Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Halloween

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Halloween

Ah, Halloween.

You guys have it completely wrong. You think that one night can contain all the joy that is Halloween? No, you gotta start early!

Every year, for the last 15 years (minus 2 for my church mission) I have had a Castevania Marathon on Halloween. We've played Castlevania all day and did our best to try to beat one of the games. As I've gotten older and horrible things like work and school got in the way, I expanded the Castlevaniathon to 13 days a number of years ago, but I really feel that...well, 13 days is just not enough to really enjoy Halloween!

So, now the Castevaniathon has been increased to a full month (and this year features the never before played "Curse of Darkness") and includes the musical soundtracks at work (SOTN is playing RIGHT NOW!) and great vampire themed movies, such as Vampire Hunter D and Van Helsing. There has been some debate over the years on rather or not Dante from "Devil May Cry" should be inducted as a Belmont "Cousin", but so far he's kept his separate - and non-Castlevanathon approved - status.

So, for Halloween night this year, we'll be watching Harry Potter (for the kids - the other shows are not appropriate for kiddies) and if there's still time one of the VHD movies or Van Helsing while we have a second (or more) television set up for "Curse of Darkness" and other Castlevania's as needed.

Oh yeah, I suppose we'll take the kids trick or treating this year too.

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok the hell with the rest of you I'm playing myself some SOTN tonight.

What is a man?

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm with frr although it wont be runescape I'll be on gaia talking to people that have nothing better to do same as me

if I dont get invited to a party that is

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore View Post
    Ah, Halloween.

You guys have it completely wrong. You think that one night can contain all the joy that is Halloween? No, you gotta start early!

Every year, for the last 15 years (minus 2 for my church mission) I have had a Castevania Marathon on Halloween. We've played Castlevania all day and did our best to try to beat one of the games. As I've gotten older and horrible things like work and school got in the way, I expanded the Castlevaniathon to 13 days a number of years ago, but I really feel that...well, 13 days is just not enough to really enjoy Halloween!

So, now the Castevaniathon has been increased to a full month (and this year features the never before played "Curse of Darkness") and includes the musical soundtracks at work (SOTN is playing RIGHT NOW!) and great vampire themed movies, such as Vampire Hunter D and Van Helsing. There has been some debate over the years on rather or not Dante from "Devil May Cry" should be inducted as a Belmont "Cousin", but so far he's kept his separate - and non-Castlevanathon approved - status.

So, for Halloween night this year, we'll be watching Harry Potter (for the kids - the other shows are not appropriate for kiddies) and if there's still time one of the VHD movies or Van Helsing while we have a second (or more) television set up for "Curse of Darkness" and other Castlevania's as needed.

Oh yeah, I suppose we'll take the kids trick or treating this year too.
    I see that tradition is still going strong.
    If I had the time I would try something similar with the Silent Hill games.

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    I see that tradition is still going strong.
    If I had the time I would try something similar with the Silent Hill games.
    it will go strong until I die...and then I'll come back and haunt my own tradition!

It was the time thing that made me start the Castlevaniathon on Oct 1. There were a couple of years in a row that I got really tired of not being able to Play Castlevania on the one day a year I play it. Between school/work, trick or treating with the kids, and the movies all my friends got to play, but i didn't. It really drove me nuts. So, the castlevaniathon got extended to the whole month!

i'm a lot happier now.

Why not try Silent Hill for the whole month. New traditions are always great!

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Well... i changed my mind i actually went out and partyed... never got to crush a newbies hopes and dreams of spamming... ;_;!
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Halloween is way over. Shouldn't we close this?

PS:I bet jade didn't even need a costume!! lol

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

GASP To cruel, but yeah i geuss we can close it... ill open a thanksgiving one up! hehe
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3