Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast

Thread: The Water Cooler

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

I think one of the problems with youth of today, is that with television, computers, and video games replacing books as the standard form of entertainment, youth simply don't have the experience with the form of written language... (Not that Video games are completly bad. The Air Force has found that applicants with extensive gaming experience adopt much more rapidly to the new 'glass cockpit' technology then the older and more experienced pilots...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

I think one of the problems with youth of today, is that with television, computers, and video games replacing books as the standard form of entertainment, youth simply don't have the experience with the form of written language... (Not that Video games are completly bad. The Air Force has found that applicants with extensive gaming experience adopt much more rapidly to the new 'glass cockpit' technology then the older and more experienced pilots...)
    Take the middle road: Play (well translated) RPGs.
    Lots of text and it's still gaming.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

I dont think it's that personally (hope I don't turn this into a debate). But it's only a handful of these kids that do it. Unfortunately these kind of things are very contagious. Rudely said, it is as if they are "horny" to post, and post quick so fast they might not know what they typed themselves.

Now I understand why the staff is also so angry back then.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks
    More than half the kids on this site are going through puberty, I think that explains their "horniness".

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro View Post
    I dont think it's that personally (hope I don't turn this into a debate). But it's only a handful of these kids that do it. Unfortunately these kind of things are very contagious. Rudely said, it is as if they are "horny" to post, and post quick so fast they might not know what they typed themselves.
    Maybe you should turn it into a debate? It sounds like a worthy discussion, wether it's here or in the Debate Forum.

As for the topic on hand, I think it's all a part of the "fast food" mentality that has settled on America today. Everything needs to done quickly and efficiently. No time to write because instead of "cuz." No time to review over what you say. I know I always proof-read my posts after I post. I then go and edit what I need to.

At the same time, it seems as if the youth today is just so apathetic towards everything. And I don't know what to point the finger to, but no one cares. About anything. Period.

Edit: Haha, I misspelled whether in my first sentence. Interesting, I did it right before I explained how I proof-read my posts. Well, there's your evidence.

Edit #2: How about 500 points, pyoro? Hehe

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145 View Post
    Edit #2: How about 500 points, pyoro? Hehe
    It'll be a bit unfair to all you veterans, but I will not give points to you guys. I apologize for this, but I hope you'll see where I am coming from with giving out points. Most of you whom I already know will make good posts, and on top of that most of you guys have lives outside here, so points don't even mean anything.

I was going to ask Trunks to admin donate me some points, but in the end it was always better to just have it come out of my own pocket instead.

Anywho, there is no reason to debate this. Them kids having some trouble posting is the truth, and making it known to them will only make them angry or say I am there to hurt their feelings.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks
    Speaking of points, what are they and what do you do with them? for that matter how do you even get them?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore View Post
    Speaking of points, what are they and what do you do with them? for that matter how do you even get them?
    Points are used to purchase Username/Title effects, those nifty little icons under your Username, or icons to gift to other users.

Points are earned by starting threads, posting, and by other people posting in threads that you've started. Point management is done through the vbPlaza Menu...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast