Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Days of our Early Years-

Newbie Cyberboy may be famous one day Cyberboy may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Days of our Early Years-

oh yeah.. i remember that.. i think it was trunks who told me about it..

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Heh, no Ledin and Ilpalazzo really died. This is the reason why we have a member called D.F.Ledin (don't forget Ledin) on this board.
    Oh wow. I definitely didn't know those two folks, but I definitely remember their name clearly for some reason. Especially the name Ilpalazzo.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro View Post
    Oh wow. I definitely didn't know those two folks, but I definitely remember their name clearly for some reason. Especially the name Ilpalazzo.
    That doesn't surprise me.
    Excel Saga IS a popular anime afterall...

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    That doesn't surprise me.
    Excel Saga IS a popular anime afterall...
    I never saw the anime so I wouldn't know it's from there. I should have made it clearer, and what I meant was I remember the name from the forum days.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

I remember back when I joined in 2003 I also broke one of the rules and Tsurara was all over me like white on Rice. this girl was watching me like a hawk. I was also here for the wallpapers. posted in the GFX section every now and then. Thing I likeda bout AO back then even if the members were rude to eachother was the fact that some were actualy nice, Gig, Ewdi, Len, and a few others in the staff didn't feel like they wer better then you not to talk to you but liked to converse. I didn't talk to len much back then hardly do now lol Gig and ewdi were the 2 I chatted with about board errors and other site issues that needed to be fixed.

Then the community member rule set in. oh boy! Altho by that time I was a community member and posting like mad. I started in the gallery after getting community member downloading wallpapers. I still have alot of the walls I downloaded back then. I would put them up on the site but wouldn't have artist permission to do so.

Members come and gone. over the years it was up then the site gose down for months. made me mad to know that the site had to start over from scrtch. Altho AnimeTalk.org was made with Ewdi and Gig but that site also went down about the same time AO came back.

I have been keeping up with alot of the old members Ewdi now owns AnimeLayer.com Gig we hardly see on the board but he still has Everything Anime up and going.

I mean its sad to see the site go from something like it was to something it is now.

and we all have SPdude to thank for the current site this has become. If I had any owner control over the site I would of done deleted all the 0 posters and got the site down to where its sope to be.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistra View Post
    I remember back when I joined in 2003 I also broke one of the rules and Tsurara was all over me like white on Rice. this girl was watching me like a hawk.
    You too, huh? lol

I was also here for the wallpapers. posted in the GFX section every now and then. Thing I likeda bout AO back then even if the members were rude to eachother was the fact that some were actualy nice, Gig, Ewdi, Len, and a few others in the staff didn't feel like they wer better then you not to talk to you but liked to converse.
    Yeah, I remember always being able to talk to Gig easily, which always used to surprise me because he was an admin, and I was nothing more than just one of the many members there.

Members come and gone. over the years it was up then the site gose down for months. made me mad to know that the site had to start over from scrtch. Altho AnimeTalk.org was made with Ewdi and Gig but that site also went down about the same time AO came back.

I mean its sad to see the site go from something like it was to something it is now.

and we all have SPdude to thank for the current site this has become. If I had any owner control over the site I would of done deleted all the 0 posters and got the site down to where its sope to be.
    I think every Vet here thinks the same thing about AO and what it used to be. How could we not? It is a shame, but at least we are on the right track. That's not to say we're near the level that we were, or close, but that we're on the right track. I personally like our new owner.

Otaku Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael's Avatar
    Thanks

The old AO is what made me love forums. I agree with everyone that said it had its own aura and feel to it. The rules were enforced by mods and admins that didn't always care about the persons feelings. I loved how not everyone was so nice to everyone else, it made everyone feel just a little bit more real. It made me feel it was more a community of people than a bunch of people just trying to put on a face and be nice to everyone.

With the current staff and ownership everyone is to scared to say what they want to say, even staff members themselves feel like they can't do anything. But I think the main problem with the current AO is there are just way to many people to ever get to know anyone else. You post once and then get lost in the hundreads of other posts. Of course there is also the problem of no one ever seeming to read and comment on any other member's post. I look in the debate section and I see everyone posting what their opinion is with no regard to what is actually being discussed in the thread. The only people I don't see doing this are usually in this clan...
    "Who said I'm pissed?" - Silverskater145
    "That gigantic wall of text you posted did a pretty good job of it." - Raven Omega

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ishamael View Post
    The old AO is what made me love forums. I agree with everyone that said it had its own aura and feel to it. The rules were enforced by mods and admins that didn't always care about the persons feelings. I loved how not everyone was so nice to everyone else, it made everyone feel just a little bit more real. It made me feel it was more a community of people than a bunch of people just trying to put on a face and be nice to everyone.

With the current staff and ownership everyone is to scared to say what they want to say, even staff members themselves feel like they can't do anything. But I think the main problem with the current AO is there are just way to many people to ever get to know anyone else. You post once and then get lost in the hundreads of other posts. Of course there is also the problem of no one ever seeming to read and comment on any other member's post. I look in the debate section and I see everyone posting what their opinion is with no regard to what is actually being discussed in the thread. The only people I don't see doing this are usually in this clan...
    Absolutely, that is a problem that has been in existence in the past with the people disregarding other's posts, but now this problem has multiply several times and it's really tough. I have a lot of threads I wanna create, but I know I'll only waste it on this forum.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast