Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Your clothes, your choice.

Newbie runt32a is off to a good start runt32a's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: Your clothes, your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by XXkenshinXX View Post
    Do you think it's right for parents to act down toward their children for what they wear? my parents often times look at me and talk to me with scorn or don't let their freinds meet me because of my clothes, and I see this as very wrong, what do you think?
    yes that is wrong your clothes is your choice it shows who you are your style and your mood if not other things as well that makes you who you are i agree that it is wrong and i do not see how they can control that and why they should do that to you it is wrong they should be proud of you no matter what you do or wear because you are their child, and it only kills the children inside when their parents do that to them which leads to worest things
    "the past is full of crap from then, the present is full of shit from now and the future is full of nothing at all"

Newbie King of Carnies is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Your clothes, your choice.

Personally, I believe that parents have every right to try and change the way you dress. I feel that parents should make rules on what their children can and cannot wear, and I think children should respect those rules and their parents wishes. You're basically mooching off them for as long as you live with them, and they're only required by law to provide you with the very basic necessities; you should be very grateful for anything extra that they give you.

However, I do not think that parents should hide their children from their friends. If they allow you to dress a certain way (and if you dress that way they're allowing it), then they should be willing to let those they know see you.

Newbie ayajade28 is off to a good start ayajade28's Avatar
    Thanks

Arrow Re: Your clothes, your choice.

if i was in your situation, i would probably cry out loud..whaha !! that surely hurts, doesn't it?? huhu...specially, having parents who's ashamed b'cause of their own child..

by the way, my parents and yours are exactly the same about disliking our own style..BUT, they don't feel ashamed to their friends seeing me..they're not that mean,after all.. the diff. thing between the two of us is that i follow them..my style is really like, wearing jeans, converse shoes, jackets/sweaters...thats my fashion.!! but, instead of wearing those clothes i like..I FOLLOW MY PARENTS ORDERS..for me to wear doll-like clothes..like flats,pink dress,long skirts,blouses, doll-shoes, AND THOSE ARE EXTREMELY GROSS AND ANNOYING TO WEAR..but i can't do anything about that,im still 13 so i have to follow them..im kindda used to it though..

HIHI ..someday,when i'll turn 18..i'll definitly wear the clothes i wanna wear..
    With earphones in my ears
    I read comic books under the covers.
    I may still be in an ivory tower,
    but I really want to grow up.

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rematche View Post
    hellz yeah...your parents are the ones who made you. so they have the right and the authority over you.
    So that basically means that they can decide your whole life because they 'made' you?
    I think parents should see their children as what they are: As independently thinking individuals.
    I don't think that parents should restrict their children to wear the clothes they want to wear. They should be allowed to decide some things on their own. In the end, it's the life of them and not the life of the parents. Parents should support you on your way through life, not predetermine it.
    Of course you should be grateful for what your parents are doing for you. But that doesn't mean that you have to do everything what they want. As I said, it's your life, not the one of your parents'.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Thanks

yea thats understand abile my parents dont have a probably or that much of a probably iwht my style as long as i dont be dressin n all that shit like some trap and my style is dark jeans and a black or dark colored shirt and my black light jacket and tenashoes and when its not at school its that or dark or light jeans and all kinds of colors among shirts i dont care for bright i wear more like my long horn shirt and my tenashoes as long as i fallow school rules and dont be dressin like a trap then my parents dont really seem to care they do want me to wear something dressy to church or something big like a chrimas when we go to the families place for it or something like that
    "the past is full of crap from then, the present is full of shit from now and the future is full of nothing at all"

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lapislazuli View Post
    So that basically means that they can decide your whole life because they 'made' you?
    I think parents should see their children as what they are: As independently thinking individuals.
    I don't think that parents should restrict their children to wear the clothes they want to wear. They should be allowed to decide some things on their own. In the end, it's the life of them and not the life of the parents. Parents should support you on your way through life, not predetermine it.
    Of course you should be grateful for what your parents are doing for you. But that doesn't mean that you have to do everything what they want. As I said, it's your life, not the one of your parents'.
    you are looking down on your parents, as if they have never experience being as a teenager. you need to further understand the topic in it's simplistic statement. it's just a clothes, and the parents wants their kid to ware something respectable sometimes not always. is that really hard to do? even for once? first impression always lasts and it determines always the image you present yourself to the world, and that's very vital especially to the parents. sometimes you need to the see point of view of others.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

When I was a kid, I didn't have any money and my mom picked out and bought all my clothes. Which I think she gave me a complex, now that I am totally free to do anything and I have lots of credit cards. I buy the most expensive clothes! Ones for work, some for the nights out on the town, and really just any imaginable occasion. I have spent a lot on my wardrobe!

So in turn, I don't think its right for your parents to judge you on the way you like to dress. However they are your parents so they will judge you no matter what you wear. You wear turtle necks, they will think you are a prude with no life. Wear a mini plaid skirt with fishnet stockings, and well I don't have to tell anyone what they would be thinking then.

I think its important to wear whatever makes you feel like a million bucks. No matter what anyones opinion is about it, even yours parents. Because most parents don't listen, it would be way to hard to try to change their opinions.

Thanks

yea wut you wear states part on who you are so you should wear what you want to show who you are and not be faking it with what others want you to wear and be you are who you are

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast