View Poll Results: Are you afraid to die?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    13 12.75%
  • No

    74 72.55%
  • I'm not sure. Let me think about it.

    15 14.71%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 33 to 40 of 112

Thread: Is it wrong (or odd) to not fear death?

  1. #33
    Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,643
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked 166 Times in 141 Posts

    Re: Is it wrong (or odd) to not fear death?

    Quote Originally Posted by mellow maromi View Post
    I mean, its not that I'm afraid of death because it will bring my loved ones into grief, its just that I dread it. There's a difference between fear and dread. I am not scared to die, i just dread that day. I know it will happen eventually.

    But, what i don't agree with, is the excuse people are coming up with for not being afraid. "you're going to die someday, so why fear it?"

    I mean, chances are everyone will experience everything at one point. Everyone will probably experience a car accident, everyone will experience a loved one dying, everyone might experience a robbery, everyone might experience getting kidnapped.

    The thing is, just because it will or might happen, doesn't mean you shouldn't fear it. Just because it may be unavoidable doesn't mean you dread the day it will happen.
    Point taken. Some do dread the thought of death. But, isn't that almost--ALMOST--along the same lines as fearing death? One shouldn't look at death in a negative manner, unless they have lived an empty life. If you were a shell of a man throughout your entire existence here on Earth, then you should be dreading death; because your life wasn't fufilled. If you spent a life striving to accomplish something--and at least accomplished a good portion of your goals--then there is nothing to fear. If you have any regrets in your past, then yeah, dread/fear death.

    But if you just go with the flow of life, do your best to accomplish your goals, you shouldn't fear death. You should be talkin' trash to death. "C'mon! I'll kick your ass!" LOL.


  2. #34
    Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sadly, Michigan
    Posts
    411
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts

    Re: Is it wrong (or odd) to not fear death?

    Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    No one should fear death. It's a part of life--in fact, life is about death.



    Life your life with no fear of death, for you are already dying. The minute you are born is the minute you start the cycle of death. Don't get me wrong, I'm not fearless. I'm afraid of suffereing, but not of death.
    Ditto, ditto ditto ditto ditto ditto!!!!

    Life in itself IS deal, and I view if we embrace the fact we die, we can honestly live life to the greatest. To me you know how to live when you know how to die, which yes I got that from a movie but...I kinda go by that line. It helps.

    "And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

  3. #35
    Otaku Tetsanosuke Kirikami is off to a good start Tetsanosuke Kirikami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in ol'Michigan
    Posts
    120
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

    Re: Is it wrong (or odd) to not fear death?

    Atomik Sprout and my buddy Aleister, I'm with you on that idea.

    Death can strike fear within, or maybe we associate that with pain. But even so we also connect it with religion out of fear, because it's 'boldly' where no man has gone and successfully returned. At truth, even when you say we bring people back, with heart palpitations and what not.. it's truly not the guide into that unknown.

    But that's why I slice that all aside. Death is a part of life, and when we fear it so much we lose our balance as living in that state of 'content joy'.

    Life and death are like black and white, yet are sisters in constant flight.

    "Walk in with Reason, and leave with Passion."

  4. #36
    My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    near you
    Posts
    1,875
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 50 Times in 42 Posts

    Re: Is it wrong (or odd) to not fear death?

    well my fathers brother and sister who were both at least 5 years younger than him, past away a couple years ago, both in the same year. My dad was the oldest out of the three, and to this day I believe it causes my grandmother constant pain because of thier memory. They werent very old either, around the age of 35 or so. But becuase of this I dont think my grandmother fears death at all.

    1st Sig finished 12-20-09

  5. #37
    Newbie 59wayz is off to a good start 59wayz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Is it wrong (or odd) to not fear death?

    I am not afraid of death. Why should I? Death is one thing that every person should not fear. Death is inevitable, whether we like it or not. We all are going to die. So I am not afraid of death, in fact I am more intrigued with death.

  6. #38
    My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    near you
    Posts
    1,875
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 50 Times in 42 Posts

    Re: Is it wrong (or odd) to not fear death?

    Quote Originally Posted by 59wayz View Post
    I am not afraid of death. Why should I? Death is one thing that every person should not fear. Death is inevitable, whether we like it or not. We all are going to die. So I am not afraid of death, in fact I am more intrigued with death.
    Theres reasons why people do fear death. For those who dont fear death itsekf, fear for those who care from him/her. Im sure you dont want to die this very second do you?

    1st Sig finished 12-20-09

  7. #39
    Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,643
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked 166 Times in 141 Posts

    Re: Is it wrong (or odd) to not fear death?

    Quote Originally Posted by 59wayz View Post
    I am not afraid of death. Why should I? Death is one thing that every person should not fear. Death is inevitable, whether we like it or not. We all are going to die. So I am not afraid of death, in fact I am more intrigued with death.
    I hear ya bro! I've wondered what it's like from time to time. Just don't get all suicidal on a brother, LOL.

    Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god View Post
    Theres reasons why people do fear death. For those who dont fear death itsekf, fear for those who care from him/her. Im sure you dont want to die this very second do you?
    Nobody's saying they wanna die this instant, we're simply saying that there is no reason to fear death. Nobody is saying, "Hurry up Death! Come get me!" We're saying that when the time comes and Death puts its hand out to reach for us, we're gonna say, "BRING IT ON!!!!"

    If you waste your time worrying about death, you will never lead a full life. Life equals death. Everything on this planet--except for rocks--dies! Other animals don't fear death, why should a human? Because we have thumbs? Pshh!!


  8. #40
    Newbie supersonico may be famous one day supersonico may be famous one day supersonico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    where the Ocelot run free
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Is it wrong (or odd) to not fear death?

    ok,ok ....im afraid of the death, cuz i dont know what is. I dont know if there is a light at the end or life after death, the mankind fears all that is unknown. We have discovered many things and we have lost the fear to them, yes.

    your first time in the school, did u feel fear?
    the first visit to the dentist,did u feel fear?

    to feel fear to the strange things is normal, its a response of the body to unexpected and unknown situations

    so i think:to be afraid to the death isnt wrong
    if u r not afraid of it... man, i respect u and i ask u this:would you commit suicide for just to prove ur braveness?
    Damned Japanese Otakuses

    They always keep the good stuff in Japan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Fear??
    By fireandice in forum POTM (Poem of the Month)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Oct 10, 2007, 01:57 AM
  2. What Do You Fear??
    By koga23 in forum Cyber Lounge
    Replies: 466
    Last Post: Sep 15, 2007, 06:35 PM
  3. Fear
    By Seirika in forum Poems
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jul 12, 2007, 10:04 AM
  4. no fear of death
    By tupacs_wifey in forum Poems
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Oct 05, 2006, 03:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts