View Poll Results: Are you afraid to die?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 12.75%
  • No

74 72.55%
  • I'm not sure. Let me think about it.

15 14.71%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14

Thread: Is it wrong (or odd) to not fear death?

Newbie kokolawliet is off to a good start kokolawliet's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is it wrong (or odd) to not fear death?

I fear it.. because I know what's going to happen afterwards.

Newbie demon slayer is off to a good start demon slayer's Avatar
    I live in the Chi-Town and I'm a chicana who is Indian and Aztec.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    I am comfortable with deathin fact I've spent a few years walking with it. However I found out that I might as well enjoy this life that I have (and so do you) where I have the ability to do things of which even angels are jealous for we are able to create. Wherefore scuicide is not the answer. Foryou will soon find yourself bored of death (there really isn't that much to do.)
    I know everyone only live once and you want to live up while you can right? Well sometimes I just feel like I want to escape from it all so I'm not a downer. I'm a cool person and I know how to have fun if you have anything to say reply or comment *smiles*
    The sky is beautiful when filled with stars such as these. That is why I sleep under the stars.

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, it depends on the kind of death. Dissection, Experimentation, Unfortunate accident... XD But on a serious note, to me, it's natural to be fearful or fearless of death. Because, to me, it's something instinctual and primal that is making you fear, or not fear, right? For example, if a person has low self-esteem, thinks she won't amount to anything, or that everyone and everything else is better than she is, then obviously, she's lost what I think is the purpose of living for all things: a will to power, and a will to preservation. If a person doesn't fear death, then somewhere in them, deep down inside (and I mean this in a primal sense), they know that some way or another, they know (or at least think) that they'll persevere somehow through death. Whether it's "living" through the hearts of their loved ones, or building towering, brick tombs that'll cost thousands of other lives, they'll know they'll remain after death somehow. And then, there's the position between these two spectrums... The one who loves life, and fears death. I'm presuming that most people fear death because everything they have will be torn away from them, right? That their power will be torn away from them, and of course, that they'll die. To me, fearing the loss of power and not being able to "live on" is also natural.

Really, the only perspective of death that I see as "odd", is the the one of morbid curiosity. And, the only reason I see it as "odd", is because it's not as prominent as the other perspectives I've mentioned.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by demon slayer View Post
    I know everyone only live once and you want to live up while you can right? Well sometimes I just feel like I want to escape from it all so I'm not a downer. I'm a cool person and I know how to have fun if you have anything to say reply or comment *smiles*
    Lifes not something to endure or escape from it's a pleasure and an opportunity to learn. What we are learning I'm not sure but I know for a fact that we exist after this life (i'm still trying to proove it with humanity's backwards science) and what ever it is I have a feeling that the more we learn the more we'll be prepared for what's next... it's kind of like refining sand before you make glass you throw it through the fire and continue to burn out the impurities then allow it to cool and melt it down again adding a metal or another ingredient until you have a shining result. I don't know what it is that we're going into but I intend to have a mind clear as crystal even if it's painful at first.

... and join my rebellion against time.

Newbie WhiteWave14 is off to a good start WhiteWave14's Avatar
    Under your BED! OMNOMNOM *eats your toes*
    Thanks

I don't but I also do. It's weird but I've always been a risk taker.

Been in plenty of accidents and as such, It has never crossed my mind until now that I never really worried about dieing, but yet my mum and family, and what will happen when I'm gone.

But really I don't think it's odd or wrong, everyone has a different opinion about things such as this. ^^

Though we're all going to die sometime...

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by demon slayer View Post
    I am not afraid of death evenn if you think I will be people die I'm okay with it I'm looking foward to it actually I want to kill myslef. *smiles* If you have a problem with this or a thought about it comment or reply. *still smling* okay?
    Really? That just means you're afraid of LIFE then. I'd rather fear death than fear life--none of which I fear. One who fears life should already be dead--never should have been born. That's just my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by kokolawliet View Post
    I fear it.. because I know what's going to happen afterwards.
    FINALLY! An honest answer!!! Kudos!!

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Lifes not something to endure or escape from it's a pleasure and an opportunity to learn. What we are learning I'm not sure but I know for a fact that we exist after this life (i'm still trying to proove it with humanity's backwards science) and what ever it is I have a feeling that the more we learn the more we'll be prepared for what's next... it's kind of like refining sand before you make glass you throw it through the fire and continue to burn out the impurities then allow it to cool and melt it down again adding a metal or another ingredient until you have a shining result. I don't know what it is that we're going into but I intend to have a mind clear as crystal even if it's painful at first.
    I agree with Corvus on this one. Life is a learning experience and if you're running from life, you're running for no reason. Essentially skipping the most important lesson you'll ever learn. The more we make mistakes, the more we learn how to take that step towards a good life.

I personally believe that once you die, your energy is carried off to another vessel that has been prepared for your next lifetime. You can come back as another human, a cat, a dog, a tree, a rock... etc. I feel like those who live decent lives, those who live life to the fullest and those who do thier best in life get to come back as living beings who'll make a difference in the next lifetime. But, those who end thier lives prematurely either float in limbo or come back as something trivial and unimportant, like a fish or an earthworm.

Do not run from life and do not run from death. Walk through life with your head held high and have no fear of dying, because it's bound to happen anyway.

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

That lazy God created the angel of death
    My words is if you pass away in your sleep then you have nothing to fear,
    but I would kill off the Angel of death

Newbie demon slayer is off to a good start demon slayer's Avatar
    I live in the Chi-Town and I'm a chicana who is Indian and Aztec.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Really? That just means you're afraid of LIFE then. I'd rather fear death than fear life--none of which I fear. One who fears life should already be dead--never should have been born. That's just my opinion.

FINALLY! An honest answer!!! Kudos!!

I agree with Corvus on this one. Life is a learning experience and if you're running from life, you're running for no reason. Essentially skipping the most important lesson you'll ever learn. The more we make mistakes, the more we learn how to take that step towards a good life.

I personally believe that once you die, your energy is carried off to another vessel that has been prepared for your next lifetime. You can come back as another human, a cat, a dog, a tree, a rock... etc. I feel like those who live decent lives, those who live life to the fullest and those who do thier best in life get to come back as living beings who'll make a difference in the next lifetime. But, those who end thier lives prematurely either float in limbo or come back as something trivial and unimportant, like a fish or an earthworm.

Do not run from life and do not run from death. Walk through life with your head held high and have no fear of dying, because it's bound to happen anyway.
    I'm not afraid of life I love it but I just already know how life feels I want to feel death. that's all I want to know.
    The sky is beautiful when filled with stars such as these. That is why I sleep under the stars.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14