+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Amateur Singing Enthusiasts

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Amateur Singing Enthusiasts

At our core, we all have a singing voice. Whether we want to develop it or not is the real question.

But in my case, it's more like questions.

For those of use who do enjoy singing and know a bit about it:
    1. Do you know at what pitch you sing? You know, like alto, tenor, soprano, that sort of thing?
    2. Where do you normally sing?
    3. What do you find yourself singing mostly?
    4. Most importantly, what is your opinion about your own voice?

Please try to remember to EXPLAIN YOUR REASONING, for obvious reasons, and because it makes your posts a hell of a lot more interesting.

My answers:
    1. I am a tenor. I tend to sing high, but i can occasionally sing deeply.
    2. I normally sing at work, when I'm either cleaning up, or perhaps preparing some food in the back, away from everyone.
    3. I tend to sing songs from Sondheim's classic "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street", or Disney's "The Hunchback of Notre Dame". Both have such powerful emotions in their songs, and if acted out while singing, can create an enjoyable experience for all.
    4. I feel I'm not bad, but i truly do need a lot of work. But i suppose that's why I'm called an amateur.
    Why hello there!

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Amateur Singing Enthusiasts

1. I am sort of between an alto and soprano. I've sung in a couple of choirs (school and church), and tend to alternate between first and second sopranos? Back in elementary school I was a descant, but I honestly don't know how I landed up there >_>

2. In the shower, or when I'm playing piano.

3. All sorts of stuff, from contemporary Christian songs to Jpop to Disney songs. Whatever floats into my head. Sometimes I'll even sing songs in random languages that I hear on the telly, and add my own lyrics as I go xD

4. I'm bearable. That is to say, I can sing (otherwise I'd have failed my piano aural tests!), but I don't think I sing well.

+ Reply to Thread