Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ideas!!!

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Ideas!!!

Alright people time to get the ideas a rollin' This clan is about YOU the people and as leader I want to know your ideas, wants and deepest desires!!! I want your input and to hear your thoughts!

Otaku Gods_Dragon may be famous one day Gods_Dragon may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Ideas!!!

We could post a "monthly poll", it would attract the members attention. I don't know why, people just like to vote... Anywho, it could contain a difficult question concerning the poll and require the voter to post a detailed explanation as to why they made that specific choice. This is bound to start a debate (or clash of opinions) which could possibly branch out to multiple threads (since we do want to keep each thread on topic).
    Last edited by Gods_Dragon; Dec 31, 2006 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Avoiding a double post

Thanks for the avatar & sig Rave_Grip you rock!
    There is but one judge...
    ~Stay blessed

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, what should the poll be about? I mean we could just add a poll to the AOTM but what else can we do it with?

Otaku Gods_Dragon may be famous one day Gods_Dragon may be famous one day
    Thanks

You could add it to the clan challenge... Hmmm... Just make sure that it's a tough decision, we are an anime clan so it shouldn't be too easy.

Thanks for the avatar & sig Rave_Grip you rock!
    There is but one judge...
    ~Stay blessed

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

I threw this out before, and got no response, but I'll try again:

How about a weekly anime trivia quiz? We could take turns making it up, or have Len do it, if he's willing.

Chief, what happened with the "Cold Shot" thing? It sounded fun, like AOTM, but with more focus on parts of the anime (music, actors, etc.) rather than just watching the anime. I myself am a huge Yoko Kanno fan, and would love to encourage/force more people to listen to her work.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

If I may make a suggestion, why not do something for the Forums, like having a monthly contest on who can post the best Anime series review in the Review section. There's only a small number of Anime reviews posted, and many a great Anime series hasn't been touched yet...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

If I may make a suggestion, why not do something for the Forums, like having a monthly contest on who can post the best Anime series review in the Review section. There's only a small number of Anime reviews posted, and many a great Anime series hasn't been touched yet...
    Sounds good to me, but as we seem to have trouble getting people to even throw in a couple of posts in the anime series/review sections, it would just come down to one or two people always doing the reviews. If we did do this, I have a small request: review or talk about something less mainstream than Naruto or FMA; focus on anime that not everyone in existence has seen or heard of already.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Thanks

What we could do is have a combined review rather then 1 person doing it...meaning what ever AOTM we pick we all write a small review of it and then as a clan we workout an overall review, then post it to the Anime Review section of the forum. Since only 1 person could benefit from the increase in post count I would say who ever picked the AOTM or whoever contribued the most to the writting of the final review would get to post it. I would want it to say in the review that it was a "group" review from the AFC.

gren I will have to look in the archieve at what the "cold shot" was (can't remember) and then go from there. I will let you know.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer
    This is similar to the Anime of the Month; it is "Cold Shot" or "Feature of the Month." Basically I will pick a member of the clan (to begin with, the member chosen will pick the next member and so on) to have to do the "Cold Shot" or "Feature of the Month” and what that member will be required to do is pick anything related to anime and post a "report on it" by the beginning of the month, sort of like a feature on the product that will make people aware of it!

This can be a anime (series, title, ova, movie, particular episode, etc...), manga, animator, composer, CD, song, voice actor, publisher, ANYTHING as long as it relates to anime. The report you have to give is 3 parts:

1) Synopsis of series or Background on the song, artist, publisher, etc....
    (This is so we can know something about the thing you are featuring)

2) Your take on it (be detailed, I don't want to see "it is the coolest ever" )

3) Rating
    (The scale is up to you as long as we know "x" of how many they got on your scale, 5/10 for example. Also you will need to rate many aspects of the thing you are featuring. If it is a song, rate the overall, the style, effectiveness, how well it fits the series, etc....

You maybe wondering why I have 2 names for it. This is because the feature doesn't have to be good! If it is good, call it "Feature of the Month" if it is poor then in the immortal words of Stevie Ray Vaughn "that is a Cold Shot baby!"

Let me know what you think of this idea!!!
    This!? Hmmm...yeah....Ok why don't you give it a first shot there gren!? Set it up as a poll for if they agree or disagree with your "take" on what you are reviewing.
    Last edited by Chiefblackhammer; Jan 03, 2007 at 01:56 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast