+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1-18-08

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

1-18-08

Yes so far that the only title we have for this unknown movie. My friend saw it advertised when he saw transformers. All they give you for the title is 1-18-08. It look awesome, the plot revolved around a monster attack in New York as told from the point of view of a small group of people. It almost looks like a Godzilla movie or a monster form one of the Godzilla movies. Kinda reminds me of war of the worlds with tom cruise. With them being so mysterious, I bet this will get a big buzz on the internet soon.

Go watch the trailer at apple movie trailers and tell me what you think. Gotta know who the monster is...

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 1-18-08

...that was the cheapest blow they ever gave!

They made you want to watch the movie to see what was attacking the city!
    WHAT WAS THE MONSTER?!!

Cheap blow guys, CHEAP BLOW!

... I thought we dropped cheap blows in the early 90s, but I guess cheap blows are back in style with this one!

Not saying that I won't go watch the movie, I will... but it was all because of that cheap blow. That one cheap, cheap blow.

They never gave you anything to respect the movie (according to storyline, and etc), except for their amazing ability to spur your curiosity to insanity.

>_< Cheap blow...

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, but if it gets ppl to see it, then its cool. I cant wait to see it. I bet its a Godzilla movie and that was motheria.

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

A reall american movie... Am not saying anything bad, but... dunno... it made me laugh a lill... Might be a typical monster attack movie... wonder how they will explain from where the monster came...

I liked how it threw the head of the statue of liberty... that's a good detail- like a sign that the worlds end is comming...

I think I'll go and see it, just to see whether they've been able to make a monster movie with a thought, not just about screaming, trying to escape and then, at the end, coming up with a plan how to destroy the monster... that's the plot of the ones I've seen 'till now.

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lasura View Post
    A reall american movie... Am not saying anything bad, but... dunno... it made me laugh a lill... Might be a typical monster attack movie... wonder how they will explain from where the monster came...

I liked how it threw the head of the statue of liberty... that's a good detail- like a sign that the worlds end is comming...

I think I'll go and see it, just to see whether they've been able to make a monster movie with a thought, not just about screaming, trying to escape and then, at the end, coming up with a plan how to destroy the monster... that's the plot of the ones I've seen 'till now.
    That's not just American though... Japanese and Koreans have similar monster movies. (I haven't really seen any other kind of monster movie, though)

<_< Well, what else are we supposed to do? Calmly leave the area with the possible chance of something falling on us?
    Negotiate with the monster because we've obviously had a better chance in convincing a mouse what to do?
    Tranq the monster and put him out in the "wild" where he can just go to the nearest city and rampage again?

As for monster movies in general: It's a good genre, it adds a bit more spice. It may be all screams, but it's entertainment. Kinda like a roller coaster: Totally nonsensible, but fun for people.

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    That's not just American though... Japanese and Koreans have similar monster movies. (I haven't really seen any other kind of monster movie, though)

<_< Well, what else are we supposed to do? Calmly leave the area with the possible chance of something falling on us?
    Negotiate with the monster because we've obviously had a better chance in convincing a mouse what to do?
    Tranq the monster and put him out in the "wild" where he can just go to the nearest city and rampage again?

As for monster movies in general: It's a good genre, it adds a bit more spice. It may be all screams, but it's entertainment. Kinda like a roller coaster: Totally nonsensible, but fun for people.
    No.. those things are just funny... good ideas for a parody ^^ LOL
    But they could ad a lill bit of sence... like from where ta fu** could such animals come!? There's no way such a monster could have been hidding somewhere in the ground! Aliens maybe? o.O "Birds" by Alfred Hitchcock is a good monster movie then- atleast with a lill bit of sence...

It's no fun for me if there's no sence... only if it's a parody... although I'm able to watch something with a chilled mind too...

and my bad... the best monster movies are from Japan indeed... those are just some stereotips I've grown with and it's hard for me to give up on them... movies with all the glorious speaches and then people starting to aploud one by one just don't leave a good impresion on American cinema, it makes me forget that most good movies are from America too...

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

well, its obviously going to be a name, so my guess is godzilla; but i have 2 remote guesses too: a spin off of lost(fyi same creator), or halo.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lasura View Post
    No.. those things are just funny... good ideas for a parody ^^ LOL
    But they could ad a lill bit of sence... like from where ta fu** could such animals come!? There's no way such a monster could have been hidding somewhere in the ground! Aliens maybe? o.O "Birds" by Alfred Hitchcock is a good monster movie then- atleast with a lill bit of sence...
    Ah, forgot about Alfred Hitchcocks films... yeah, they did make more sense.

But what excuse are we gonna' come up with other than "honestly, we were so blind, no one ever noticed it"? Seems reasonable enough, only fishermen's tales are ignored while Coast Guards don't make a clean sweep. Ignorance makes a creature grow to such incredible sizes, well, we must have TONS of em by now!

Smaller monsters are easy, but HUGE ones are just... O_O WTF? WHERE'D YA COME FROM?!

I'm sure no one noticed it climb onto the surface.

...hmmm aliens? I dunno, we've overdone the alien thing.
    Maybe it's always been part of the earth and now it has awoken? Typical standard, but not overdone just yet.

Everyone wonders if it's Godzilla... what if it's something completely different from a Godzilla-esque creature?

... o_o What if it is a big giant robot?! OMG! That'd look totally tacky destroying the world by himself! But it'd be an aplaudible "original"...

*sigh* I hate to admit it, but I can't wait to see it... stupid trailer, making me wanna watch it..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast