View Poll Results: Are you afraid to die?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 12.75%
  • No

74 72.55%
  • I'm not sure. Let me think about it.

15 14.71%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it wrong (or odd) to not fear death?

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is it wrong (or odd) to not fear death?

Im scared to die so i dont think that is wrong or weird for anyone to think that it is weird not fear it.

It is just how they look at things.

Me personally i cant see myself unless i am living.
    it scares me cause i am afraid of what is to happen.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

Is not odd it just we never ready for it, maybe that is why i dont fear coz it has to happen someday, Im not scare to die, I do fear how it going to happens!!
    Last edited by Arukih; Dec 10, 2007 at 04:17 PM.

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

I do not fear death and never had...........
    Everybody has to die someday.........it is natural part of the life cycle.......
    The think that scares me though.......is how am I going to die..........peacefully or painfully?
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

For a long long while I was completely terrified of death.
    It would literally keep me up until 1:00 in the morning just because i'm so scared and I was overthinking about it.
    But now I've learned to accept it moreover, at times a little too much due to my crappy life. It all depends on my mood really. There are times when I'll show no fear or anything even beg for something to kill while other times I'll literally freak out at the word. It's natural reaction, you can't deny that.

I find it perfectly reasonable to not fear death and also vice versa to fear it.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't fear death it self, however, I don't want my death to come. Not for personal reasons, but for this.

If I die, the true victims will be my family and friends. They will all grieve for me, and die inside. My mother would be so sad that her baby's dead. As a mother, having your son die is just about the worst experiance. I don't want to die, but because I fear death, but because I dont want to bring grief and sorrow to everyone I know and love.

I couldn't really care less whether I die or not. It will come eventually. Its just, I'd rather die after my parents die. Thats how its supposed to be. That way they dont grieve that their son died before them.

If I had no family or friends that loved me, I wouldn't care at all. It would be nothing to me. I can't foresee the future, therefor I cant say that I didn't get to accomplish something.

Also, It really depends on how I die. If I can experiance a nice death, with no fear and horror included, that would be fine.

I mean, If I were to die, I would want it to be "omfg this hurts i cant breath oh god this is it this is the end omg!!1"

Or me screaming bloody murder because someone is brutally stabbing me multiple times in the face.

I would want to die manually. I'd rather die by my own hands when i choose.

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

For me, at this moment in my life, the answer is yes.

Throughout my life the answer has changed, back and forth, for one reason or another.

At this moment in time though, I take care of my Mother and youngest sister who both have health problems. I moved here to care for them after my father passed. I worry all the time about what would happen to them, if something happened to me.

My company changed insurance carriers last year, and with the new insurance carrier the cost went up, but what you got for the money went down. My coverage went down by half, but the amount I am paying almost doubled. I figure, if they are careful they could live four, maybe five years off it. What will they do after that????

H_ll yeah, I'm afraid to die. I don't care so much for myself, but it's them I'm living for now. I worry every moment of every day, because you never know... is this my moment.

If I was offered the option of knowing the exact moment of my death, I would want to know. At least that way I could relax, and prepare.

I'm not afraid of dying. It's nature way. I am afraid to die, because of them.

As far as the wanting to die. No there is nothing unusual about it. Everyone hits at least one moment in their life when they wish it would end. It's just a matter of how seriously you mean it.

I have watched young people so deep in depression that it is an effort to move. Just wishing the emotional and physical pains of depression would end, one way or another.

I have watched middle aged people with early onset Alzheimer's, their mind slipping away from them. Even the simplest of daily living activities (bathing, eating, dressing, etc.) become forgotten things. In their clearer moments they wish it would end, because they know it will only get worse.

I have seen AIDS patients slowly waste away, begging for you to end it for them.

I have seen 98 year olds no longer able to move wanting an end to everything.

No matter the age, anyone can reach that critical moment when the pain, inside and out, becomes greater than the will to keep going. You just need to hope that they find a reason to go on.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I think it is very man of me to admit that I do fear death. I think everyone who is youthful ought to fear death because frankly, you've barely experienced life.

I suppose it is not so much the fear of death itself, but the fear of dying too young. I'm confident that as I grow older and older, this fear will deaden and I will reach that age where I don't want to do die necessarily, but it certainly wouldn't bother me if it happened. Anyone who claims they don't fear death, I think that's in part what they mean.

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it is very man of me to admit that I do fear death
    No offense, but just because you can admit that you fear your own death on an anime forum doesnt make you "very man".

Whether you fear death or not, or whether you can admit it, has nothing to do with your masculinity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast