+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Youth today

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Youth today

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    See thats what wrong with the youth today. You should show respect to you elders no matter what, not just when you think they deserve it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    indeed. even if someones a jerk, you should respect them. im not saying as moch as you would other people, but all the same, they are older.
    prehaps this is just me or the 'typical sterotype' of the youth today, but, I grew up that everyone is equally and as I got to the age of maybe 16-17 - I respected those who respected me. I don't care for age - As I said, I grew up where everyone was equally regardless of age, gender or race.

I was told by an elderly teacher that I wasn't going to be anything great in life or even make it to uni simply because my marks weren't as good as some other girls in my class - why should I have respect for some one who doesn't respect my feelings?

Not to say that I would go out and abuse all the people that don't respect me (like I know some youths would particularly younger ones). But again, I think it comes down to the 'every one equal thing'

a bit of change of topic - but on regards to youths with no values or morals, we have to remember that they do eventually 'grow up' and mature a bit. It takes some longer than others ( if some ever do XD), but they eventualy do it and change.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    indeed. even if someones a jerk, you should respect them. im not saying as moch as you would other people, but all the same, they are older.
    You don't have to like someone to respect them. I don't like my dad--never have, even before I met him--but I respect him. I don't like half the people I've dealt with in my teenage years, but I'll respect them.

Karma is a bitch: "The energy you put forth is the energy you recieve." You show someone disrespect, you'll get it back three times harder!

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

well im not a teen anymore but yes its truth, nowdays all teen ppl that i know have serious probs with drugs and the rest but i dont blame them, if they are doing all that stuffes its for a reason, coz i did the samethings when i was teen and it did happens coz no one show me the right way to not to do it I had to figure out myself...thats life...

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

There are still some youth out there who are respectful and clean. I teach a class and all . . . well, most . . . of my students are great. They call me by my title and not just "Hey, you with the face!" They know when to stop talking . . . These are kids ages 7-16; they learned well. They did not necessarily come from etiquette training (like I did), but if the authority figure (me) is firm enough in the beginning, children soon know how to behave.

Stray Sheep Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree. The media is partly to be blamed. It has taught us to think differently.
    I remember that the word "Gay" used to imply "Happy or jovial"... That was before... Now..
    Everyone jumps to the idea of homosexual. <T_T>

Anyway, the youths of today are really disrespectful and pathetic. I don't expect them to be old fashion but at least --- have proper manners.

There are still some youth out there who are respectful and clean. I teach a class and all . . . well, most . . . of my students are great. They call me by my title and not just "Hey, you with the face!" They know when to stop talking . . . These are kids ages 7-16; they learned well. They did not necessarily come from etiquette training (like I did), but if the authority figure (me) is firm enough in the beginning, children soon know how to behave.
    Dear Divine,
    Please save those children~! \<^x^>/ (Laughs)

a bit of change of topic - but on regards to youths with no values or morals, we have to remember that they do eventually 'grow up' and mature a bit. It takes some longer than others ( if some ever do XD), but they eventualy do it and change.
    That's a good point, Gwenibe. <^v^>/
    [CENTER]+ Sheep Blogs at PaperDiaries +

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aya-kun View Post
    Dear Divine,
    Please save those children~! \<^x^>/ (Laughs)
    Have no fear, divine is here! Saving children and reclaiming lost youths are what I do best.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    Have no fear, divine is here! Saving children and reclaiming lost youths are what I do best.
    Oh, man! Do I feel sorry for those youths!j/k

I haveta agree wit _gwenibe_ 'bout children growin' up and maturin'. We haveta remember, children r some of the cruelest beings in the world; 'cause of their immaturity. It's not necessarily all of the parents' or the media's fault, I'm not sayin' that they don' have their share of the blame though, but children r very immature and even if they're taught morals and values; it doesn' mean that they will apply them. Children grow inta their morals, like they grow inta their clothes. Time, patience, and reapplication of these morals r the keys ta children learnin' these morals. Again, I'm not sayin' that parents and the media don' have their share of the blame, I'm jus' sayin' that it isn' always their fault. A prime example would b my brother, my parents tried ta raise him right, but he always fancied himself a rebel. Evrythin' that my parents tried ta teach him, he did the exact opposite. Yet that person is so much different from the man that I know now. He's a responsible father and a hard-workin' family man. He's grown inta that role, it jus' took time. Maybe he the acception rather than the rule, but I don' think so. He isn' the first one that I've witnessed such a transformation amongst and I don' think that he'll b the last. We haveta realise that these r kids and that sometimes it takes time for them ta grow inta their roles and morals. And that some of the kids r this way 'cause they lead troubled lives.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessInZero View Post
    Is it just me or does the majority of the teen population and such seem to lack morales, values, and/or respect? It seems to me that all they care about is doing drugs, having sex, and getting away with it. Maybe I am just being ridiculous, or maybe not. What do you all think?
    Teens?

I saw the title of the thread and I swear I thought it was going to be about children. Because man have those little buggers gotten out of control since, ohh I dunno - Y2K?

I mean, honestly.
    Remember the good 'ol days when in kindergarten we used to diss each other by saying, "naaanaaanaabooboo.. youu can't catch me!"?

Well guess what.

Kindergarteners are dissing each other now by saying, "you Mother F****! Imma F**** kill you, you Mother F****** ***** stupid *ss b*tch! !"

wow.
    And the sad thing is.
    I'm not making that up.

It's so sad. I mean, it really is. And no one is doing anything about it. Of course I am, but I'm just one person. I have no say in anything. I'm but a dust in the wind. And no one is taking the blame for it. In school, if a student cusses out a substitute, and the substitute takes the situation to the principle.. what does the principle say?

"Oh well that student is like that."

??!

Excuse me?

Is that all you can say?
    I mean, honestly. "he's just like that.. soo.. let me go suck my thumb."
    Nononono.

People, we can't just sit around and let these children grow up like this.

And then we wonder why there're so many school shootings and so much crime amongst teens/kids.

MAYBE it's because they're screwed up in the head and don't have anyone to show them what discipline is.
    That's the problem.

No one disciplines their children anymore.

Parents.
    If you're out there and you're reading this.

Please.
    For the sake of humanitie's future.

Please, hit your children.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast