+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Are you an "adult"?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Are you an "adult"?

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    objective? haven't really seen that in your posts as of yet. Not saying im remeaning objective though.
    lol, when I say objective I mean not allowing emotional reactions to color my view. Any issue can be broken into emotional responses from those for and against it. No legislature I know of has been liked by everyone. Someone isn't going to like anything no matter what it is. That's why I couldn't care less about whether people would be offended I just want facts, results not spin. That's why the argument of "the military won't like it" to me has no bearing on whether or not it should be done. Give me a reason besides "some people will be upset" and I'll consider it. Fact is society changes and what society considers acceptable changes right with it all the time. Whether some of the people don't like it or not has no bearing on it.

Well when you take things away, you'd be surprised how many would bitch for the hell of it.
    lol! Probably.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Give me a reason besides "some people will be upset" and I'll consider it. .
    Well one is some brilliant mature individuals will lose some career opportunity's. Like say a guy goes to apply for the job of his dreams only to find out hes too young. They only want adults. Yeah he could try later, but some dream jobs only come once.

Also it wont solve anything, ppl will still drink. Just will make it harder. Will this make them more mature and responsible? No!! Will probably have the opposite effect. So why would you want to raise it then? I just don't see a reason to raise it, seeing it won't solve anything. Just will infringe on young ppls basic rights.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Well one is some brilliant mature individuals will lose some career opportunity's. Like say a guy goes to apply for the job of his dreams only to find out hes too young. They only want adults. Yeah he could try later, but some dream jobs only come once.

Also it wont solve anything, ppl will still drink. Just will make it harder. Will this make them more mature and responsible? No!! Will probably have the opposite effect. So why would you want to raise it then? I just don't see a reason to raise it, seeing it won't solve anything. Just will infringe on young ppls basic rights.
    There are many stores and shopping malls who have a quota: so many people under 18 and so many people over. They have to balance it. I remember applying for a job and having to wait because I was a minor and they had two more minors than "adults."

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Lets see, because the damage from excessive drinking isn't permanent if they are older when they begin? Because it does make it harder for them to get a hold of it and there are some who will drink to excess the instant it is legal. So lets not add brain damage to their already apparent stupidity. Laws aren't for the stupid who break them. They are for those who follow them and to enable society to try and protect the others from their own stupidity in the meantime.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Lets see, because the damage from excessive drinking isn't permanent if they are older when they begin? Because it does make it harder for them to get a hold of it and there are some who will drink to excess the instant it is legal. So lets not add brain damage to their already apparent stupidity. Laws aren't for the stupid who break them. They are for those who follow them and to enable society to try and protect the others from their own stupidity in the meantime.
    Yes, but most will drink b4 the legal age(Which in now 23-24?). Just as the minor of today do. Seeing they will be older, probably more so. All we really need is better education on what excessive drinking can do to your brain.

PS:Also there are some that drink to excess just because its illegal, just like Pot.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, but most will drink b4 the legal age(Which in now 23-24?). Just as the minor of today do. Seeing they will be older, probably more so. All we really need is better education on what excessive drinking can do to your brain.

PS:Also there are some that drink to excess just because its illegal, just like Pot.
    It is normal in our society to drink before you are legal to do so. No youth will wait till he or she reaches the legal age to drink. Also, must kids out there know what drinking will do to them, they just don't care (some do care though).

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    It is normal in our society to drink before you are legal to do so. No youth will wait till he or she reaches the legal age to drink. Also, must kids out there know what drinking will do to them, they just don't care (some do care though).
    Avoid generalizations, Ketaro. People in the U.K. are allowed to drink at eighteen, but I chose to wait.

I believe that maturity - which is not the same as adulthood - is a state of mind. When I was born, my "inner child" was forty years old. I'm still old for my age, but I make decisions that correspond to what is best for me at this point in life.

~ beri-chan ~ hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not legally an adult yet, however many think i've very mature, which takes them in thinking i am like an adult. Maturity and being an adult are two different things, and even if so many consider me an 'adult', inside i'm still a child....you could say that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast