+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Achmed the Dead Terrorist

Devoted Otaku Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML's Avatar
    Thanks

Achmed the Dead Terrorist

My brother and i have been watching this a few times and we could'nt stop launghing everytime so i was wondering if you have seen it and what you think off it Jeff Dunham - Achmed the Dead Terrorist just so you know, this may not be for the young ones.

So is it worth watching? or is it just for the trashcan?
    And what do you think of Jeff Dunham in general?

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Re: Achmed the Dead Terrorist

Personally, I can't stand that guy. The first "Silence, I'll kill you"'s might've been funny ... But everything afterwards wasn't worth watching, I couldn't even force myself to finish it. Don't understand why it got so many views on youtube, in my opinion there are much better comedians out there.
    That's the only thing I know of Jeff Dunham though, so I can't really say something about him except that I didn't like Achmed, the dead terrorist. Maybe his other shows are funnier, dunno.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Newbie Martin Z is off to a good start Martin Z's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll kill you! LOL he is funny.
    Martin Z

Devoted Otaku Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML's Avatar
    Thanks

Well maybe you have to be sorta open minded in a way to watch it, but then again we all have different taste

But yeah there are better comedians.... somewhere

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I like Jeff Dunham, he's more of a family targeted comedian with a few adult themes thrown in, at least that's how I view him. I don't mean a small children family, I mean a family whose children are a little older and can have a little more appreciation for his jokes (e.g. my family). I can totally understand people who hate him though, his jokes can get kinda tired and kiddy, but that's what gets him paid. I personally like senor jalapeno on a stick and peanut the best out of all his puppets, but I enjoy the achmed acts as well.

"Silence! Night."

Thanks

Yeah but so far i've only seen "Achmed the Dead Terrorist", one with "Walter" and the christmas edition with Achmed, where he sings, but it helps alot if you actually understand what he meens when he tell the jokes, like when Achmed says to Jeff "I had a premature detonation. I set the timer to 40 minutes and it went off after 4 seconds. You know what that's like, right?"

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard_ML View Post
    Well maybe you have to be sorta open minded in a way to watch it, but then again we all have different taste

But yeah there are better comedians.... somewhere

I don't think that not being open minded enough was the problem in my case. It's just that I didn't get what's so funny about it. It is really well made, and Achmed looks kinda funny too. So what I wrote might have sound a bit harsh, but except for his first 'Silence' screams, I can't get anything out of it.
    I should watch some more of Jeff Dunham, so that I get to know him better ...
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lapislazuli View Post

I don't think that not being open minded enough was the problem in my case. It's just that I didn't get what's so funny about it. It is really well made, and Achmed looks kinda funny too. So what I wrote might have sound a bit harsh, but except for his first 'Silence' screams, I can't get anything out of it.
    I should watch some more of Jeff Dunham, so that I get to know him better ...
    Well sometimes if you don't want to laugh or have fun, then you don't really, but if you relax and you want to laugh and want to have fun, then there a bigger chance you'll laugh, well at least that's what i've heard but not everyone likes that kind off humor, i just thought the one with Achmed was the one that was'nt to rough

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast