Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Days of our Early Years-

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Days of our Early Years-

Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro View Post
    Absolutely, that is a problem that has been in existence in the past with the people disregarding other's posts, but now this problem has multiply several times and it's really tough. I have a lot of threads I wanna create, but I know I'll only waste it on this forum.
    Yeah. I have to agree with what you've both said. I remember, in the past I could always count on posting in the thread and coming back to find someone rebuke my post or comment on it. It used to be fun to wait and see what other people say about your post, or your thoughts, but that is nonexistent now. The only ones who usually do it, as Ishamael said, are the guys in this clan.

But hey, pyoro, you can go ahead and make your threads. You know I'll always jump in and bump them.

P.S. I'm so close to post 600 for the second time! That's 1200+ posts I've contributed to this website. And to think that.... I'm predominately a lurker.

Otaku Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, if we consider AT to be another incarnation of AO I probably have between 8 and 900 posts all together. Im much more of a lurker.

But back on the old AO I had just got up over 650 mark before the data base crashed and we all reset. It took me about a year and a half to get up to 650 posts because spamming wasn't tolerated at all in those days.

I say we ask the admins if we can start making our own threads(even if there are already threads on the topic) and just say in the first post that if anyone posts anything that does not contribute to the discussion(like just saying their opinion on the first post and then leaving) we can have those posts deleted from the thread. Eh, Im having trouble typing my thoughts on this idea, but do you guys see what Im getting at? Just to make a few threads that might actually be worth reading every post in and make people actually want to say what they think without being afraid no one will even read/comment on their post.
    "Who said I'm pissed?" - Silverskater145
    "That gigantic wall of text you posted did a pretty good job of it." - Raven Omega

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, there does tend to be a lot of ignoring, isn't there?

I've personally responded directly to one person about a question she had multiple times and not only did she ignore me, she then complained that no one was answering her question.

I do find myself getting extremely tired of some of the debates on the board. Especially one's Arrianna has replied to. She'll down right prove a statement in the debate false and everyone just ignores her post and just keeps saying the same thing over and over and over again (just look at the whole toilet paper from rain forest trees thread). It gets a bit frustrating and very tiresome.

But what can you do about it? You can't force people to respond to what you say...but it does limit your enjoyment of the 'discussion' when your not involved in it.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ishamael View Post
    The old AO is what made me love forums. I agree with everyone that said it had its own aura and feel to it. The rules were enforced by mods and admins that didn't always care about the persons feelings. I loved how not everyone was so nice to everyone else, it made everyone feel just a little bit more real. It made me feel it was more a community of people than a bunch of people just trying to put on a face and be nice to everyone.

With the current staff and ownership everyone is to scared to say what they want to say, even staff members themselves feel like they can't do anything. But I think the main problem with the current AO is there are just way to many people to ever get to know anyone else. You post once and then get lost in the hundreads of other posts. Of course there is also the problem of no one ever seeming to read and comment on any other member's post. I look in the debate section and I see everyone posting what their opinion is with no regard to what is actually being discussed in the thread. The only people I don't see doing this are usually in this clan...
    I would have to agree. People doing stuff and kissing butt is what some members are doing. But if you remember the old AO wasn't filled with complete morons at times. We had inteligent discusions about life and other things that peaked our interests. and this was before the crash. Now that Spiderweb started the site back up and started whats now is a spam fest to most n00bies on the site. just rediculus

I for one would like to close EVERY single topic and start over move EVERYTHING to the archive section and when we reah like 100,000 posts Whip out the archive section all together. At least by then we will have inteligent members and active members on that

Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro View Post
    Absolutely, that is a problem that has been in existence in the past with the people disregarding other's posts, but now this problem has multiply several times and it's really tough. I have a lot of threads I wanna create, but I know I'll only waste it on this forum.
    I would have to agree the I.Q. Level of the site dropped substantualy when SPdude took over.

Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145 View Post
    Yeah. I have to agree with what you've both said. I remember, in the past I could always count on posting in the thread and coming back to find someone rebuke my post or comment on it. It used to be fun to wait and see what other people say about your post, or your thoughts, but that is nonexistent now. The only ones who usually do it, as Ishamael said, are the guys in this clan.

But hey, pyoro, you can go ahead and make your threads. You know I'll always jump in and bump them.

P.S. I'm so close to post 600 for the second time! That's 1200+ posts I've contributed to this website. And to think that.... I'm predominately a lurker.
    Well thats just it about posting on the boards now a days. PEople are afrade to post because they think the staff will close their topics. Don't get me wrong Zui Quan and Taruara were probibly the best mods on the old AO along With Len and Gig. But with them not around anymore its just gone down hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishamael View Post
    Well, if we consider AT to be another incarnation of AO I probably have between 8 and 900 posts all together. Im much more of a lurker.

But back on the old AO I had just got up over 650 mark before the data base crashed and we all reset. It took me about a year and a half to get up to 650 posts because spamming wasn't tolerated at all in those days.

I say we ask the admins if we can start making our own threads(even if there are already threads on the topic) and just say in the first post that if anyone posts anything that does not contribute to the discussion(like just saying their opinion on the first post and then leaving) we can have those posts deleted from the thread. Eh, Im having trouble typing my thoughts on this idea, but do you guys see what Im getting at? Just to make a few threads that might actually be worth reading every post in and make people actually want to say what they think without being afraid no one will even read/comment on their post.
    I am all for that plan of starting topics over and daring anyone to spam in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore View Post
    Yeah, there does tend to be a lot of ignoring, isn't there?

I've personally responded directly to one person about a question she had multiple times and not only did she ignore me, she then complained that no one was answering her question.

I do find myself getting extremely tired of some of the debates on the board. Especially one's Arrianna has replied to. She'll down right prove a statement in the debate false and everyone just ignores her post and just keeps saying the same thing over and over and over again (just look at the whole toilet paper from rain forest trees thread). It gets a bit frustrating and very tiresome.

But what can you do about it? You can't force people to respond to what you say...but it does limit your enjoyment of the 'discussion' when your not involved in it.
    No Its more they want someone of an athority status to tell them what to do

Otaku Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael's Avatar
    Thanks

I am all for that plan of starting topics over and daring anyone to spam in them.
    Maybe start a petition to Dragon Ball about this if we get more interest from the clan?

I say we fight for our community, not just let it die. Now that we have an owner that seems to want to work with us I think its worth trying now.
    "Who said I'm pissed?" - Silverskater145
    "That gigantic wall of text you posted did a pretty good job of it." - Raven Omega

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    That is from WAAAAAAY back in 2002. Seeing the "retired EA posts" forum really strikes me....EA was the ezboard where we all started off. Ahhh memories.....

And lookie who replied to a few of those threads.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Hahah, i saw that too. I wasnt there then. I think i came here late 2003? I just didnt post alot.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast