+ Reply to Thread

Thread: American Animes

Banned Blobber Champion, Spiffyspeud Champion, Knockturn Alley Champion, Feed Lindsay Lohan Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Narnia - Rapid Retreat Champion, Matrix Dock Defense Champion, Defend the Attack Champion, Uncover the Imposter Champion, Kong v/s New York Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion The Beatle is off to a good start
    Thanks

Question American Animes

Are there any, I know Nick Simmons has one manga series (which is in trouble). Have we made any other series anime or manga?

Otaku Kurai is off to a good start Kurai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: American Animes

There isn't any Anime/Manga that is American for one reason: Anime/Manga are used to refer to the Animation and Comics that come from Japan.

However, there are some works in the US that are inspired by Anime. The two examples I can think of are Avatar: The Last Airbender, and the Comic Book Scott Pilgrim (which has a Film Adaption coming out soon )

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Certainly more and more american animation is being influenced by anime I don't think you could really call it anime. If anime becomes a term we use for everything it means nothing.

Banned Blobber Champion, Spiffyspeud Champion, Knockturn Alley Champion, Feed Lindsay Lohan Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Narnia - Rapid Retreat Champion, Matrix Dock Defense Champion, Defend the Attack Champion, Uncover the Imposter Champion, Kong v/s New York Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion The Beatle is off to a good start
    Thanks

I see anime as how you draw it its a certain type of animation, it doesn't have to come from Japan from my point of view.

Otaku Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish's Avatar
    Thanks

i always remember the term "anime" meaning Japanese animation but thats me. as for inspired shows, i would throw Teen Titans in with Avatar. i mean Puffy Amiyumi did the theme song for Teen Titans. about as close as its gonna get i think.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beatle View Post
    I see anime as how you draw it its a certain type of animation, it doesn't have to come from Japan from my point of view.
    Drawing style is an important feature of animation. But its not the only important feature. There is a distinct cultural difference in story telling between Japanese and American animation. This by itself is enough reason not to lump the two into the same category...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks

What would you call it if I moved to Japan and published my story.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Beatle View Post
    What would you call it if I moved to Japan and published my story.
    A cartoon, and the Japanese would most likely call it 'anime' in the literal sense, meaning animation. That's if you get published at all.

Anime, to us westerners, is an animated program that originates from Japan, made for a Japanese audience (I know some exceptions exist, but those are rare). Anime to them is like a cartoon to us. To be honest, there really isn't a difference between the two, other then the art style and the culture the stories originate from.

+ Reply to Thread