View Poll Results: Are you afraid to die?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 12.75%
  • No

74 72.55%
  • I'm not sure. Let me think about it.

15 14.71%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it wrong (or odd) to not fear death?

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Is it wrong (or odd) to not fear death?

I was thinking about this a while ago. Is it so wrong for a person to say that they are not afraid to die or to know exactly how they want to die. Death is a natural part of life and to me it doesn't make any sense to be afraid of something that is natural.

What about you guys? Are you afaraid to die? Do you think its odd when someone says they want to die? Or how they want to die?

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is it wrong (or odd) to not fear death?

No one should fear death. It's a part of life--in fact, life is about death.

"The Way of the Samurai is found in death. When it comes to either/or, there is only the quick choice of death. It is not particularly difficult. Be determined and advance. To say that dying without reaching one's aim is to die a dog's death is the frivolous way of sophisticates. When pressed with the choice of life or death, it is not necessary to gain one's aim.
    We all want to live. And in large part we make our logic according to what we like. But not having attained our aim and continuing to live is cowardice. This is a thin dangerous line. To die without gaining one's aim is a dog's death and fanaticism. But there is no shame in this. This is the substance of the Way of the Samurai. If by setting one's heart right every morning and evening, one is able to live as though his body were already dead, he pains freedom in the Way. His whole life will be without blame, and he will succeed in his calling." ~Tsunetomo Yamamoto-sensei (writer of Hagakure: Hidden in leaves)
    Life your life with no fear of death, for you are already dying. The minute you are born is the minute you start the cycle of death. Don't get me wrong, I'm not fearless. I'm afraid of suffereing, but not of death.

Otaku Dune Bashing In Dubai Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Yeti Bubbles Champion overload is off to a good start overload's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with you Sprout. no one should fear death.
    as for the quote it is correct.
    I do not fear death because it is just another part of your life.
    the next great journey as some call it. I actually look forward to it sometimes,
    I know that sounds weird but it is true.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by overload View Post
    I agree with you Sprout. no one should fear death.
    as for the quote it is correct.
    I do not fear death because it is just another part of your life.
    the next great journey as some call it. I actually look forward to it sometimes,
    I know that sounds weird but it is true.
    Naw, it's not weird at all to say that. You're not contemplating suicide, you're just curious as to what death is like, I'm guessing. I look forward to it, only because I know it'll happen eventually.

You should live your life like you're already dead because, you're bound to die at some point in time. Those who fear death have no true courage. If you cannot confront death, look it in the eyes and say, "You don't scare me," then deep down inside, you're a coward.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

No its not odd to fear death, in fact many people want death to come to them. But I dont think its real common for the average person to not fear death, most of us are not ready to die yet

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Newbie Uujille is just another face in the crowd Uujille's Avatar
    Thanks

For me...

IM REALLY AFRAID TO DIE!

Cause im too young you know.. And i have a family to be taken care of! But who knows maybe i can die later! Its god's decision. But everyone of us just need to be prepared! AND IM NOT YET PREPARED!! I fear to death...

And i think it's right to fear death but thats only my opinion! Maybe others really want to die!
    ITS NOT WRONG TO FEAR DEATH!! OR FOR SHORT, RIGHT TO FEAR DEATH!

Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god
    most of us are not ready to die yet
    I swear im one of them!
    SHIT MAH' MEN!!

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

My parents told me that when my parental grandmother passed away, I was out running around our residence, joyfully announcing her death and singing gibberish with comfort, while everyone were inside the house, grieving. And I loved her very much.

Well, the first signs of fear over death crept up to me as I reached the age when I could slightly comprehend it.. And the world's society helped, too, by paving a road filled with billboards complimenting death as a bad and sad experience. But let me quote one of my most beloved figures, Tagore, as I admire the wonderful image he portrays here: The Child cries out when from the right breast the mother takes it away, in the very next moment to find in the left one its consolation... I did not know better ~!! And then my older brother succumbed to a sudden death at a very young age, which sort of rekindle subtle more fears in me. Initially I attempted to shy away from the notion of death, but it kept knocking at my mind's door, inviting me to explore and reconcile with it so to speak. What began as a morbid experience flowered into familiar contentment. Ah.. In my days of monkhood, I dwelt on things that talked about and described death, and upon further introspection, as I myself wanted to experience it, I came to embrace it as I do of my life, considering them as twins. Death isn't a catastrophic event, it merely sets one's soul free, if not permanently, at least temporarily of some.. I believe. And I also believe that it's no new experience. Like Tagore once said it, "I shall enter the same unknown that was ever known to me."

Otaku LEtters Champion, PopWord Champion, Alphabet Soup Champion, Baby Destruction Champion bellocanlver is off to a good start
    Thanks

I'm not afraid of death bcuz i know its gonna happen, i just hope it doesnt happen when im enjoying life for once, and also hope that its a quick death

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast