+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 300

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

So is anybody else excited about this movie. It better not be Cheesy, seems to have great epic movie potential. I love these period piece war movies.

Plot:

In the Battle of Thermopylae of 480 BC an alliance of Greek city-states fought the invading Persian army in the mountain pass of Thermopylae. Vastly outnumbered, the Greeks held back the enemy in one of the most famous last stands of history. Persian King Xerxes lead a Army of well over 1 000 000 (Persian king Xerxes before war has about 1 700 000 army) men to Greece and was confronted by 300 Spartans, 700 Thespians and other Slave soldiers. Xerxes waited for 10 days for King Leonidas to surrender or withdraw left with no options he moved. The battle lasted for about 3 days and after which all 300 Spartans were killed. The Spartan defeat was not the one expected as a local shepherd named Ephialtes defected to the Persians and informed Xerxes of a separate path through Thermopylae, which the Persians could use to outflank the Greeks

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 300

Well I was excited about this movie, I loved learning about the Persian wars in High School Ancient History, but then I read this at imdb

The movie never claims to be historically correct. It is based somewhat loosely on Frank Miller's 1998 comic book mini-series. Changes from history were made by Miller and Snyder so as to appeal to a wider audience and create a more exciting and visually stunning action movie, rather than a typical historical epic.
    It annoys me when they change history just for hollywood, but I can see where they are coming from though. I'll probably see this when it comes out on DVD.

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Re: 300

Thanks for the decription,Miroku4444. I have not heard of that movie.

Devoted Otaku Defend Your Castle Champion rock on may be famous one day rock on may be famous one day rock on's Avatar
    Thanks

actully there was only 300 greeks and the slevs ran away in real life beofer the ballte every stared. for they found a mass grave where all of them where found. becasue the went to the oither army to give up bu all of them where killed for not the hole army was giving up. really stupid if you ask me

BUT I CANT WAIT TO SEE IT

92% of teens moved to rap. I am one of the 8% rebelions

Otaku Bow Adventure Champion OdysseanPromise may be famous one day OdysseanPromise may be famous one day
    Montclair, NJ (School), Severn, MD (Home)
    Thanks

Ugh, this movie is going to be soooooo bad. The trailer is enough to turn me away from it. The movie is really playing to the "comic book movie" aspect of how cheesy and over the top the characters are going to be played.

But don't mind me.

"Go tell the Spartans, stranger passing by,
    that here, obedient to their laws, we lie."
    -Epitaph of Simonides

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OdysseanPromise View Post
    Ugh, this movie is going to be soooooo bad. The trailer is enough to turn me away from it. The movie is really playing to the "comic book movie" aspect of how cheesy and over the top the characters are going to be played.

But don't mind me.

-Epitaph of Simonides
    Yeah, but it would be boring then. I guess they want to appeal to the teen crowd. As long as they don't make to radical changes to the history it will be cool. I'm not that picky, i even liked troy.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OdysseanPromise View Post

But don't mind me.

-Epitaph of Simonides
    Don't you think that's pretty logical when it's based on a freaking comic book?
    This film isn't about historical accuracy but kick ass-ness.

Otaku Bow Adventure Champion OdysseanPromise may be famous one day OdysseanPromise may be famous one day
    Montclair, NJ (School), Severn, MD (Home)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Don't you think that's pretty logical when it's based on a freaking comic book?
    This film isn't about historical accuracy but kick ass-ness.
    Have you seen the trailer?

There is the phrase, truth is stranger than fiction, which also lends itself to the converse being true: fiction must be believable.

We watch Resident Evil, or X-men because while they present elements of the fantastic, there is believable human emotion and dialogue moving the narrative. 300 lacks this.

Edit: Upon rewatching the trailer I only stand behind my statements even more.

Whoever plays that lead role is going to SINGLE-HANDEDLY ruin the movie with nothing but his voice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast