+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 300

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: 300

Quote Originally Posted by OdysseanPromise View Post
    Have you seen the trailer?

There is the phrase, truth is stranger than fiction, which also lends itself to the converse being true: fiction must be believable.

We watch Resident Evil, or X-men because while they present elements of the fantastic, there is believable human emotion and dialogue moving the narrative. 300 lacks this.

Edit: Upon rewatching the trailer I only stand behind my statements even more.

Whoever plays that lead role is going to SINGLE-HANDEDLY ruin the movie with nothing but his voice.

"We watch Resident Evil, or X-men because while they present elements of the fantastic, there is believable human emotion and dialogue moving the narrative. 300 lacks this."

Resident Evil and X-men seriously lack those as well.

There's an ocean-wide difference between popcorn films (300, X-men, Resident Evil) and serious films with "believable human emotion and dialogue moving the narrative".

I tell you what 300 will be. Heaps of hammy violence, hammy dialogue and a hammy story combined with high grade computer visuals.

Otaku Bow Adventure Champion OdysseanPromise may be famous one day OdysseanPromise may be famous one day
    Montclair, NJ (School), Severn, MD (Home)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post

"We watch Resident Evil, or X-men because while they present elements of the fantastic, there is believable human emotion and dialogue moving the narrative. 300 lacks this."

Resident Evil and X-men seriously lack those as well.

There's an ocean-wide difference between popcorn films (300, X-men, Resident Evil) and serious films with "believable human emotion and dialogue moving the narrative".
    I tell you what 300 will be. Heaps of hammy violence, hammy dialogue and a hammy story combined with high grade computer visuals.
    Did I say Resident Evil? I meant Resident Evil 2. That one was more enjoyable, except for Millia Jovovich.

And I stand by the fact that the first X-men movie was well written. Besides, the point I was trying to make is that those movies are OBVIOUSLY fictional, despite what Max Brooks fanboys might want to believe, and thus, it requires a certain amount of realism to keep the audience interested, or in the case of horror movies, scared.

I don't know, I think Hollywood is almost trying to emulate the sort of wire-fu work that has been ever so unbelievably popular in Chinese cinema these days. I really can't say that for sure, because I have obviously not seen 300, but it appears to be taking cues from every popular Jet Li movie that has been released in the last five years.

Ugh, maybe I just don't appreciate new action movies, but I don't understand why people would pay money and spend time watching this crap.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OdysseanPromise View Post
    Did I say Resident Evil? I meant Resident Evil 2. That one was more enjoyable, except for Millia Jovovich.

And I stand by the fact that the first X-men movie was well written.

I don't know, I think Hollywood is almost trying to emulate the sort of wire-fu work that has been ever so unbelievably popular in Chinese cinema these days. I really can't say that for sure, because I have obviously not seen 300, but it appears to be taking cues from every popular Jet Li movie that has been released in the last five years.

Ugh, maybe I just don't appreciate new action movies, but I don't understand why people would pay money and spend time watching this crap.
    Then I really don't understand why you waste your time watching marinaded shit like both Resident Evil films.

Otaku Bow Adventure Champion OdysseanPromise may be famous one day OdysseanPromise may be famous one day
    Montclair, NJ (School), Severn, MD (Home)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Then I really don't understand why you waste your time watching marinaded shit like both Resident Evil films.
    I never actually watched the first movie, and the second one was a date. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

Im into all the stratigic stuff so I read alot about battles.. ancient and not so long ago... the spartans(most of the army was heavy infantry), macedonian hopites(HUGE spears) and the roman pretorian cohord(the coolest kind of soldier EVA!) are my fav.. mmm... we could call them "units"(i play a lot of strategy games ^^)

so on the movie: its seem pretty accurate for wut hollywood produces... with out all the monsters running around... and yeah all of the 300 spartans died... but that was luck... cuz the day of the battle it was a spartan holiday... and according to wut I have read about them... then NEVER EVER fought on holidays... so they didnt want to send an army.. but upon the pressure of being invaded.... they sent 300 troops... plus... spartans thought that the arrow and bow was a weapon for sissies... so they didnt use them... which is a disadbantage cuz proyectiles = decimate the enemy... and the persian specialty was missile cavalry... so yeah...
    Im not putting my hopes up... but I at leats expect to see one HUGE BLOODY battle

ps. the trailer looks really cool
    Last edited by jaam0927; Feb 01, 2007 at 03:29 PM.
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

My brother told me about this movie and then showed me the trailer on Youtube, I didn't even know it was made by the same people that made Sin City till my brother told me. The movie looked really good actually can't wait till its out in the theaters.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaam0927 View Post
    Im into all the stratigic stuff so I read alot about battles.. ancient and not so long ago... the spartans(most of the army was heavy infantry), macedonian hopites(HUGE spears) and the roman pretorian cohord(the coolest kind of soldier EVA!) are my fav.. mmm... we could call them "units"(i play a lot of strategy games ^^)

So on the movie: its seem pretty accurate for wut hollywood produces... with out all the monsters running around... and yeah all of the 300 spartans died... but that was luck... cuz the day of the battle it was a spartan holiday... and according to wut I have read about them... then NEVER EVER fought on holidays... so they didn't want to send an army.. but upon the pressure of being invaded.... they sent 300 troops... plus... spartans thought that the arrow and bow was a weapon for sissies... so they didn't use them... which is a disadvantage cuz projectiles = decimate the enemy... and the Persian specialty was missile cavalry... so yeah...
    Im not putting my hopes up... but I at least expect to see one HUGE BLOODY battle

ps. the trailer looks really cool
    Yeah, but the point is those 300 lasted so long against a vast army. That alone makes me want to see it.

Otaku Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero's Avatar
    Thanks

A movie doesn't have to be acurate to be a good film. For example Gladiator was one of the most inacurate films every made but it was still an awesome movie. I expect no less from 300. A movie about the spartans fighting in a huge battle, sounds good to me. I am going to see it either way so it really doesn't matter about the history behind it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast