Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Filler Episodes

Otaku Gods_Dragon may be famous one day Gods_Dragon may be famous one day
    Thanks

Question Filler Episodes

Do you think companies should intentionally make filler episodes to keep space between the manga and the anime? If you do, explain why & if you don't explain why.

Personally, I think there should be a balance. If they spread the difference out too far, then some people may lose interest in the anime (because it's so far behind.) If they're too close, some people may lose interest in the manga (because they can just watch it). A balance should keep us at bay.
    Last edited by Gods_Dragon; Nov 14, 2006 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Avoiding a double post.

Thanks for the avatar & sig Rave_Grip you rock!
    There is but one judge...
    ~Stay blessed

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Filler Episodes

I agree; if done properly, filler eps provide a nice break in the storyline, especially if the plot is becoming overdramatic or boring. For example, Cowboy Bebop had filler eps for comedic effect, and Noir's filler gave insight into the characters. But to have a series with 200+ episodes, and half of them are filler (i.e. Inuyasha) is just a waste.
    Last edited by gren; Nov 14, 2006 at 09:02 PM.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

A Anime series catching up with the Manga series it's based on is a very common anime sin... In addition to the ongoing 'Bleach' and 'Naruto' filler story arcs, other notable examples include...

Record of Lodoss Wars (OVA) made up it's own ending... For the true ending, ignore the last two episodes, then continue with the Lodoss War TV series...

X (TV) made up it's own non-manga ending...

Hellsing (TV) ended on a incomplete story arc...

Rurouni Kenshin. The third season was a filler story arc, which resulted in a drop of TV ratings and cancellation of the series...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion tammyemily303308 may be famous one day tammyemily303308 may be famous one day tammyemily303308's Avatar
    Thanks

well to me i say it is ok for them to put the fillers because some anime catch up to quickly to the manga and that is a problem with some anime right now. Another good idea of having fillers is that some of the fillers might give the creater an idea of what they might put in further episodes and well it helps them in that way well that is all i got to say

Temari: Naruto's own Wind Charmer.

~ beri-chan ~ hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu's Avatar
    Thanks

Having fillers is okay, but if it goes on for too long then its just not really worth having them. One example, Naruto....though i think someone pointed out that the fillers are ending soon.
    However, there are anime that a really just filler eps and have no actual story behind them. Each is like its own story to be told. Depending on the qaulity of it, its fine to have those eps like fillers.

Thanks

True, some filler episodes are a necessity. It is a very thin line though, as long as the fillers have some purpose to them, it really isn't that bad. It's when they spend the next 24-26 minutes doing a bunch of nothing that tends to wear on my nerves.

~Stay blessed

Otaku rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai's Avatar
    Thanks

I think they should but some of them are horrible.. but there are good ones too.. just if they are done right and get the characters right.
    Thank you Lasura!
    My lover speaks; and he says, 'Arise my beloved my beautiful one and come!' -Song of Songs 2:10

Thanks

Actually, filler episodes can be very useful. If they use the episodes to give more depth on certain characters. They can cause viewers to see "different sides" of the character. They can instill more emotions, for example, I recall a dragonball z episode when vegeta & goku were fighting. (my memory is kinda fuzzy) but vegeta was explaining how he was raised after the destruction of the saiyen's planet. He went off into details, which were very interesting. (I'm not going to explain them, just in case someone doesn't know) My point being, when the episode was over, I knew a lot more about his past, which I was able to relate to his present thus understanding why he acted like he did in that present episode (to a point). So filler episodes open a very large door of opportunity, it's just up to the developers wether or not they utilize it.
    Last edited by Gods_Dragon; Dec 06, 2006 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Oops, I mispelled something...

~Stay blessed

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast