Thread: Anime of the month (December 2006)

Otaku Gods_Dragon may be famous one day Gods_Dragon may be famous one day
    Thanks

Anime of the month (December 2006)

Director: Kazuki Akane
    Distributed by: Manga Video
    D.V.D. Release Dates: Noein (DVD 1) 10/17/2006
    Noein (DVD 2) 1/16/2007
    Noein (DVD 3) 4/7/2007
    Noein (DVD 4) 7/24/2007

Synopsis:
    Fifteen years in the future, by high-level scientific power, a violent battle is taking place between La'Cryma, that protects humanity, and Shangri-La, that plans the total annihilation of all space & time. The key to stopping Shangri-La's invasion is a mysterious object known as the "The dragon torque". A group of "Dragon Knights" has been sent out through time & space to find it. They come across 12 year old Haruka & her friend Yuu (who are currently planning on running away to tokyo). They run into one of the Dragon Knights, one named Karasu. He (Karasu) believes that Haruka is the dragon torque. He also claimes that he is actually Yuu from fifteen years in the future! To top it all off, Shangri-La also has shown up in this dimension and is also after the dragon torque. It appears that the Dragon Knights don't have as much time as they had anticipated.

Available @ Amazon.com: Noein: To Your Other Self, Vol. 1: DVD: Noein

Official Price is $19.98, but can be purchased for as low as $5.95.

I know that the first volume was just released this october, but the others are soon to follow (check the above listing). The characters appear to be hand drawn (old school) and the plot still has my brain trying to figure out what's going to happen. If you are patient and watch the entire series, you will not be dissappointed. I'm currently watching the episodes on youtube, because I can't wait until the D.V.D release! Let me tell you, it just keeps getting better!

Thanks for the avatar & sig Rave_Grip you rock!
    There is but one judge...
    ~Stay blessed

Otaku Laharl ex may be famous one day Laharl ex may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Anime of the month (December 2006)

The animation quality and fresh style alone is worth watching. Also kinda ''deep'' for an anime. If I could force everyone to watch something, it'd likely be this. >: (

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

I haven't had much time lately but happened to have some so I checked this out. The overall style is interesting and the story in this first volume gave me enough to want to see where it goes. The art is good, not the best but good enough. Overall I found this a worthy AOTM, hope you all check it out!
    Last edited by Chiefblackhammer; Dec 24, 2006 at 09:05 PM.

Thanks

I just finished watching the final episode (I love youtube), it is definately worth watching. The storyline will definately keep you guessing until the end, and my brain's still buzzing. To be honest (without spoiling it for everyone else) i'm still going to buy the rest of the set even though i've seen them all! It is that good! If anyone can help me find the soundtrack I would really appreciate it ( I love the intro song ). I learned that you have to watch it for what it is "i'll clarify". When I started I was expecting a "fighter anime" like Bleach, Naruto, Dragonball Z, etc. and as a result I was somewhat dissappointed. I was being biased, because this anime is not in that genre. It's more of a mental anime, the type that makes you think while keeping you intrigued at the same time. When I started watching it like that, I was impressed with it. It gives you enough fighting to keep your cravings at bay (barely) but the storyline itself kept me glued to the screen all the way through. I know it's nearing the end of the month and Christmas is tomorrow, but I still want to encourage everyone to check out this anime. It's definately worth it!

~Stay blessed

Otaku Laharl ex may be famous one day Laharl ex may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gods_Dragon View Post
    I just finished watching the final episode (I love youtube)
    Nothing better then piss poor sound and visual quality.

Wrong anime to watch like that.
    Last edited by Laharl ex; Dec 25, 2006 at 02:46 AM.

Thanks

Hey, I said i'm still going to own the entire series on D.V.D. I just need to know what happens next. Once the other d.v.d's arrive i'll enjoy them in hi-def. I just needed my "anime fix" to be satisfied.

~Stay blessed