Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Opinions on the MOD staff here?

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Re: Your Opinions on the MOD staff here?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel_C View Post
    Let me start with that 2 years ago when I first started to post and believe this was my home I was extremely pleased with the MOD staff and I wanted to be a MOD on AO one day, but due to my life and the issues I had around the time I had to leave my beautiful and comfortable home here at AO and start trying to work on my real life.

That brings us to the present where I have just finally found my way home to AO and I was starting to feel back into the groove of things. Now I don't know about anyone else here but I feel like there has been some miss judgment in MOD choices here.

Just about 6 hours ago I had posted in the Cyber Lounge with the my threads title being "Its Snowing." Not the greatest title but it gets the point across to those people that want to hear or talk about the snow, since it was that time of the season. I was told by a MOD that he was closing my thread do to lack of intellectual conversations in my thread. Right after that another MOD posts in my thread saying that he was also closing my thread because it was an ignorant thread about snow. I just want to say how the Cyber Lounge is and I quote from the AO FORUMS, "A plush room to relax and chat with everyone." (I just want to ask if that sounds like I can chat about the snow and the winter weather with people and not be judged? Do you think I should be judged and titled as stupid?) I decide to log off due to my disgust of the MOD staff here for their harsh judgment. Now this is where it gets weird. 4 hours later I get back on to find out that someone on the MOD staff obviously has reopened my thread. What is the problem that the MODs can't make up their mind?

Now no MOD actually flat-out said that I was stupid or that I had made a ignorant thread, but the words they used and the way they said, "I was involved in a thread that was not AO's ideal idea of conversation," gave me the impression that they were saying that I either did not belong or that I was to small-minded to be part of AO.

I feel very confused and I am hurt to have had to go threw this. I am not mad at AO or at all the MOD staff but, I think they need to watch more closely who they give the MOD title to. I was wondering if I could have some user feed-back about this. What do you guys think about what happened to me? Have you ever had anything similar happen to you at AO? What are you thoughts about the MOD staff?
    Please may I just say that I am female, its a little disconcerting that you call me a "he".

my reason for closing as I recall was because it had low quality posts. There are more than two replies within said thread where there is only one line that is probably only just over 50 characters. To me personally, qualifies as low post because there isn't enough information within the post to really keep a good discussion going. I am sorry if you felt like I was belittling you, but this is not the case. I do apologize for the confusion.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

Mistakes and confission can be forgiving
    I just want to know why was thread moved to some one else's thread?
    now that thread starter is going be mad at me.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Manga artist View Post
    Mistakes and confission can be forgiving
    I just want to know why was thread moved to some one else's thread?
    now that thread starter is going be mad at me.
    I am assuming you are talking about the Cloverfield movie thread?? It was me who report the post. The reason why it was "moved" or "merged" is to avoid clutter and the fact that there is already a thread on the same topic. In my opinion, it would be unfair to other topics when there are three threads on the same topic. I hope you understand what i'm saying.

EDIT: I also don't understand why the thread starter would be mad at you.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

When I was a newbie here.....I actually had no idea that there were so many rules to follow....and it seemed sort of unjust to me.....
    But once I settled in....I found out that half the time it was my fault that I was getting all of these infractions and warnings.......because I did not feel like reading the rules.....
    I think the Mods may seem strict to other people here.....but it is their freaking job........so I will not blame anything on them......and I am NOT being a suck-up to them...
    Believe me.....if I thought that the Mods here were really screwed up....I would have left a long time ago......
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok ...You can tell that person who started that thread Cloverfeild after the movie that it was not my idea ok.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Manga artist View Post
    Ok ...You can tell that person who started that thread Cloverfeild after the movie that it was not my idea ok.
    No problem man. If any harasses you, you can just report it to the staff, or tell him to harass me.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Thanks

That's ok by me
    I remenber making a Bush thread and lot replies came from it
    than admitstration complained , that person must a republicain

Otaku aeonking is off to a good start
    Thanks

Hey I don't understand why people have to complain about the staff of AO. If the staff didn't do what they do then AO probally wouldn't be where it is today. I don't always agree with the staff and some of them may seem like they are a complete ass but once you get to know them they can be great to get along with.

The point i'm trying to get accross here is that the AO staff are great and AO is great. So if you have a problem with the staff doing what they do then I don't think you should be here.

This is just my opinion though, I guess you can think what you wanna think really.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast