+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Al Bhed

Newbie xsweetmegx may be famous one day xsweetmegx may be famous one day xsweetmegx's Avatar
    Thanks

Al Bhed

I was wondering if anyone knows Al Bhed? Al Bhed is a language used in Final Fantasy X and X-2. Mind you, I haven't seen any FF movies or played any of the games. I'm simply interested in the language. I'd like to see/play some related stuff but I can never find it.
    Al Bhed: Rammu
    English: Hello
    love

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ymm E luimt veht fyc drec.

Drec

Al Bhed Translator

It's actually pretty good.

And a little background info..

Races of Final Fantasy: Information From Answers.com

A pretty good fictional race, in my opinion. Squaresoft knows how to make good races and classes other than humans. FFXI is good proof of that.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Newbie xsweetmegx may be famous one day xsweetmegx may be famous one day xsweetmegx's Avatar
    Thanks
    Wow! I didn't know there was translators. I just use a little cheat sheet and translate everything myself. Thanks so much!
    love

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    No problem, a friend of mine gave me a link a while back when I bought FFX. I paused every scene to understand what they were saying(I guess you can call it cheating). Although it's very good, I can't see people using this like the Morse Code Alphabet or Pig Latin, it's just complicated enough to be it's own language, and would be hard to remember(for fun purposes).

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Al Bhed is the best fictional language ever.

Thanks
    Thanks for you feedback, Shodokan.

Quote Originally Posted by False Truth View Post
    No problem, a friend of mine gave me a link a while back when I bought FFX. I paused every scene to understand what they were saying(I guess you can call it cheating). Although it's very good, I can't see people using this like the Morse Code Alphabet or Pig Latin, it's just complicated enough to be it's own language, and would be hard to remember(for fun purposes).
    Wow.. So the entire movie is in Al Bhed? I wonder if there's subtitles.
    Last edited by kedar; Oct 07, 2006 at 02:39 PM.
    love

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xsweetmegx
    Wow.. So the entire movie is in Al Bhed? I wonder if there's subtitles.
    Whoops, you hit me at a bad grammar point. I meant every scene with Al bhed conversations in it, I paused and translated.

Thanks
    Ah, I see. That seems so awesome. I'd love to see some of the movies. Pig latin I could never understand! And morse code just saddens me.
    love

+ Reply to Thread