+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Aliens: Colonial Marines

Otaku Oroboros Champion nexusolus is off to a good start nexusolus's Avatar
    Thanks

Aliens: Colonial Marines

There is a new game in deveolpment that take place in the alien universe. It is scheduled to be released somtime in 2009. The story of this game is set to take place between the 2nd and 3rd movies. The story is supposed to be about a rescue team of marines go on a search and rescue mission for the United States Colonial Marines ship, Sulaco (the ship that Ripley was on in the second movie).

This game is 1-4 players co-op story mode. The gameplay will be that of a first person shooter. Each marine in the story mode will be uniqe, in that each will have there own weapon as well as the standard weapon for everyone.

So far that ive learned about this game is that on single player you will be able to tell your marines what to do (maybe like star wars republic commando?), you can tell them to fire at aliens, or try and seal an entry to the room to stop the oncoming horde of aliens. If your team acts fast enough it may be possible to completly seal the room off before the aliens appear. During the game you will have access to the motion sensor used in the first two movies. You dont need to worry to much about useing the tracker because allthough it takes up one hand you will still have the option to pull out a pistol in tough situations.

The creaters of the game brought in the stage creater from the first or second movie (i cant remeber if it was one or the other, maybe both.) so that they can create the same atmosphere as in the movies. They also will try their best to keep it as close to the series as they can.

I posted this thread to see what everyone thinks about this upcomimg game. What do you think about it?, Do you think it sounds good?, and are you fans of the Alien series?
    Personally im completly stoked about this game im a big fan of the alien and predator movies, i think that this game will be fun alone and in co-op,espeacily if you and your freinds can work good together in teams.

All information i got on this i got from my gameinformer magizine and wikipedia.
    Ill update on any new news when or if i can.

Made by me.

Otaku ska_lives may be famous one day ska_lives may be famous one day ska_lives's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines

Im a big fan of the Aliens series, and the first 2 movies are my favorites by far. The games plot and set up sound good. From what you said about the game play it sounds a little more fitting for being true to the series, because it was never really about being gung-ho it was about keeping everyone alive in the face of the alien menace. It is especially fitting when compared to the second flick. I just hope that these ideas that sound good in theory work out in application, because there is nothing worse than a game that sounds great and ends up flying like a led balloon.

Yo, this beast was by Lowshuwa
    my drawings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ska_lives View Post
    I just hope that these ideas that sound good in theory work out in application, because there is nothing worse than a game that sounds great and ends up flying like a led balloon.
    Yea i know what you mean. This game completly sounds great to me it would completly suck if it turned out crappy. I also agree with you that this new games atmosphere resembles that of Aliens.

Made by me.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I am a huge fan of Aliens as I have already stated in other threads like "Whats your favoit movie/game" I have all the movies, the video games, and I am starting to collect even the comics and novels and even a few plushies here and there (Yes I know I am an Alien nerd.) Any way it would be awesome to see a new Alien game come out. The two new movies that came out AVP and AVPR I dont think did the creatures any justice and were disapointing, but hey they could give it a comback with this game that truly brings back its roots by placing it between Aliens 2 and 3.
    I just found this out not to long ago by a friend of my brother's. As soon as I found out about it I have been frantic for info. From what I can tell, the graphics are great, the story line is so far from what I have read is very well done and thought out. I am really hope that it lives up to all the hype and expectation as every one is craving for a good Alien entertainment.

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

I saw this in Game Informer, and its look pretty cool, but too bad that Ripley is dead, that kind a sucks really. I was hoping to fight besides Ripley agains't all the aliens.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hellknight View Post
    I saw this in Game Informer, and its look pretty cool, but too bad that Ripley is dead, that kind a sucks really. I was hoping to fight besides Ripley agains't all the aliens.
    Well actually like Scourge and I have said this game takes place between the second and third movies, Ripleys not dead shes just in a cryogenic sleep heading for the prison planet (that i couldnt remeber the name) that she ends up on the third movie. So it makes since that your not going to see her in this game. Though you might find some evedince of the previous marines and ripley since technicly your on a serach and rescue mission.

Made by me.

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

On the internet, noone can hear you scream...

Unless you have a mic of course...

Sounds like it could prove interesting. I just hope I have a capable computer by then. I haven't killed anything online since halfway through last year...

*starts suffering withdrawal symptoms*

I'll....keep my...eyes out for.......more info...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Im planning on getting this game for Xbox360 as I dont know as of yet what it will need to run on my computer. If my computer can run it then I mite get it for the comp, better yet how about for the box and comp. YAY!! I think they are making it for all the system platforms. But I hear that it will be best with Xbox360 and the computer compaired to the PS graphic wise if I remember correctly. I love the fact as Human you can use turrits like in AvP2 Primel Hunt, the expantion for the regular AvP2. I still like the firt AvP2 more then I do the expantion because they really screwed the Alien over in the expantion when it came to their paralizing abilty with their tail and pounce, making it so the person can still move but slowly, how ever like in the first AvP2, the stun only last about 2 seconds, making trying to stun some one in Primel Hunt vertuly pointless.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast