+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2008's Greatest Hits! (MOVIES) - EXPLAIN WHY!!

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

2008's Greatest Hits! (MOVIES) - EXPLAIN WHY!!

Just like the title, what are some great movies that came out this year that you wouldn't mind seeing over and over again? Oh, and WHY would that be?

For me, it'd have to be:

The Dark Knight, hands on. Greatest batman movie yet. The portrayal of The Joker played by Heath Ledger is the best by far - egotistical, psychotic, and creative, and Batman's dark side is finally shown for once. This action packed film is a MUST SEE! Two thumbs way-way up!

Wow, to my surprise.. that's it. Geez, it's been a slow year so far.

Okay, c'mon. Don't be shy. What movies have you enjoyed this year? Or has it been a slow year for movies for you as well?

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 2008's Greatest Hits! (MOVIES) - EXPLAIN WHY!!

Its not that its a slow year. Its that the better movies aren't mainstream this year. I would say about 3 out of 4 movies that are mainstream are below average.

One of my picks for this year is In Bruges. An European film about crime, comedy and drama. It all takes place in Bruges, Belgium which a small, preserved medieval town. Two assassins take a trip there to lay low after a job gone kind of wrong. Well the Irish guy complains about how crappy Bruges is while the British guy enjoys the sightseeing. I won't go further into the story but it everything in this movie was on point. The mix of comedy and drama was so perfect you don't even notice the time fly by. Also, the comedy is centered around stereotypes so if your sensitive to that stuff or swearing then don't bother.

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

There's not many movies I like from this year. I like: Hancock-bcuz it's funny and action-packed, Baby Mama-It's a movie I didn't expect to see,but it was good,You don't mess with the Zohan-It's so funny and crazy,College Road trip-It was good I didn't think it would be G-rated tho,Meet the Spartans-I like the scary movie series,so I like crazy movies like that,and there's others I like.

Otaku Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish's Avatar
    Thanks

no one down with the Ironman? that was a great movie in my opinion cuz it showed everything as to why Tony Stark became the Ironman and how he changed as a person. its also got some cool action scenes and a few bits of comic relief. the dark knight was awesome too. gets my vote for best movie of 08. i do have to say though that the number of bad movies greatly outweighed the number of good ones. gonna have to disagree with the familyguyfan on meet the spartans though. i thought it was like epic movie: lame. but thats me, it all went down hill when they decided to something other than scary movie.

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    no one down with the Ironman? that was a great movie in my opinion cuz it showed everything as to why Tony Stark became the Ironman and how he changed as a person. its also got some cool action scenes and a few bits of comic relief. the dark knight was awesome too. gets my vote for best movie of 08. i do have to say though that the number of bad movies greatly outweighed the number of good ones. gonna have to disagree with the familyguyfan on meet the spartans though. i thought it was like epic movie: lame. but thats me, it all went down hill when they decided to something other than scary movie.
    That's fine I didn't think it was the best movie,but it was something to laugh at. The scary movie series was better.

Otaku Click The Colour Champion darkangel1240 is off to a good start darkangel1240's Avatar
    Thanks

2008's greatest movies would have to be the Dark Knight. That was the best Batman movie i've ever seen. I saw alot of Batman movies.. That one was the best! And, the love guru. I laughed my ass off when i was watching the Love guru. It was really funny.

Vampire Freaks☠I am not going 2 be on for awhile... ☠

Otaku ron119125 is off to a good start ron119125's Avatar
    Thanks

One of the best has to be Iron Man. To me it shows just what it took to turn Tony Stark from a self centered human door knob into a caring poerson who was willing to look out after someone besides himself. I just loved this movie.

Newbie hokage487 is off to a good start hokage487's Avatar
    Thanks

iron man and the dark knight rest in peace heath leger even though he has past the movie was great go stunts storyline and the CAR!

props to downey jr. for iron man and upcoming tropic thunder, the humble billonare whose iron suit makes the final battle suspensful but still keeps u hanging

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast