Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: akira the movie?

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

akira the movie?

Source: Bloody Disgusting

A live-action remake of the anime AKIRA (itself based on a long-running manga series) was in the works a few years ago, with BLADE guy Stephen Norrington in the director seat. But Norrington seemingly got fed up with Hollywood after LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN and disappeared into the mists, and the AKIRA film was quietly slid back into cold storage.

Until now, apparently. Bloody-Disgusting says that the sci-fi flick is being taken out of mothballs again, and has a hot young relatively unknown director attached. Oscar-nominated Irish director Ruairi Robinson will reportedly tune up Kaneda's superbike and bring Katsuhiro Ôtomo's post-apocalyptic vision to full fleshy motion. Robinson landed the position based on his impressive short film "The Silent City", which you can see at B-D.
    For those who haven't seen the original, the futuristic AKIRA follows a street gang of pill-popping teenage troublemakers who ride tricked-out motorcycles, fight with rivals and generally shout a lot. The gang leader's best friend gets involved in a government experiment and develops psychic powers, bringing the two together in a bloody, gloriously destructive clash.

...so, what do you think?
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: akira the movie?

ahh, going to give a live action remake anothere go, huh? well, i cant say im not interested. i didnt really like the original move much, but i will admit that it was a good movie.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Unnecessary crap. Why not make something original for a change?

Otaku OfeliasFire is off to a good start OfeliasFire's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with Hassun.
    Nothing is original anymore...nothing is good anymore either.
    Personally...I didn't care for Akira that much...it wasn't really a "blow your mind" movie anyway.
    Dear Dinah...

Otaku Celebrity Fight Club Champion itachigirl is off to a good start
    i could tell you, but id have to kill you
    Thanks

i think Akira was amazing, not only the story line, but the animation. when i read the comic i was awe. i was just in shock watching the first time. i dont think they should remake it into live-action though. there needs to be a live action movie for gundam and cowboy bebop. those two seem very possible to do..

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

i do find myself agreeing with Hassun, too many things are getting remade. it kind of makes you wonder if making a new one will make the old one look worse..

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rematche View Post
    Source: Bloody Disgusting

A live-action remake of the anime AKIRA (itself based on a long-running manga series) was in the works a few years ago, with BLADE guy Stephen Norrington in the director seat. But Norrington seemingly got fed up with Hollywood after LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN and disappeared into the mists, and the AKIRA film was quietly slid back into cold storage.

Until now, apparently. Bloody-Disgusting says that the sci-fi flick is being taken out of mothballs again, and has a hot young relatively unknown director attached. Oscar-nominated Irish director Ruairi Robinson will reportedly tune up Kaneda's superbike and bring Katsuhiro Ôtomo's post-apocalyptic vision to full fleshy motion. Robinson landed the position based on his impressive short film "The Silent City", which you can see at B-D.
    For those who haven't seen the original, the futuristic AKIRA follows a street gang of pill-popping teenage troublemakers who ride tricked-out motorcycles, fight with rivals and generally shout a lot. The gang leader's best friend gets involved in a government experiment and develops psychic powers, bringing the two together in a bloody, gloriously destructive clash.

...so, what do you think?

I didn't really get into the manga . . . Maybe I just lacked the patience. I think a movie would help its fan base spread, though.

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itachigirl View Post
    i think Akira was amazing, not only the story line, but the animation. when i read the comic i was awe. i was just in shock watching the first time. i dont think they should remake it into live-action though. there needs to be a live action movie for gundam and cowboy bebop. those two seem very possible to do..
    I agree that they don't need to remake it in live action. I loved the original, it was a great movie. Superb animation and voice acting, put together with a great story. As for the gundam needs a live action movie, it has one. Its called G-Savoir and it reeks of suck.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast