+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: About Mythbusters

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: About Mythbusters

I haven't seen it :/ I wanna, what channel is it? I've been hearing alot about their show.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Otaku -Ryo- may be famous one day -Ryo- may be famous one day -Ryo-'s Avatar
    Thanks

well its on the discovery channel

I enjoy the christmas special ^_^ that was one was the best

and oh cant forget about diet coke and mentos lol

Newbie Esperologist may be famous one day Esperologist may be famous one day Esperologist's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silver-wolfe View Post
    some myths they cant duplicate like the bullet fired into the air can kill someone, all their tests show its terminal velocity wasnt fast enough because it tumbled as it fell... yet they had actual documentation that people have died from it.
    Actually, they discussed a bit about how their terminal velocity thing only covers half the story. Yes, a bullet fired straight up and falling straight down (or just dropped) doesn't have the velocity... however, who fires a bullet straight up into the air.
    They said that people usually fire the bullets at an angle, thus they have a 'balistic trajectory'. The pretty much means that the bullete doesn't come to a complete stop at the top of the arc, and is still rotating (rotation is used to increase the distance a bullet can travel) so it exceeds the falling terminal velocity because it cuts through the air.
    So, drop a bullet out a plane is generaly a pain but safe... fire into the air, it will likely arc and come down with lethal velocity.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver-wolfe View Post
    same with the jet exaust flipping a car, couldnt duplicate it but it has been proven fact that it happened.
    I think they said something about the car that was flipped traveling faster then the car they tried flipping. I think there was also mention of the land features... I can't recall, I'd like to watch that episode again.

I want to buy Mythbuster episodes on DVD! Now that is an 'encyclopedia' to have!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5