+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Adventure Time

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks

Adventure Time

What time is it?

I have been really into this cartoon - Adventure Time. I started watching it about half a month ago. I just happened by this cartoon by chance, and at that time, to me AT was just some silly random cartoon that was simply fun and entertaining to watch. However, I found myself anticipating more episodes as I continued to watch.

It is a weird cartoon, and I guess that's the part that got me hooked into watching more, since a material has to be creative and original to some extent to be weird, right?

As I began to take this cartoon more seriously (LOL), I found that there is more to the story of Adventure Time beneath all the silly nonsense. Set in a post-apocalytic world, our hero, Finn, may be the only human left.

As the story progresses, amidst the fillers of fun or weird (or both) episodes, there is also some character development going on, which is in itself weird for a cartoon like this. I even found myself teary-eyed on one episode. Yeah, I am lame like that =_=

What to expect from Adventure Time? A dog with magical powers, a nerdy princess, more princesses, as in, lots of them, a flying Korean-speaking unicorn/----, an all-in-one gadget with an Asian accent, a 1000-yr. old vampire queen with teenage issues and an ice king with major mental issues and lots more.

Expect adventures and dungeons, swords and magic, and some pretty catchy songs and tunes along the way o(≧∇≦o)

So yeah, Adventure Time has been a pretty awesome ride for me. Even after going through marathons of this stuff a couple of times, I still don't get tired of watching it. I find myself attached to this cartoon way more than some anime series I am currently trying to stay tuned to (trying, since, over the years, my interest in anime seem to have gone downward ('_`))

Oh, and... this cartoon is not really for kids, I think ヾ('・ ・`。)ノ?

I personally love Marceline the best ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ And I was kind of surprised to learn that she is voiced by Olivia Olson, who voiced Vanessa Doofenshmirtz, who also happens to be my favorite character from Phineas and Ferb.

Any thoughts on this cartoon? Theories on the characters' origins and backgrounds? Characters you like or one that has put some impression on you? Season 4 has just ended, and I can?t wait for the next season! The season 4 finale ended so abruptly! Errrr.. o(╥﹏╥)o

Your expectations for the next season? Share your thoughts and enjoy! ^_^

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Adventure Time

It's terrible from the vantage I'm looking at it, the situation with cartoon entertainment I mean. I remember during the late '90s and early '00s cartoon shows were in their prime. Unforgettable characters, original plots, attention to detailed animation. I understand that networks need to appeal to the latest generations and the trends they seem to fall in love with but it's at the same time forcing veteran viewers of Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon to tune the dial elsewhere among the channels. Seriously, there's been a surge of live-action crap on cartoon networks. Please quantify for me how much sense that doesn't make.

yui
    Newbie yui is off to a good start yui's Avatar
    Thanks

adventure time is an amazing cartoon which keeps u intrested throught the whole thing. ill admit it can get boring at some points but then itll get super exciting and just amaze u! i totally cant wait to see the new ones that r coming out soon!

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

On a somewhat related note, there is an Adventure Time game heading to the Nintendo 3DS in about a week. I personally have no interest in the cartoon, but for a fan, I figured this information may be useful.

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post
    On a somewhat related note, there is an Adventure Time game heading to the Nintendo 3DS in about a week. I personally have no interest in the cartoon, but for a fan, I figured this information may be useful.
    With a title such as "Adventure Time", the series is just dying to be adapted into a video game installment.

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks

The first episode of the next season will be a 30 min special. Can't wait for it. I'm just sad to see Rebecca Sugar go =( She is one of the Story Board Artists of this cartoon and is responsible for the awesome songs in this cartoon that fans go crazy about. Though it was said that there are episodes she participated in that are yet to be showed or used (such as the next Fionna and Cake episode), I do wonder how the following seasons will turn out without her. She worked on episodes that were the hugest hits such as Fionna and Cake and episodes with Flame Princess. Hope the remaining directors can still keep this cartoon up.

Newbie Weekeefttiz is off to a good start
    Thanks

Adventure Time

Hey, i was just wondering if anyone planned on cosplaying as any adventure time characters?

Ill be Prince Gumball on saturday and my girlfriend will be with me; and shell be Fionna

Looking forward to seeing other adventure time cosplayers..

Newbie KingSlEminild is off to a good start
    Thanks

But wanna input on few general things, The website style is perfect, the content material is very great : D.

??[ My prolonged internet look up has at the end of the day been rewarded with really good content to share with my companions.I had no trouble navigating through all tabs as well as related info ended up being truly simple to do to access.I'll bookmark your site and take the feeds also?KI'm happy to search out numerous helpful info right here within the post, we need develop more techniques on this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .Keep in mind to tag them so they're going to be easier for you to discover once you are viewing your library.
    ??[ I have recently started a website, the info you provide on this web site has helped me greatly.Stephen Donaldson's Latest Thomas Covenant NovelI??ve been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or weblog posts in this sort of space .As soon as I discovered this web site I went on reddit to share some of the love with them.
    ??[ Very interesting info!Perfect just what I was searching for!remain hot when it cold outdoorsI'll immediately take hold of your rss feed as I can't to find your email subscription link or e-newsletter service.Wonderful activity!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast