View Poll Results: Are you afraid to die?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 12.75%
  • No

74 72.55%
  • I'm not sure. Let me think about it.

15 14.71%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it wrong (or odd) to not fear death?

Newbie bbZuSh is off to a good start bbZuSh's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: Is it wrong (or odd) to not fear death?

An intelligent person is one who is constant preparing for his death

I think death is natural, so nobody should be afraid of it. In life, everything comes unexpected. Though we may have been preparing for something, we do not actually know what will happen tomorrow or what it reserves for us. If one thing is certain in life, it's death. Quite ironical I must say but still, as soon as we begin to understand the whole meaning of our life, we do accept the fact that we should die someday. Then, why fear?
    They watched him in his descent;
    the Archangel just made honour to his name
    the highest of all but, just a mere messenger.
    Yet a Master he was, one who is of He.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is it wrong (or odd) to not fear death?

Well Death and the grim reaper 'are' dierctly related. Sometimes, the grim reaper is just called 'death' himself. But just dieing a peacful death is not to be afriad of, but dieing with suffering, and the unknown about what lies after death, is what i am afraid of

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Thanks

Smile Re: Is it wrong (or odd) to not fear death?

Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god View Post
    Well Death and the grim reaper 'are' dierctly related. Sometimes, the grim reaper is just called 'death' himself. But just dieing a peacful death is not to be afriad of, but dieing with suffering, and the unknown about what lies after death, is what i am afraid of
    Well, I certainly wouldn't want to die in pain. I would think that people are mostly afraid of dying because of what we might feel in that situation. It's fear of the unknown as you've just said. What lies after death, that is the question. Due to some religion we might follow or not, we might have our own ideas but I do really think that Death itself is not to be feared. Death is the end of life, but will in be really The End? That what most are afraid of. Are we going to go to hell and suffer in the deep fire, did we sin or not. I think we might actually be afraid of what we might have done at some place in time and then, of the consequences.

Otaku Tetsanosuke Kirikami is off to a good start Tetsanosuke Kirikami's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbZuSh View Post
    Well, I certainly wouldn't want to die in pain. I would think that people are mostly afraid of dying because of what we might feel in that situation. It's fear of the unknown as you've just said. What lies after death, that is the question. Due to some religion we might follow or not, we might have our own ideas but I do really think that Death itself is not to be feared. Death is the end of life, but will in be really The End? That what most are afraid of. Are we going to go to hell and suffer in the deep fire, did we sin or not. I think we might actually be afraid of what we might have done at some place in time and then, of the consequences.
    Religion is a safety belt for those fears and insecurities. When you are 'saved' in your faith you are 'saved' for your afterlife, or that's how the trend goes usually.

I believe I already stated my opinion on this earlier but I'll say it again, there's no reason to fear what will always be fact. You'll die some day.

"Walk in with Reason, and leave with Passion."

Newbie darkwolfchild is off to a good start darkwolfchild's Avatar
    Thanks

I do not think it is wrong either way, to fear or not. Some of us are ready, we have made our peace with the future, for it never comes and have accepted to live every day as if it were our last. To fear it is actually admitting that you know you want to live and have things to live for or people, you are admitting that you are not ready to leave them yet. So no it is not wrong to not fear death, you have accepted it as a natural part of life, we all die, that is the only true thing we all share.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to darkwolfchild For This Useful Post:

bbZuSh (Dec 14, 2007), demon slayer (Dec 14, 2007), Tetsanosuke Kirikami (Dec 17, 2007)

Newbie demon slayer is off to a good start demon slayer's Avatar
    I live in the Chi-Town and I'm a chicana who is Indian and Aztec.
    Thanks

To anyone that actually fears death and wants to run away from it. You all suck or your just chickens if I knew I was going to die I'd do it myself not because of someone or something doing it for me. I want the pleasure of killing myself thank you very much.xoxoxo
    The sky is beautiful when filled with stars such as these. That is why I sleep under the stars.

Thanks

Red face Re: Is it wrong (or odd) to not fear death?

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsanosuke Kirikami
    Religion is a safety belt for those fears and insecurities. When you are 'saved' in your faith you are 'saved' for your afterlife, or that's how the trend goes usually.

I believe I already stated my opinion on this earlier but I'll say it again, there's no reason to fear what will always be fact. You'll die some day.
    Easier said than done I think. For most people, it's not even possible to accept this fact, so to accept it without fear, that's even more difficult for them. Religion might me the safety belt... or not. There are many things that comes to mind when we abide by our religion. "Am I doing this right?" "Should I be doing this?" "What if I do this?" And I would say, then it's even more easy to fear death than not to fear it.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwolfchild
    I do not think it is wrong either way, to fear or not. Some of us are ready, we have made our peace with the future, for it never comes and have accepted to live every day as if it were our last. To fear it is actually admitting that you know you want to live and have things to live for or people, you are admitting that you are not ready to leave them yet. So no it is not wrong to not fear death, you have accepted it as a natural part of life, we all die, that is the only true thing we all share.
    I have to say, I never did see things that way. :-P And I perfectly believe you're right here. I've seen people, on their death beds struggling to live, and that's so heart wrenching. At 70 or 80, some people are making plans for the 15 years to come, without even thinking that they might died before it to be realised. I liked what you said

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bbZuSh For This Useful Post:

darkwolfchild (Dec 15, 2007)

Newbie carcrazy1986 is off to a good start carcrazy1986's Avatar
    Thanks

Do i fear Death? yes and no. why i do not fear death because death will come to claim you eventually so when that time comes i will not fear but welcome it because i will have done what i wanted and needed to do with the time i was given. why do i fear death because could happen any where any how and hopefully i will have done what i wanted and needed to do with my time. so to me death is 2 sides of life's coin.
    The past doesn't exist because it's happened and not therefore only in our imaginations; The future doesn't exist because it's not happened; The present doesn't exist because once it's over it's in the past, which doesn't exist; We don't really exist! Oh no!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast