+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Youtube New Tech/Prob. Fixer

Newbie Sirhc may be famous one day Sirhc may be famous one day Sirhc's Avatar
    Thanks

Youtube New Tech/Prob. Fixer

Okay, so Google's (Youtubed owned by Google in case you havn't noticed) said that they're working on some new 'uber technology' that will prevent copyrighted material from being posted on it's famous video sharing site, Youtube.

Link:TimesOnline.co.uk
    Read:
     click to show spoiler

Anyways...
    What do you think this new technology will be/What would you do?
    Do you think it'll work?
    Do you even agree to what they're doing?

I think it might be a title scanner that will pick up weither its a reconized name and if it's a episode part. Maybe even pick it scans the movie for reconizable frames that are part of the actual Copyrighted episode/movie. Though they may also have a scanner that detects the file ID3 tags (I think thats what they're called) or it's movie ID.
    Anyways, I don't think It'll work. I'm sure it might bog down a few at the start, but eventually I'm sure someone will find a major flaw and people will get around it again.
    Though I personnaly don't even watch TV all that much anymore, since there's so much online to find, and anyways, Youtube isn't the only place out there. I still think that we should be watching it properly though I doubt that'll end anytime soon. Though I think that the publishers should let out the recentest episode like on CBC.ca and maybe the first show in the series to any of the older show off the air to get the interest of the public to the older shows. Even the newer ones too.

Naruto Shippuden >> 51 | Gundam 00 >> 24 | FMA >> Ch. 81

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Youtube New Tech/Prob. Fixer

The thing is that people will either circumvent it, or go to another site to post their copyrighted material.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Youtube New Tech/Prob. Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Sirhc View Post
    Okay, so Google's (Youtubed owned by Google in case you havn't noticed) said that they're working on some new 'uber technology' that will prevent copyrighted material from being posted on it's famous video sharing site, Youtube.

Link:TimesOnline.co.uk
    Read:
     click to show spoiler

Anyways...
    What do you think this new technology will be/What would you do?
    Do you think it'll work?
    Do you even agree to what they're doing?
    All I know is that my mum has had a hard time with her PC recently. It seems to foul up every time my sister goes on YouTube. Mum thinks there's something amiss in that site - something is letting viruses out - and it might be due to these new changes . . . There are bound to be a few bugs in the system to start with.

+ Reply to Thread