View Poll Results: Did you like the movie 300?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Loved the movie

28 60.87%
  • It was good

11 23.91%
  • It could have been better

4 8.70%
  • It sucked

3 6.52%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 300

Newbie SidtheGreat may be famous one day SidtheGreat may be famous one day SidtheGreat's Avatar
    Thanks

I just watched the movie 300 based on the book by Frank Miller friday, and I have to say that this move has some of the greatest fighting scenes (although comperter animated). The downer is that the fight scenes are REALLY gory (some people, like myself, may not mind this), and it does seem to be a little bit on the short side when it comes to storylines and well developed characters. The story, of course, mostly revolves around King Leonidas and his 299 Spartans in their fight to hold back Xerxes, all while back in Sparta his wife tries desperately to have the Senate there to send the rest of the Spartan army to aid him. This one has to go up on my favorite movies list, and would encouage anyone to watch it.
    A little tidbit I found was that almost 100 years later Alexander the Great went to war with Persia too, and the ruler at his time was Darius III, a realitive of Xerxes. I thought this was pretty cool because durring this time the Spartans were on the Persian's side and not Alexander's. I need to look further into it but did Xerxes win the war against Sparta or did they just become allies when Alexander began his rule? I would also like other's input on what they thought of the movie 300.
    You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.”
    92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig!!!!

http://world4.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=47016476
    http://www.myspace.com/sid_the_great

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 300

Are the Darius and Xerxes in question the same ones named in the Bible?

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, the greeks/spartans eventually beat the persians back after thermopylaes. Link: Battle of Thermopylae - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for the movie, I was planning on seeing it next weekend, and don't worry I wasn't expecting much when it comes to character development or storyline. Blood and great battles are enough for me, lol.
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

I must say the Spartans are one of the greatest military based civilization to ever live from birth they were meant to go to war.

Well as for the movie iv bin waiting too see 300,it really looks good and a gore and blood fest up for eny time.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

The Spartans had their warriors . . . the Athenians had their democracy . . . the Greeks have been so influential.

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

yes with out them todays life would only be but a dream.

but eny way the movie dost really tell the true story at Thermopylae they changed it up to make it more intrusting and easier to watch.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Newbie SidtheGreat may be famous one day SidtheGreat may be famous one day SidtheGreat's Avatar
    Thanks

[QUOTE=koga23;464409]I must say the Spartans are one of the greatest military based civilization to ever live from birth they were meant to go to war.QUOTE]

Yes they would discard any week or deformed babies, and then at the age of seven put the kids into regimens for war. I must say the whole growing up to be such efficiant warrior thing really gets me excited.
    You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.”
    92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig!!!!

http://world4.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=47016476
    http://www.myspace.com/sid_the_great

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Potential spoilers, maybe...

I thought movie was very good, and I'll agree, the scenes were more intense than I had originally anticipated, but I don't think the mature audience it was made for will mind too much. However, I wouldn't say it is the best movie of this kind, I'd have to say to this day my favorite greek/roman based war movie has been Gladiator. Compared to that film, 300 almost sucked, and some of the persian's disgusting soldiers and those mystics looked kinda like the orcs from LOTR. The "immortals" were pretty cool, I liked their armored masks, the only thing that irked me about the Spartans was the fact that none of them wore body armor. What? Last time I checked, those guys wore protection for all those 6 pack sons of bitches. That was one thing that kinda amused me, all their body physique looked the same and sometimes quite animated.

Far from perfect, but definately worth seeing in theatres.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast