+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Writer's Strike: Where do you stand?

Otaku Celebrity Fight Club Champion itachigirl is off to a good start
    i could tell you, but id have to kill you
    Thanks

Writer's Strike: Where do you stand?

this topic can go far and wide and i just want to see what your side is. mine is this: yes, without the writer there would be no show. however, the writer's knew what theyre wages would be ahead of time and if they had a problem with it they shouldnt have done it in the first place. not mention they do make decent money, much better than the average person. but the shows are nothing without writers so maybe they should get maybe higher pay than actors. anywho, im somewhat stuck between sides and was just curious on what your opinion is.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Writer's Strike: Where do you stand?

The Writer's Strike isn't about the amount of wages paid... it's that the producers of the shows in question aren't willing to pay them royalties for their work when it is posted or distributed on the internet. The companies are arguing that the internet is a domain in which the value of such work can't be measured... the writers are arguing that the companies themselves are suing internet services for distributing their properties without loyalties and then want to deny the writers any sort of payment when they themselves place that material online.

YouTube - Why We Fight
    YouTube - Not The Daily Show, With Some Writer

I support them COMPLETELY.

Newbie naruto_4893 may be famous one day naruto_4893 may be famous one day naruto_4893's Avatar
    some where in the darkness drowning. i need someone to save me
    Thanks

me i think that they should try to work it out ensted of going on strike.If they just work it out then it would be much ezer than going on strike.

Thankx Highteckdudu

Otaku Celebrity Fight Club Champion itachigirl is off to a good start
    i could tell you, but id have to kill you
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    The Writer's Strike isn't about the amount of wages paid... it's that the producers of the shows in question aren't willing to pay them royalties for their work when it is posted or distributed on the internet. The companies are arguing that the internet is a domain in which the value of such work can't be measured... the writers are arguing that the companies themselves are suing internet services for distributing their properties without loyalties and then want to deny the writers any sort of payment when they themselves place that material online.

YouTube - Why We Fight
    YouTube - Not The Daily Show, With Some Writer

I support them COMPLETELY.
    ooohhh. sorry 'bout that..i didnt realize that is what the strike is about. i thought it was about their average wages..my bad..
    i bet now i look like a ignorant fool, man..
    okay well if it's on that, then yeah ill back them up too..

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm on side with the writers. They aren't getting what they deserve; they're practically being robbed of their services. I really hope they get the problem resolved.

(The writers for the show "Supernatural" are meeting with the suits of the television station today. PLEASE PRAY THAT EVERYTHING GOES WELL!!!!!!!!!!)

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that the strike was totally called for. The actors can get royalties, so can directors and producers, but the writers get the shaft?? That's pretty messed up. They do more work than (mostly) anyone involved in the filming process. They work harder than actors and directors, they give thier talents to these people, but don't get the respect they deserve by not gettin royalties.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

^_^ i pass by the strikers every time i go to school!

anyways, i totally 100 percento support them! you should always support the artist when you can! they're the ones the gave us The Office! it is about fairness here, and the producers are not giving enough props to the people who are CREATING the show they're producing!

^_^ you know what's cool, though? writers from all around the world are supporting the writers in the US! the news featured the Association of German Writers (in Germany, of course) are protesting like the Americans to show their support! they even have the same signs as them! i cried! that's so sweet!

+ Reply to Thread