Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Opinions on the MOD staff here?

Otaku Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs down Your Opinions on the MOD staff here?

Let me start with that 2 years ago when I first started to post and believe this was my home I was extremely pleased with the MOD staff and I wanted to be a MOD on AO one day, but due to my life and the issues I had around the time I had to leave my beautiful and comfortable home here at AO and start trying to work on my real life.

That brings us to the present where I have just finally found my way home to AO and I was starting to feel back into the groove of things. Now I don't know about anyone else here but I feel like there has been some miss judgment in MOD choices here.

Just about 6 hours ago I had posted in the Cyber Lounge with the my threads title being "Its Snowing." Not the greatest title but it gets the point across to those people that want to hear or talk about the snow, since it was that time of the season. I was told by a MOD that he was closing my thread do to lack of intellectual conversations in my thread. Right after that another MOD posts in my thread saying that he was also closing my thread because it was an ignorant thread about snow. I just want to say how the Cyber Lounge is and I quote from the AO FORUMS, "A plush room to relax and chat with everyone." (I just want to ask if that sounds like I can chat about the snow and the winter weather with people and not be judged? Do you think I should be judged and titled as stupid?) I decide to log off due to my disgust of the MOD staff here for their harsh judgment. Now this is where it gets weird. 4 hours later I get back on to find out that someone on the MOD staff obviously has reopened my thread. What is the problem that the MODs can't make up their mind?

Now no MOD actually flat-out said that I was stupid or that I had made a ignorant thread, but the words they used and the way they said, "I was involved in a thread that was not AO's ideal idea of conversation," gave me the impression that they were saying that I either did not belong or that I was to small-minded to be part of AO.

I feel very confused and I am hurt to have had to go threw this. I am not mad at AO or at all the MOD staff but, I think they need to watch more closely who they give the MOD title to. I was wondering if I could have some user feed-back about this. What do you guys think about what happened to me? Have you ever had anything similar happen to you at AO? What are you thoughts about the MOD staff?
    Last edited by Marcel_C; Jan 19, 2008 at 10:51 PM.

What I'm watching Right Now:

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Your Opinions on the MOD staff here?

There is nothing to discuss about the decisions made by the staff, either to close threads or to open them. Unlike what you have posted all staff have been selected for their superb capabilities and THEY have been closely selected.

Now, staff position aside I am one of the few that actually have been here long enought (far more than 99% of the current members) to really compare the previous year's staff and this is one of the best balanced and fair minded rotation in AO's history.

Any staff issues should be directed to one of the admins.
    Last edited by Dragon Ball; Jan 20, 2008 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Thread re-opened so removed your "Closing" comment. Thanks.

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

I opened your thread "It's Snowing" was re-opened. We do encourage members to post light-hearted threads to relax and chill out with other members. As long as a nice flow of conversation evolves.

You do not need to post serious threads, and apologies the thread was closed.

It's not a matter of mods not being able to make up their minds. Different mods will have different opinions. It's far better to take action early such as temp closing your thread pending mod discussion in the staff forum rather than having things go out of control and discuss the issue whilst the thread is open. Do you agree?

Kick off the shoes, grab a hot drink and see you around.

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

Well Some thread starter is going blame me for what some mod did.?
    Now what

Otaku Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Manga artist View Post
    Well Some thread starter is going blame me for what some mod did.?
    Now what
    Wait what are you saying? Try to make it more clear

What I'm watching Right Now:

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

That I'm going get blamed for messing up some one's thread when I did not do at all,
    Some mod put my thread about the clover feild monster in some clloverfeild (aftermovie ) thread I read it where it was moved and look like I started another subject, Oh I'm going get blamed for this.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

What's with all this recent b****ing of the AO Staff? The staff (including myself, the newly appointed Gallery Mod) tries their best to ensure that quality of AO threads and posts stay up at a certain level of quality. We cant have completely meaning-less threads (some can slip into the Cyber Lounge) nor can we have multiple threads on the same topic, thats why they get merged, deleted, moved, so on. DEAL WITH IT, its your own fault for not using the "Search" function to see if theres is already an existing thread on the topic. To add theres the low quality posts kill threads that started out with a heated, intellectual discussion. The same principle applies to the Gallery. We need to maintain high quality, appropriate pics in our gallery.

I'm still new so I'm not in a real place to talk but...I'm trying. ^^;
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Thanks

[Balways read a reply before locking and moving , not all relpies look the same.[/B]

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast