Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Your clothes, your choice.

Newbie XXkenshinXX is off to a good start XXkenshinXX's Avatar
    Thanks

Your clothes, your choice.

Do you think it's right for parents to act down toward their children for what they wear? my parents often times look at me and talk to me with scorn or don't let their freinds meet me because of my clothes, and I see this as very wrong, what do you think?

When it's all over, will you make me your's?

Newbie dantay6 may be famous one day dantay6 may be famous one day dantay6's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Your clothes, your choice.

why dont they like your clothes though??
    they shouldnt dislike your style espically wanting to hide you...

Otaku Cresent Knight is off to a good start
    Thanks

yo sorrry to just drop in like this but i do agree why do partent look at you different just because are clothes.why do they treat you different and believe you are terrible just because your clothes.
    I've lost everything I once held dear to me all i have felt is hope and with it I''ll push myself forward and follow the even ending stream of life.....

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

well, parents are people too. they have a right to their opinion, just like you have a right to not like what they wear.

your parents don't have to like what you wear, and if they really had a problem with it they wouldn't buy you those clothes to begin with.

so just tell them when they look at you like that, it hurts your feelings. this is how you express yourself. and if they're nice, they'll at least pretend to understand. if they don't, then tough luck kid. move out when you're 18.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

I remember my older sister telling me I couldn't come into the McDonalds with her when I was 15. I had on my favorite pair of Reeboks. One painted red, the other blue. I claimed that the blue was heaven, the Red was hell, and I was God.

I used to cut my hair real short and dye it bold colors like, green , blue, and fire engine red.

I would cut up my chothes, and draw on them.

And frankly I didnt care if my parents disapproved. In fact, their dissaproval made my "alternative" phase that much more appealing.

As a parent, I figure my kids are going to get to that age where they want to show more of who they are on their exterior. Y'know, make some sort of statement. I'd like to think I can keep an open mind. I may make SOME boundries, as long as I am responsible for them. But I would never act embarrassed of them just because of how they dress. I almost look foward to see what they come up with, They will probably be trend setters.
    ... Not Ever Again...

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    I remember my older sister telling me I couldn't come into the McDonalds with her when I was 15. I had on my favorite pair of Reeboks. One painted red, the other blue. I claimed that the blue was heaven, the Red was hell, and I was God.

I used to cut my hair real short and dye it bold colors like, green , blue, and fire engine red.

I would cut up my chothes, and draw on them.

ah, ain't that what big sisters are for?

@ XXkenshinXX: no, but seriously, your parents were born in a different era, raised in a different era, even had you in a different era... you're gonna have to give them time to accept the fact that their baby wants to dress "weird" or "freaky".

Otaku Animal Keeper Champion, RefleX v1.2 Champion CBtay01 is off to a good start CBtay01's Avatar
    California.. when on Vacation under ur bed
    Thanks

you should have the right to dress how you want as long as it doesnt offend the easy (or hardly) offended. I tend to dress how ever i feel like that day so i will come to school in however i see fit and my parents cant stop my style wether they like it or not!

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XXkenshinXX View Post
    Do you think it's right for parents to act down toward their children for what they wear? my parents often times look at me and talk to me with scorn or don't let their freinds meet me because of my clothes, and I see this as very wrong, what do you think?
    hellz yeah...your parents are the ones who made you. so they have the right and the authority over you. but that doesn't mean they're right all the time, and you should certainly agree with them in this situation. how hard can that be? it's just simple request. your parents doesn't ask or even tell you to do anything all of the time. besides, it's for your own good. they do these to let people see that you are a respectable person, especially towards them. not to mention, you are expressing a great gratitude to them also.

tsk...tsk...kids today.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast