Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: State of the Forum

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: State of the Forum

Quote Originally Posted by frr_vegeta View Post
    That has changed unfortunatly...and I doubt things will return to how they once were.
    That's something that's impossible. I believe we shouldn't be searching for that either.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frr_vegeta View Post
    We have undergone many changes since the start of this site/idea. We were at once a fairly small tight-knit community and now we are much larger and much more loose in terms of being a community as a whole. It used to be the case that I knew well at least half the active users and anyone with over a few hundred posts was pretty much known throughout the community. Unfortunatly we've gone from a site with a couple hundred active members, around 80 of which being fairly prominent and well known throughout the community to being a site with perhaps 400 active members (though thousands of registered members) with probably only 4-5 users which are well known even to the 'newbies' and these members are well known probably due to how often they post. I doubt that I'm one of them. Besides the lot of you in the 'veterans clan' how many people in the chat forum do you think even know my username? I remember when I had around 300 posts I started talking to Gig on the pm system, the head of the site, and he chatted with me from time to time, I was amazed! There was much respect with all members and each year we would even go to Otakon with eachother. That has changed unfortunatly...and I doubt things will return to how they once were.
    I would have to agree. back in 2003 AO was a nice community. alot of inteligent discussions. alot of devoted members that posted.

AO's stats back then before the site went under

Attachments: 490
    Threads: 17,597
    Views: 2,028,299

With this new AO that SpiderWeb, Then Dan, Then Spdude. created was just another spam site. All sold the site for money. I could see if the site was beeing a burden on the owners but thats just bull. I wish we had the old 2003 site today. with all the staff and members that posted.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Alot of the old gallery members coming back would be prety cool beans.
    but the site itself i think is like a hangout for people of every style; ive seen emos to christians to highschoolers, and older naime fans. its just a all around site no reason to let the few ruin it.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2