+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: are you for or against cloning?

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: are you for or against cloning?

Looking past the hollywood bullshit of cloning whole humans, I think cloning would be a plus. I mean if your in a situation where your liver or kidney or any other vital organ is giving not because of age but a health problem, etc.; why not? It'd be no different from a kidney transplant or anything like that. It is simply giving an identical kidney of yours back. No backfires attached.

Btw, the human cloning thing, will probably happen when hell freezes over. It took over 100 trials to make Dolly the Sheep, many trials were extremely deformed and hidieous; why try and do the same with humans? Think of cloning as a medical alternative, not a scientific way to immortality or playing against god.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

no... cuz then they'll clone all the people you don't like... and then it's the whole "playing God" thing...

and it's like... why don't you just have sex to have more people? i mean, it's less science, and more fun!!!

... if you really think about it... besides... not to be cold-hearted, but you give a bum a sandwhich and he won't care what you do to him... JUST KIDDING!!! geez... you people...

sorry... it's just that... life is sacred... and... making something so sacred... unaturally... seems very wrong...

i think that's why it hasn't worked out... cuz it's not suppose to... but if it does... it will probably lead to our downfall...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    Looking past the hollywood bullshit of cloning whole humans, I think cloning would be a plus. I mean if your in a situation where your liver or kidney or any other vital organ is giving not because of age but a health problem, etc.; why not? It'd be no different from a kidney transplant or anything like that. It is simply giving an identical kidney of yours back. No backfires attached.
    yeah... but then you'd have this wierd zombie thing falling you around with it eyes hanging out and organs missing, and going "argh... aaa.... arrrrr..." ... and that's not cool... that's not cool at all...

... that's not cool at all...
    Last edited by Abu Dhabi; Mar 02, 2006 at 10:02 PM.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm both for and against.
    For -- Because it might be useful in some cases.
    Against -- Because it is against the laws of nature.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Spymonk]
    what are u gonna say to the clone when u have to remove his heart and give it some old lady just because she made a profound contribution to your cause.[QUOTE]

hmm the movie "The Island" comes into mind here lols. And no, they don't
    have to clone whole humans just to get a heart or another body part out of it.
    I think it's stem cell research and all they do is grow the heart, just the heart, no other human involved. I saw it on a show once, except i don't think it was a heart, a liver maybe?

I hate the fact tho that ppl can choose the colour of their childrens eyes etc. i can understand if they want to get rid of genetic diseases, but other than that why not let nature do it's thing?

Now on to cloning, well again like many of you have been saying if it's for medical reasons I think it's ok, but I don't think laws are moving quick enough for the discoveries been made, that's the scary part.

oh and on cloning what about bringin back extinct animals? ( not like "Jurassic Park" lolz) say the Dodo? I don't really have an opinion on that yet. undecided.

Otaku Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with the making of the organs. But it wouldn't be possible to produce a good army anyway - cloned organisms are known to be very unhealthy.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I think that if cloning is for a good cause yeah i totally i agree with that, but if it is for something bad i don't put my 2 cents in that. The most bizarre religious dudes and chicks are totally oppose to this because they say that it is against God, but there's nothing written in the bible that says that cloning is wrong.

Newbie preston drake may be famous one day preston drake may be famous one day preston drake's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chubz
    Er....cloning isn't like in the movies, where a clone steps out of a machine but lacks personality and has no self thought.....Cloning is just like making babies, except they use specific DNA to create the clone....it'll be a regular human, but just created in a test tube....it won't be a souless creature void of life....it just has the exact same DNA as you. That's all....

There is no possible way cloning could be used for medical reasons, such as cloning a person, then killing the clone and using its organs for organ transplant.....if that were legal, they'd just go out and kill hobos for organs...less costly...

What IS possible is stem cell research, where cells can be implanted into a patient to (hopefully) rebuild damaged areas, or cure diseases such as alzheimers.

There is no way you could order cloned parts to increase your life span, as clone cells grow at the exact same rate as human cells....all it is is implanted DNA, nothing special. You want a heart? Looks like you're gonna have to wait 20 years for it....but if you need a heart, you'll probably be dead by then.

So cloning is absolutely stupid, the only area that actually has medical possibilities is stem cell research, which yes, I do agree with.
    i have learned that clones will never be exact copies of the human or animeal cloned for the reason that they may grow in different environments or in a different era entirly.

A Returning Soul Twitchy may be famous one day Twitchy may be famous one day Twitchy's Avatar
    Thanks

for a millitary use I am for it but everything else I am against
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22388&dateline=123367  5260

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast