+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you an "adult"?

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Are you an "adult"?

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip
    Nope. You should worry about drinking, no matter what your age is and / or how immature you are. Being an adult doesn’t necessarily have to come with brains and age. It comes from within themselves and how they react to a particular situation. About the adults getting drunken thing, if you’re older alcohol doesn’t affect you as much as when you’re 16 or 18, because it’s strong stuff. Even though everyone who takes alcohol more than they should they do get drunk but car accidents due to drink driving are more common in young people, let’s say 16-23 years?
    Well, i think that alcohol can have the same affect on a 16 year old as a 61 year old. An older brain is still a brain , and it can still be affected. You do have a point, but i think their brains are "used to" drinking, so i'm not sure if it's becuz they're adults.

And about drunk driving, yes, it is mostly teenagers who do it. But that's not to say that adults don't do it either! Mix with the fact that most teenagers don't really know how to drive in the first place, of course they're going to get in more accidents

Not everyone can make it, trust me They had old point of views. If you're 14 now and you're told to help run a business it's gonna be hard for some or most of the kids right? ^^; Depends.
    Like i said, i didn't agree with EVERYTHING they did back in the day. I do resepect the time and linancy we give to children who REALY do have probelms learning n such. Perhaps is we found a balance point it would work quite well..

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes I do belive that the age should be risen.
    Especially the drinking age.There r too many kids out there getting in trouble.and if they raised the age limmit then it might just lower the amount of poeple that do drink.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

There are many people our there between their 20's and 30's and still act like teenagers. Hence, the title of adult doesn't necesseraly apply to those kinds of people, they just still don't want to accept the fact that they are not teenagers anymore.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Wink Re: Are you an "adult"?

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    There are many people our there between their 20's and 30's and still act like teenagers. Hence, the title of adult doesn't necesseraly apply to those kinds of people, they just still don't want to accept the fact that they are not teenagers anymore.
    Hey!!!! My body is not a teen anymore but my mind still being a teenager ev'ry now and then..... there is nothig wrong to have a young mind.....
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Otaku gigi2005 may be famous one day gigi2005 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by P.R. Princes View Post
    Yes I do belive that the age should be risen.
    Especially the drinking age.There r too many kids out there getting in trouble.and if they raised the age limmit then it might just lower the amount of poeple that do drink.
    Thats becose the drink age is the US is to high its 21 thats just to high, the reason i am saying this is becose when people finaly reach the drinking age they drink whit out supervision from somone how has experians whit alchohol.
    The resolt is that they drink way to much becose they dont now there limits, this becose this is the first time he drinks.
    It usely ends whit a blackout a hugh hangover but somtimes they drink so much that they end whit alcehol poisning.
    In my country they only have a age limmit for the past two years(ever sinds reachers said it whas bad to drink under 16) for the past two years and there thinking about ending it it brings way to much problems whit it, people just don,t beleve in that reachers becose drinking at jong ages is normal in my country so evrybody just ignores the drinking law and evry one stil drinks alcehol.
    The thing is when you drink at a jong age(by jong age i mean 12 til 14 years old) it hapens under supervision from somone how has experions whit alcehol such a family and frends so when you get to drunk the tel you to stop, that way the worst thing that can hapen is waking up whit a hangover.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lebasiara View Post
    Hey!!!! My body is not a teen anymore but my mind still being a teenager ev'ry now and then..... there is nothig wrong to have a young mind.....
    You are right there is nothing wrong with that, but some still want to do the stuff that only a teenager would do such as not taking responsabilities for their deeds.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

I don't think raising the age would happen. But I do think it's a better age to become an official "adult". At twenty-one you can drink alcohol, get into clubs, have a good time with your friends. At eighteen you cannot do junk except "be legal" and "not listen to your parents". CRAP! Most eighteen year olds are STILL living with their parents, under their rules and everything. I think the official age of becoming an adult to be twenty one is an excellent idea. I vote let's change it back! I wonder if it will ever happen, though.

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it's great just how it is. At 18 the teen is legal responsible for themselves, that in and of itself forces most to mature rather quickly. That rapid growth in maturity is what I think makes the differance in wether one in adult enough to drink. Like a one step at a time type thing.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast