Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Why did YOU come back?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why did YOU come back?

Yeah, jaderabbit does fail hard at being at admin

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

I never left. Im loyal, and true blue. Hahah..

Newbie Cldmani may be famous one day Cldmani may be famous one day Cldmani's Avatar
    Thanks

'cause Skillzpay didn't leave me alone. He insisted that i should re-join so he can start making babies again.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro View Post
    The reason why I put this thread here should be obvious, because the topic doesn't apply to the others.

So the question is why did you come back to AO after the last blow up or the mini-revolt??
    Oh boy, what a time that was. Technically, I never really left, but because I joined the temporary-made forum, my password was changed just like everyone else's. I shortly came back on AO a week after or so and asked spdude or someone to give me the password to "re-join." Once I got myself back on here, I came on every so often. But, due to the old administration and the policies that came with that staff, I found myself coming less and less. I didn't hate on AO like some of the others that left did, but I definitely didn't like the direction my beloved website was going.

Heck, I loved AO so much. That's the only reason I occasionally did come back, although at times it would be weeks apart. I tried posting, and being active, but it was hard. Threads were extremely low in quality, and posting was hard. I'm not a big poster anyway, I don't like to spam, although I write meaningless posts now and then playing around.

Fortunately, everything changed not so long ago. I'm definitely happy to be back, and I'm enjoying my time here immensely. Dragon Ball is a really cool. At least that is how he seems to me. On top of that, he's generally interested in the site and eager to make it better than what it is. In short, the current AO isn't perfect, but it will be nice to help contribute and make this site what it used to be, or at least better than what it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Basically it's like this, I stopped posting but reported EVERY SINGLE signature that didn't follow the rules and every rule breaching I found.

The administration just made me a mod after some time (with recommendation of Jaderabbit because I was creating a huge pile in his PM box. )
    I just wanted this forum that was doing very bad under the new rule to revert back to the old AO most of us left.
    Is that the secret to becoming a mod? lol j/k

Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro View Post
    Yeah, jaderabbit does fail hard at being at admin
    ZING!

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

I came back because there were a few interesting things happening here. One being the new ideas brought to the site.
    Seduced by Flesh

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cldmani View Post
    'cause Skillzpay didn't leave me alone. He insisted that i should re-join so he can start making babies again.
    Yeah, skillzpay, can be a bit weird sometimes.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not sure why i came back, really.

Oh yeah. it was Arrianna's fault (it always is ).

No, in all seriousness, after leaving AO under Spdude's reign both Arrianna and I ended up on Anime Relfections. Things were nice and all there but they just really never had the same Omph that AO had. So, Arrianna found this 'nice' Final Fantasy Forum that had a really hot debate section. I joined at Arrianna's request and left again within two weeks. It was horrid. You basicly were not allowed to have contrary oppinion with three members...and if you did there was hell to pay. So, I finally got sick of it and left. Instead of having the nice intellegent conversations I was used to on AO/Anime Reflections, we had lots of religion bashers and bigots who made the forum very unfun.

So, I figured I was done with forums for awhile. My intrest in things was waining and I figured it was pretty much time for me to move on. I'd stay on Relfections but what was the point in joining a new forum so I could just get disgusted and leave again?

Then Arrianna rejoined AO and it got me thinking. I was gonna not join, but then so many old friends kept wondering when I was going to come back too. I just couldn't stay away.

Next thing I know, I'm vets clan leader!

It's good to be home.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore View Post
    So, Arrianna found this 'nice' Final Fantasy Forum that had a really hot debate section. I joined at Arrianna's request and left again within two weeks. It was horrid. You basicly were not allowed to have contrary oppinion with three members...and if you did there was hell to pay. So, I finally got sick of it and left. Instead of having the nice intellegent conversations I was used to on AO/Anime Reflections, we had lots of religion bashers and bigots who made the forum very unfun.
    In my own defense it was nice when I told him about it. Then they un-banned one of the three guys and they went on a rampage and it turned into a nightmare. Why would you un-ban someone who has so many infractions he's mentioned by name in the rules???

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast