Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Your clothes, your choice.

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Your clothes, your choice.

why? Do you dress trashy or sleazy? If so get a makeover.

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rematche
    you are looking down on your parents, as if they have never experience being as a teenager. you need to further understand the topic in it's simplistic statement. it's just a clothes, and the parents wants their kid to ware something respectable sometimes not always. is that really hard to do? even for once? first impression always lasts and it determines always the image you present yourself to the world, and that's very vital especially to the parents. sometimes you need to the see point of view of others.
    I'm aware of the fact that my parents were teenagers once too. Then again don't forget, those were completely different times than we have nowadays. Being a teenager 30 years ago was different from being a teenager today. Many things have changed, not just the teenager's attitudes or general clothing style.
    So the parents don't have much ideas on how it is to be a teenager today. How should they? Time's totally different, as I already said.

And I agree with you - doing your parents something good and wear those clothes of them sometimes, let's say on special occassions (to get some traineeships or whatever) won't hurt. Especially since they have more experience in everyday's life and job.
    So it's not like I'm saying that all teenagers have to deliberately wear clothes which the parents do not like them to wear.
    However, it's not like teenagers are the only ones to see the point of the parents. Parents should be able to see the point of those teenagers too. And if they therefore would like to wear different clothes then parents could try to understand that as well, I believe.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lapislazuli View Post
    I'm aware of the fact that my parents were teenagers once too. Then again don't forget, those were completely different times than we have nowadays. Being a teenager 30 years ago was different from being a teenager today. Many things have changed, not just the teenager's attitudes or general clothing style.
    So the parents don't have much ideas on how it is to be a teenager today. How should they? Time's totally different, as I already said.

And I agree with you - doing your parents something good and wear those clothes of them sometimes, let's say on special occassions (to get some traineeships or whatever) won't hurt. Especially since they have more experience in everyday's life and job.
    So it's not like I'm saying that all teenagers have to deliberately wear clothes which the parents do not like them to wear.
    However, it's not like teenagers are the only ones to see the point of the parents. Parents should be able to see the point of those teenagers too. And if they therefore would like to wear different clothes then parents could try to understand that as well, I believe.
    actually they do...the just don't let you know that since it will ruin a child's learning process. you might often think that they don't know but they do. though time has changed but still, it's the same old routine. they know what possible actions you might do but they want to see which you'll choose so that they can understand you and plan more things for your future development.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

why should parent not let you wear you want, but I do believe there is a line in the ground on what is acceptable for what children wear. I would allow my children wear what they feel right but not allow my daughter to dress like a slut in public. That where i draw the line in what is acceptable and what not. That if I had childrens.
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Otaku Simon Champion, Shanghi 2 Champion AstralMage01 is off to a good start AstralMage01's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh well .. I personally don't mind my parents comment on how I wear; Actually I always welcome criticism & opinions & I don't let negative comments wear me down; I guess it's always good to listen to advices

Newbie XXkenshinXX is off to a good start XXkenshinXX's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rematche View Post
    you are looking down on your parents, as if they have never experience being as a teenager. you need to further understand the topic in it's simplistic statement. it's just a clothes, and the parents wants their kid to ware something respectable sometimes not always. is that really hard to do? even for once? first impression always lasts and it determines always the image you present yourself to the world, and that's very vital especially to the parents. sometimes you need to the see point of view of others.
    Ok, it's fine for them to want you to wear clothes that are decent sometimes, but when they constantly nag because of clothes that you wear it begins to become a problem. I buy my own clothes and they still complain about my style (Tripps and band shirts). I break down and wear a button down and some jeans occasionaly, but thats not me and they should'nt try to change how I am, don't you think so?

When it's all over, will you make me your's?

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

i think it depends, parents should have a boundry for what their kids can wear, but if its in the interest of thier children. They should be able to express themselves to a degree and not have a parent breathing down their neck. Kids do represent how their parents are, and who they are from looking at kids. people judge alot from one look at someone, and wonder why their parents let them dress or behave a certain way. So it can be understandable, but hiding your kids away from your friends just says something more about the parents than the kids. In some cases i understand especailly with alot of the styles that are in today, and fighting that breaks out among families because of it. Trip pants are not that bad compared to alot of guys wearing girls jeans, or hanging your pants down to your knees.

So its best to let your parents know that you dont like the way theyre treating you about your clothing. asking them to give alittle, and youll give alittle back. Parents were teeangers once, so they should know what your going through in a way. I dont know your parents but if anything they were just like most teens pushing outside of what their parents thought was appropiate at the time, and wearing what they wanted as well.

..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

Otaku xxoxx is off to a good start xxoxx's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XXkenshinXX View Post
    Do you think it's right for parents to act down toward their children for what they wear? my parents often times look at me and talk to me with scorn or don't let their freinds meet me because of my clothes, and I see this as very wrong, what do you think?

You can say no. I mean the parents have the right to say their opinion and they always look for the best to them and not that only also, control their children too if they are get out the right road, specially the clothes because sometimes children go with the wrong type of clothes and they look like clowns or just like ***** Girls or boys so …thought, some clothes style or just the type it doesn’t fit them by the age or the size …

Foolish beating

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast