+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Age of Conan: The Hyborian Adventures

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Age of Conan: The Hyborian Adventures

I just picked this game up from Futureshop today and I'm currently installing it, which is taking way too long then most games

Lets face it, the game comes on 2 dvd's and takes 32 gigs to install, and the System Requirements are a bit out there.

click to show spoiler

Hopefully the game is worth the 50 bucks I spent on it. least I got a friend at work who will play with me

I will edit this with my Characters name and what Server I play on.

Anyone else get it, if so, whats your opinions on it?

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Age of Conan: The Hyborian Adventures

I dont think so its an okay game if you ask me but your choice but try it out .

Newbie Remagine is off to a good start Remagine's Avatar
    Thanks

Lets put it this way, my pc is barely a year old and i have some pretty expensive gear in there. And yet i still cant run that game at high settings using my monitors default resolution (22"=1650x1080) Buttuh an amd athlon 3200? thats like a single core right? a 4yold cpu? :P might wanna get a cheap upgrade for this game, you cant rly expect that kind of processor to run the game decently. The devs already confirmed they will do some performance tweaking in the future tho, atm the textures caching ingame is really slow and allot of people are having problems with this.

Other then that its a great game =) the first 20lvls of singleplayer itself made it worth buying. You can play that part with each class available and get variations in the storyline etc.

Can't rly say much about the mmo-aspect yet as im just getting started. (lvl 33 now)

Im on Soulstorm-PvP, dont hesitate to give me a pm for help if you end up on the same server.

ps: theres 1.4 gb of patches to download aswell!

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Game runs fine with 30fps on high with shader model 2.x @ 1280x1024 (I hget half the frame rate if I play it with the 3.0 shader model, and I'm waiting to see what the DirectX 10 with shader model 4.0 looks like).

The only new component in my computer thats recent is my video card, which is an 8500gt, which oddly enough its a 256mb card, but Windows reports it as 1 gig (Must be pulling off the MoBo's on board video memory and sharing a bit of the ram). Even though the Proc is a little old and a single core, It still can play the newest games, although not at high end settings.

And asking your computer to pump out 1650x1080 is a pretty high requirement, you need one of the higher end Geforce cards (8800 or higher) to pull that off.

The game is pretty decent though, interesting game mechanics, bit glitchy though.

I play the character Halee on the Damballah-PVE server.

Newbie Remagine is off to a good start Remagine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Game runs fine with 30fps on high with shader model 2.x @ 1280x1024 (I hget half the frame rate if I play it with the 3.0 shader model, and I'm waiting to see what the DirectX 10 with shader model 4.0 looks like).

The only new component in my computer thats recent is my video card, which is an 8500gt, which oddly enough its a 256mb card, but Windows reports it as 1 gig (Must be pulling off the MoBo's on board video memory and sharing a bit of the ram). Even though the Proc is a little old and a single core, It still can play the newest games, although not at high end settings.

And asking your computer to pump out 1650x1080 is a pretty high requirement, you need one of the higher end Geforce cards (8800 or higher) to pull that off.

The game is pretty decent though, interesting game mechanics, bit glitchy though.

I play the character Halee on the Damballah-PVE server.
    yeah i have a XFX 8800 GTS 640mb Oc, thats why i was so suprised =P

And i just figured out that the first actual group instance is at lvl 37, Sanctum of the Burning Souls. Which means 21 to 37 is basicly a grind. Which makes me wonder why some of the solo instances were put in since they hardly contain 2 or 3 quests, let allone a decent bossdrop. Decent xp sure, but a bit boring compared to the interactive quests from before. It seems to get a bit better around 40, i find myself grouping allot more now.

+ Reply to Thread