+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Alien vs Predator: Requiem

Otaku Oroboros Champion nexusolus is off to a good start nexusolus's Avatar
    Thanks

Alien vs Predator: Requiem

Ok one of my freinds found out somewhere on the web that they are in production of AvPR. I like both series of Alien and Predator as well as AvP so i decided to look into this myself. First place i checked was wikipedia.
    Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. My questions are what do you think about this new developement? Do you like either series? And in an all out confrontation who do you think would really win? Alien or Predator?

As for me my dad got me into both series. Ive watched every movie both has produced and played a couple of each games. I love both series. I like the first AvP and id like to see this new movie and see how the predators face off against a predalien. As of now they were used to only fighting human type aliens. Im not completly sure on who would win in the confrontaion of species.

Made by me.

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Alien vs Predator: Requiem

I really like the Predator series and watched both movies. The alien series I have only seen one or two and I don't even now which ones they were. As for AvP, it wasn't bad I liked it and all but I don't know if it really deserves a sequel. Also I think it could go either way depending on the circumstances on who would win.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

The original game was pretty fun. Loved the Predator Series, loved the Alien Series. HATED AVP, they ruined it. In my view, Paul Anderson to me, is one of THE worst directors. Mortal Kombat, was decent. Street Fighter, horrible. Super Mario Bros. COMPLETELY ruined it in the movie.

The first AVP was horrible, the second one will be no better, unless one actually wins and humans don't get involved, and if they do, they die off. honestl I hated how that one chick at the end and that one predator, knda got together, not good AT all. And explained to WHY there are aliens = no fun...the fact alien was created by the Predators was horrible. My view, end of.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aleister Sithis View Post
    The original game was pretty fun. Loved the Predator Series, loved the Alien Series. HATED AVP, they ruined it. In my view, Paul Anderson to me, is one of THE worst directors. Mortal Kombat, was decent. Street Fighter, horrible. Super Mario Bros. COMPLETELY ruined it in the movie.

The first AVP was horrible, the second one will be no better, unless one actually wins and humans don't get involved, and if they do, they die off. honestl I hated how that one chick at the end and that one predator, knda got together, not good AT all. And explained to WHY there are aliens = no fun...the fact alien was created by the Predators was horrible. My view, end of.
    They never said that the aliens were created by predators. Only captured by
    them so they can a type of proving grounds for their young warriors. And why dont you think that it was good that the girl and pred teamed up? Not like she could of killed it by herself or the pred by itself it was already hurt as well as had a chestburster inside of it. But yea Games so far that i played are great. My favorite alien movie would have to be Aliens(number two) and my favorite Predator movie would also have to be Number two.

I love the warriors code that the Predators have. To only fight those who are worthy, and not to fight those who are ill or weak. Collect skulls of the fallen and use it as trophy.

Made by me.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm going to see this movie regardless of how bad the first one was. Just because it's something that all the guys are going to talk about afterwards. And from the look of the trailer it looks like for once they will have a lot more scenes of violence that they are willing to show. Like the two guys w/ the shotgun who are going to get their heads blown off.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

I did enjoy both. I even liked it when they brought the both together. It gave the whole thing a new feel, and some nice twists to both story lines.

I enjoyed the Alien movies much more than the Predator movies. I really like the buff non-human Ripley in leather.

I was really hipped to see they were doing another Alien vs Predator movie. This time bringing it above ground, and taken it to the human world again. How will the modern humans fair in an all out battle between the two races again?

Plus there is the factor (as you said) of the new hybrid species. Which species will favor the most. How will the humans fair against the new hybrid species? It will be interesting to see the new twists.

I can't wait to see what they will do with the special effects this time. They may even give us some more of back history. The whole idea of bringing the two series together was a brilliant concept. It not only has breathed new life back into both movie series, but it managed to combine them in a way that not only sets up future movies, but gives them fodder for possible prequels, and it was all done beautifully. The story line was completely plausible, and played out rather nicely. That is my opinion anyway.

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

I seen the first AVP. Nothing too epic, but it was a fun watch nonetheless. I liked how they finally revealed the relationship between predators and aliens. the main selling point of AVP:R is finally seeing the Alien/Predator crossbreed. Very nasty creature to think about when you get right down to it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
    I did enjoy both. I even liked it when they brought the both together. It gave the whole thing a new feel, and some nice twists to both story lines.

I enjoyed the Alien movies much more than the Predator movies. I really like the buff non-human Ripley in leather.

Plus there is the factor (as you said) of the new hybrid species. Which species will favor the most. How will the humans fair against the new hybrid species? It will be interesting to see the new twists.
    Yea espeacily since in the older movies they considered fire to be the best weapon against aliens, and the predalien is supposed to be fire resistent. Aliens in general also develope different depending on the host that the embryo is implanted in. While inside the host the embryo takes in any traits of the hosts genes that seems that it could be of use which means that this predalien will also be faster and stronger than an alien that would have been produced from the body of a human.

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusDemon23 View Post
    I seen the first AVP. Nothing too epic, but it was a fun watch nonetheless. I liked how they finally revealed the relationship between predators and aliens. the main selling point of AVP:R is finally seeing the Alien/Predator crossbreed. Very nasty creature to think about when you get right down to it.
    I like AvP alot but i think that it could of down better if it had more fight seens between the aliens and predators. Most of what they showed were scenes of humans running from both sides.

Imagine if there were an army of queen aliens, that would reck havoc on whatever enemy they have. Also if you gave a hive of aliens about 20,30 years of developement they would be able to comprehend thing better. In the first movie the planet they found the eggs one, according to the person who created the series used to be an alien run planet and that they developed enough knowledge to build temples and use some technology that were their own. So imagine giving them a couple of years with the predators technology.

Made by me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast