+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are you crazy?

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Are you crazy?

Is Free Thinking A Mental Illness? | Off The Grid News

New mental illnesses identified by the DSM-IV include arrogance, narcissism, above-average creativity
    *quoted from the page linked above.

So, free thinking, arrogance, creativity.... Does that make you mentally ill?

Well the DSM-IV is what doctors everywhere are using to diagnose and treat people. And according to it, indeed, these personality traits qualify as mental illness. And can apparently be "treated".

There's another quote in there about how, if Mozart lived today as a child. He would be treated for A.D.D....

Kind of reminded me of this video (which is 20 minutes long but worth a watch if you have the time)
    YouTube - Sir Ken Robinson TED Speech

I've written post about our over medicated country on AO before. But... the standards for which they can shove drugs down your throat is becoming increasingly frightening! If you go into a psychiatric ward... They have "Occupational Therapy" (don't ask how I know). Thats where they encourage you to do art and stuff. Well... if being overly creative makes you nuts.. what are they gonna do in OT now? lol

I am not a doctor. I am not the government. I WANT YOU TO TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS! Even if it makes you CRAZY!
    ... Not Ever Again...

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Are you crazy?

I think that's really frigtning actually... Like seriously.
    I mean I can see the arrogance thing. But I think it is more like Narcisism to me really. But the creativity and free thinking? That's redic. I really don't like that at all.
    I have already been considered crazy though so it doesn't really change anything for me personally. Jus tthat the scope of what they are considering "crazy" is getting bigger and bigger and it's not cool.

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

Otaku Animal Keeper Champion, RefleX v1.2 Champion CBtay01 is off to a good start CBtay01's Avatar
    California.. when on Vacation under ur bed
    Thanks

I seriously think thats insane . and I agree. I know people who just because they think differently they are given certain things and diagnosed with different "conditions" in a lot of the cases it just seems as if they are just zombies afterward

Newbie Robyne is off to a good start
    Thanks

wow...then i am seriously way ahead of the insanity line.me and my frnd, Bree together.
    the thing is we imagine planets to come crashing down, universes to pop outta no where, for gravity to loose control and for heroes to invade the earth and take over it. and the enemies? total annihilation. Think im crazy yet? get this.
    More than 2% of the ppl i meet tell me im crazy and if those ppl meet Bree, they become crazy too. i live in a warp that you cant escape, that you cant get away from. As a result, we talk to ourselves, create characters that never existed and believe in a past that never happened.
    Think i'm crazy yet?

Newbie Nocturne is off to a good start Nocturne's Avatar
    Hidin' in your windows, snatchn' your people up.
    Thanks

WOW. D: I tottally go on a 90's flashback with the title of that thread.
    Don't Hit Me- I'm Crazy Grats on that one. >.>

Anyway, are they honestly pulling that move? I thought that type of thinking was stopped many years ago. Humans need to have free thinking, that's what makes us a human being. If not, might as well be robots or something of the sort.

Orochimaru Fangirl ♥ | MMO Junkie

Newbie Robyne is off to a good start
    Thanks

ugh... i still haven't gotten the hang of this site. it took me an hour to find this page again.
    Actually, i don't think there's anything wrong in being a bit different than the others. People call you weird first, mad then crazy. Unfortunately, i hit rock bottom in my first try.
    Anyway, the post submitted by Peach_yellows actually spiked up a lot of my friends interests. so much that there is a debate whenever this topic comes up.
    One of my more practical minded friends said that people who have free thinking, arrogance, creativity are those that can accomplish the most because they believe that they can break down the walls of limitations and go beyond it. For eg: how was the first plane invented? was it out of necessity? ofcourse not. Someone just looked at the birds and thought, " oh i'd love to fly like that" but it was those kind of people who stepped forward and made a dream into reality.
    so i really don't think free thinking is a mental illness.
    @ Peach_fellows interesting topic though. i hope you post many more htreads like this.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Man, you may as well color me crazy!

I'm a free thinker, creative, kind of arrogant, sort of a narcissist (thanks A.A. for pointing that out) and just not an "average" person. I think that calling someone who is a free thinker or creative crazy is some bull. Though, I'm guilty of doing it sometimes but it's circumstantial. Hell, I call myself crazy sometimes but I don't really think I am. I'm eccentric.

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

a woman was diagnosed as mentally ill until she went to the clinic and a doctor needed a nurse but none to be found. She was there, so the doctor instructed her to take care of patients going in and out of the hospital. So the woman found her calling and became a nurse. People are only insane when they don't have meaningful work or a part in society. Once someone finds meaningful work their lives become sane. Meaningful work puts ones mind out of idleness into useful action taking the place of mental aberration.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast