View Poll Results: Did you like the movie 300?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Loved the movie

28 60.87%
  • It was good

11 23.91%
  • It could have been better

4 8.70%
  • It sucked

3 6.52%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 300

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 300

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I certainly want to....yay for swords and slashing and...er...gore! I bought one of the comics several years ago when it came out...it was pretty decent.

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    The "immortals" were pretty cool, I liked their armored masks, the only thing that irked me about the Spartans was the fact that none of them wore body armor. What? Last time I checked, those guys wore protection for all those 6 pack sons of bitches. That was one thing that kinda amused me, all their body physique looked the same and sometimes quite animated.

Well, the director choose to show the Spartans in the "Heroic Nude" that was popular in those times, and he also said that he wanted to re-make the comic book, not so much the actual historical event.

Speaking of which, Gladiator was a freakin awesome movie, but according to history... the Gladiaor didn't fight him in a grand battle... he actually choked him while he was in the bath... ^_^ i thought that was a better ending for the little B!tch...

ANYWAY! back to 300, even though there was lots of blood and gore, i didn't mind it so much since the emphasis (from my view) was on the @ss whooping, not the blood. Another thing i loved was how witty everyone was! my goodness, King Leonidas needs to wirte a book of come-backs! awesome! i also loved the scene with the apple... that was funny!

also, the reason why it looked so animated was becuz it was! there was no shooting on location and even a change of location! everything was done in front of a blue screen and there was a lot of post production work to get the right look of the film. The rest was just the actors, the costumes and the set designers...

^_^ good movie, good movie
    Last edited by Abu Dhabi; Mar 11, 2007 at 08:50 PM.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

^^^*points up to Abu's post*^^^

She basically said what I wanted to say, or rather, what I knew she would say because we both agree on it.

*ahem ahem* However, Abu and I stand on different sides of this story.
    ... O_o since when was gore never part of war? Well of course we all know it is, but I don't exactly agree to war games that have no gore.
    I'll like them anyways, but heck, to gore if war!
    Obviously I enjoy gore more than Abu, but that's really obvious.

Completely fantastical?
    Well that's a no brainer, of course it is!
    If you saw how they looked in the previews, you really should've thought this first: This ain't going to be facts, it gonna' be fiction, and it gonna' be one hell of one! (maybe you won't simplify your grammar that much, but it never hurts to when cheering for a blood bath)

Oddly enough though, I'm more sensitive to blood than Abu... but the attacks were just so brutally awesome that how can I turn my eyes away from the action?!

Character development my crap, they were Spartans! Spartans have been known through ALL OF HISTORY that we permanently claim anything that works hard and insanely tough with no sign of an end: A Spartan.
    We claim harsh training Spartan-like.
    And if you never have, start it.

Spartans were known for battle and known for battle.
    Anything else to them was miniscule.
    Sure, they appreciated the arts as any Greek would, and they deemed philosophy greatly as any Greek would. But fighting was what they were known for and what they did best.

All in all:
    THE MOVIE IS BASED OFF OF A COMIC BOOK (novel, whichever) BASED OFF OF HISTORY, DON'T EXPECT FACTS DOWN TO EVEN A BOULDER.

WHAT IS THE MOVIE ABOUT? YOU CAN TAKE FREEDOM AND COURAGE INTO PERSPECTIVE, BUT THE MAIN THING ABOUT IT IS EXACTLY WHAT SPARTANS ARE KNOWN FOR: BATTLE.

And kick-awesome battles, too.

Edit:
    Oh, and as it rates on my movie scales (according to ones I'd pick to watch with people) --
    1. V for Vendetta
    2. TIED! : The Last Samurai & 300
    3. Cinderella Man
    4. The Incredibles
    5. Troy
    ... trust me my movie scales according to ones I wouldn't watch with other people seems completely opposite from this, it would include things like Sliding Doors and love actually...

Oh! And one last edit:
    Were Abu and I the only ones constantly thinking "Death's Hand" from Jade Empire whenever we saw the Immortals' masks? XD
    Last edited by Soshi Kitai; Mar 11, 2007 at 09:12 PM.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

I haven't seen this movie, but I wish to. It looks so good! I don't want to read any of these posts because I'm sure they are full of spoilers!

All in all, I hope its as good as some make it out to be.

Otaku Mattness may be famous one day Mattness may be famous one day Mattness's Avatar
    Thanks

I loved 300. It was a very violent movie that had just enough story to hold it together. I was suprised to see how many people brought dates, seeing as it was all gore and sex. Do any of you know what those people were thinking?!?
    I think my GF would kill me if I brought her to something like that!

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

Though I never seen this movie, but I want to do because it looks better than Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. lol I want to see the elephant part where they massacred all those gladitors.

Otaku Mattness may be famous one day Mattness may be famous one day Mattness's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hellknight View Post
    Though I never seen this movie, but I want to do because it looks better than Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. lol I want to see the elephant part where they massacred all those gladitors.
    Well, you will be dissappointed. They don't really kill the elephants , they just scare them off the road and into the ocean. All the fighting is awsome though!

Newbie Beowulf Belmont may be famous one day Beowulf Belmont may be famous one day
    Thanks

I thought that it was an awsome movie. I enjoyed all the fight scenes, and the really liked it when they withstood that massive arrow barrage, and then they all cracked up because one of them had said earlier in the film that they would fight in the shade.
    The trick is to know when to walk away and know when to run!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast