear death but a kind one won't think about it that one would just act rushly without thinking of any consequences ... plus there's a chance for you to survive even after receiving the bullet .... and as for me even when i die for saving someone i wouldn't care what the people that i saved would do after that cuz that's the whole main point of saving them ... enjoying their life that got saved ... i won't save them so they would feel sorrow ,pain and guilt their entire life ...
    Last edited by LichGRIFFIN; Nov 18, 2007 at 04:14 AM. Reason: font color
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

I wasn't trying to say you had to be brave to do it, I was just trying to get across the impact fear will have on the decision. People can't really say they would do it because they are that kind of person, when they have never been face to face with death or some kind of similar situation. Hopefully that makes better sense.
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

I wasn't trying to say you had to be brave to do it, I was just trying to get across the impact fear will have on the decision. People can't really say they would do it because they are that kind of person, when they have never been face to face with death or some kind of similar situation. Hopefully that makes better sense.
    agreed ,but that's also why everyone tries their best to be that person even if they're not
    Last edited by LichGRIFFIN; Nov 18, 2007 at 04:13 AM. Reason: font color
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Otaku crimson is off to a good start crimson's Avatar
    Thanks

A lot of people are using the word 'cowardly' here I see. It's their life and decision. It would be stupid to judge the person just because they were hesitant in sacrificing themself for another person, even if they were friends. After all, this friend would go on living. He or she would make new friends, get married possibly, and have all the joys that come in life, and what do you get? Some sort of satisfaction? The possibility that there is a heaven and you would go there because you did this? Is that to say we wouldn't make it to heaven because we chose (the power god gave us) to not take the bullet?

My point, I wouldn't hold a grudge or hate a person just because they wanted to live rather than take the bullet. After all, a lot of people here say they would do it, but I don't think it would be that easy for you. Fear makes even the bravest hesitant, and a lot of us wouldn't be so selfless when the time comes to make the decision I think. As for me, I haven't had anything like this happen, so I'm not going to answer it. I would hope I could, but you never know for sure. Does it make me a bad person? No. Just pray to god if you were the friend, that I would like you a LOT to even consider this.
    sorry if i was a bit too rough on the usage of the word here... but i believe that people really have to think less of themselves... i mean i won't haunt a friend or take a grudge with me in the afterlife if he doesn't take a bullet for me... but if you think about it... it is an act of cowardice, not to mention selfishness if he could have saved you but chose not to...

not to be a wee bit on the bad side of things, but i believe in a different principle... i mean... if more and more people would think of others more than themselves, then the world would ultimately be better off...

there would be less crimes, since people would think more of others, then they get to change a little better... i mean, who in the right mind would just let someonde die there in front of him... i guess the real twisted people in the world would... even accompanied by a maniacal laugh... but i think different... i want to see people who care for people...

perhaps i'm naive (your more than welcome to call me one), and idealistic in a sense, but take this into consideration... i do a lot of good things to my friends without expecting anything in retern... the heck even for mere acquaintances... even for my enemies... but i see it in a way, that i do owe all i am to those people too you know? they've shaped me into who i am... without them, i wouldn't be me... why not save their ass?

i am not here to plainly judge people... i am sorry if i have made any hasty generalizations, but that would be my darker side if you would say so yourself...

i am sorry for those who have been hurt... i did not mean to degrade you or anything.. that's just how i thought it was for the moment... it's just not right when i think about it... really...
    i'll choose to love whoever i wish to love and nobody can stop me from doing so ----

crimson
    edited from SamBakZa.net

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: would you be able to take a bullet for your freinds?

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    What's the point? O_o; After they shoot you, they'll just shoot your friend too.

Very rarely do would-be assasins find themselves in one-bullet situations :P
    Tsk tsk tsk, she does have a point...

For me, depends on where the bullet goes. If my brains are gonna be blasted out... Sure, I'll be tormented by guilt for the rest of my life, but hey, I'll still be alive to enjoy what I can. I'd probably be able to take a bullet for a friend as long as I wouldn't die... Call me self-centered, but that's... Actually, that's a bit on the right track.

Second of all... What's my friend doing with a gun-toting maniac? (0_0?)
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

I wouldn't do that I would be too busy getting away! Hopefully, my friends would be smart enough to duck down or run too. I wouldn't just stand there ready to die I would get the hell out of there.

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: would you be able to take a bullet for your freinds?

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    What's the point? O_o; After they shoot you, they'll just shoot your friend too.

Very rarely do would-be assasins find themselves in one-bullet situations :P
    This is the best answer ever for this thread

I have to be honest, No way I'dnt do this for a friend no chance my friends dont deserve that much besides i'm kind of person who thinks "no one should take the opotunity of other person"

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

Ummm....HECK NO!
    I will cry on your grave
    Wish you never left me
    But i caouldn't take a bullet for a FRIEND
    my mother, i would do it without second thought
    she brought me in this world
    she is my life
    my friend, i would cry and wish something could be done to bring you back
    but no. I couldn't

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast