+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: are you for or against cloning?

Anti syndicate spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: are you for or against cloning?

we are doing this stem cell stuff in school which is kinda like a survey so I put
    Don't know. government should use It quit well.

"I let all that kind of blood away" Thanks Viper

Devoted Otaku Defend Your Castle Champion rock on may be famous one day rock on may be famous one day rock on's Avatar
    Thanks

we should do cloning. that we not the real person dosnt have to go to war and die or they could become explores into space

92% of teens moved to rap. I am one of the 8% rebelions

Otaku ScionofDestiny may be famous one day ScionofDestiny may be famous one day
    Thanks

Mankind fears things that are new and challenge on repetitive modern lives. As for myself, I'll say yes. I support cloning because of all the benefits it could bring mankind AND other species near extinction.

... People are afraid that clones will join evil armies or become murderers? Valid concern, but that happens with non-clones as well. I am one who believes that people are people irregardless of the way they are born. Besides, anyone who would want to make a clone army for that purpose isn't going to care about laws.

So I think we should allow stem-cell research and cloning of organs in regards to repairing lost tissue and organs. But what if we make a clone that is a human being?

My biggest concern would be if clones would have the same rights as us. I am a bit of humanist, meaning I am a bit of an optimist for humanity, so I would like to think we were open-minded enough to allow clones the full rights of human beings. It is genetically like being identical twins, and things like memory are transferred throug genetic cloning (at least as far as I know). Not usually anyway.

This said, I don't like the idea of cloning peope and then putting their clones on Say... an island. Then whenever a rich person gets hurt or sick they kill the clone and remove their organ that is needed. Mankind will have to hit rock bottom before I can even think of condoning that.

Newbie preston drake may be famous one day preston drake may be famous one day preston drake's Avatar
    Thanks

hello ao! im back! i have learned that in the future scientist may be able to clone and create just organs. they have cloned tadpoles that can live without heads. this means that they may be able to clone just certain organs needed. this would take less time to create than an entire human so the process would be overall better for man kind! this opens possibilities like not having to unethically killing a cloned human ( with rights equal to ours) to give transplants to the ones they were cloned from. this can answer questions i have seen throughout the thread. like: My biggest concern would be if clones would have the same rights as us(scionofDestiny) or things like: if the clones are used to kill for their parts(a quick and simple sum of replies like this)
    Last edited by preston drake; Mar 03, 2006 at 01:46 PM.

Newbie Dark-Shadow-Dancer may be famous one day Dark-Shadow-Dancer may be famous one day Dark-Shadow-Dancer's Avatar
    Thanks

look in the sky is it a bird, a plane, no its a...clone? OK this subject is a little touchy for people who think it is against god's will but then again im not religous...soooo yea anyway. The problem is that what exactly should we be cloning? Endagered speices yes, humans...no.
    let me soak up your idiocy like a spounge..tingly tingly tingly!
    I tried to keep an open mind but my brains kept falling out.....

this sig is thanks to bloodhawk, you rule man!
    92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig!!!!

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks

y cloning?it has both good n bad effects to our society.ppl lyk scientists should consider the consequences of cloning.therefore i m gainst cloning

Newbie Dark-Shadow-Dancer may be famous one day Dark-Shadow-Dancer may be famous one day Dark-Shadow-Dancer's Avatar
    Thanks

hmm good point, i see what you mean but then again it has some positive things about it too...
    let me soak up your idiocy like a spounge..tingly tingly tingly!
    I tried to keep an open mind but my brains kept falling out.....

this sig is thanks to bloodhawk, you rule man!
    92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig!!!!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Here's another thing to consider: if cloning was used for medical purposes such as instead of kidney tranplant a kidney cloning; how much will it cost? Will doctors charge more because it might be more effective and be guaranteed to be accepted by your body? Or less expensive because it is dangerous and mostly unsucessful? In this sense, cloning may be nothing more than another medical option for someone who needs to replace a vital organ.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast