Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Thread: Challenge to the AO Fans has been accepted.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Challenge to the AO Fans has been accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore View Post
    Agreed. I'd like to hear the details of our loss. If your going to brag, do it good!
    Well, I'm not going to brag, because it's nothing to be that proud about. But to not leave you guys in the shadow, here is how our challenge went:

Originally, Skillzpay and I were going to take two weeks of the National Football League games and pick from them. Unfortunately, we were limited to one week due to Thanksgiving obligations. Thus, we were left with one week (WEEK 13) of NFL games.

Out of all the games, we mutually agreed to eliminate certain games from the pool of games which we can pick from, because some matchups between teams are obviously unfair (regardless of the "any given sunday" saying). After the elimination, the two of us simply take turns picking the team we believe would win in each of the games. The only exception is that we cannot choose games that either of us have already chosen.

In case of a tie, which did happen, the tiebreaker was a Fantasy Football League game that we participated in. Coincidentally, I was matched up head-to-head against Skillzpay this week, so that was the tiebreak.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay's Avatar
    Location Location: Location Location: Error!
    Thanks

Yeah that's pretty much how it went down. I picked a few underdogs I shouldn't have but luckily it still ended up a tie with the picks. Had I not taken any chances we'd be sitting on a 1-0 lead already.

Picks were (W=team chosen to win actually won, L=team chosen to win actually lost)

Me: Falcons over Redskins (W), Jets over Packers (W), Dolphins over Jaguars (L), 49ers over Saints (L)

Pyoro: Broncos over Seahawks (L), Raiders over Texans (L), Cowboys over Giants (W), Steelers over Buccaneers (W)

Tiebreaker: Pyoro won in fantasy football 95 to 73.75

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Sigh. How could you pick the 49ers over the Saints? No dinner for you for 2 weeks!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

We all get crazy sometimes, heck, I picked the raiders.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay's Avatar
    Location Location: Location Location: Error!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145 View Post
    Sigh. How could you pick the 49ers over the Saints? No dinner for you for 2 weeks!
    I decided to have fun with it. This wasn't THAT serious.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7