View Poll Results: Are you afraid to die?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 12.75%
  • No

74 72.55%
  • I'm not sure. Let me think about it.

15 14.71%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it wrong (or odd) to not fear death?

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is it wrong (or odd) to not fear death?

How many punks do you know who act macho and claim to fear nothing, even death? I meet them everyday, and it sickens me how they think they're so tough and manly because they claim they don't fear death. A real man can share his feelings and not give a damn what idiot says behind him about. Thus tying fear of death and masculinity together. You don't think men who die in wars for their country aren't made men by facing their true feelings for death? If that's so, you're mistakened.

Newbie SoftBlade is off to a good start SoftBlade's Avatar
    Thanks

For some people, like myself, religion also plays a part in whether you fear death or not. I don't fear death because I know where I'm going after I die. But this is just because I have faith in my religion. For those who don't believe in some kind of afterlife, I think they'd have a better chance of fearing death. But this is all just my personal opinion, I can't prove any of it ^^

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark. View Post
    How many punks do you know who act macho and claim to fear nothing, even death? I meet them everyday, and it sickens me how they think they're so tough and manly because they claim they don't fear death. A real man can share his feelings and not give a damn what idiot says behind him about. Thus tying fear of death and masculinity together. You don't think men who die in wars for their country aren't made men by facing their true feelings for death? If that's so, you're mistakened.
    No, im just saying why are you trying to prove how manly you are? Why is masculinity an issue here? It has nothing to do with this. You can fear death or claim not to, but that doesnt make you any more or less of a man. Your masculinity is determined by the amount of testosterone in your system, and your gender. Not whether you can admit something or not.

Seriously, we need to come up with some better comparisons. "Im not a boy, im a man" or "you throw like a girl". Its real sexist, when you think about it. Its just a stupid analogy that makes little sense, with some profound opinionated version of what a man is supposed to be.

For those who don't believe in some kind of afterlife, I think they'd have a better chance of fearing death. But this is all just my personal opinion, I can't prove any of it ^^
    I believe that when you die, you have no consciousness, thus, you don't go anywhere. Your very "soul", your mind, thoughts, memories, all that, disappear without a trace.

However, I don't fear death. Just the misery it will bring my loved ones.

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

death is death, there nothing that we can do to live longer and we people must accept that we have to die one day, that could be tommorrow or in a few years time but everyone have to die from a everyday office worker to an emperior, to a royalty. it doesent matter who you are. i am not afride to die

Otaku arekandera is off to a good start arekandera's Avatar
    Thanks

I am afraid to die but not to much mostly I'm afraid about how many sadness my death could bring to the ones that know me.I don't think we should be afraid of death because we all die some day and we should live our life as beautiful as we can...Maybe i'm not afraid so much because i almost died two times and i know that i could "escape"the next time too...and because my dad could die at any moment so i know it's harder for the ones who live then for the ones who go because the ones who live are sad.Despite my christian religion i don't think our soul goes anywhere after we die....

"If you need something to worship, then worship life - all life, every last crawling bit of it! We're all in this beauty together!" - Frank Herbert

ayu
    Devoted Otaku ayu is off to a good start ayu's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not afraid to die. I would actually be happy if I die. Because I would see God now. Well, that's what our pastor said to us. But, I'm afraid to die at an early age, cause I might not get to do what I wanted to do most. Like the time I though I had cerebral hemorrhage and thought I was gonna die. Which I didnt. LOL XD And I would miss my family and friends.

Otaku souichiro_arima may be famous one day souichiro_arima may be famous one day souichiro_arima's Avatar
    Thanks

Im not afraid to die, because come to think of, we all gonna die. So, why worry?? we all goes to that cycle...*sign*

"Bring salvation to akuma's soul."

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

It's not wrong ta b afraid or even unafraid of death, I've almost died myself and still managed ta survive. I'm not afraid of death, we'll all die sometime, I'm afraid of a life not lived. I still have many things left ta do in my life and I don' think that my time's up jus' yet.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast