Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: american cartoons dumber?

Otaku kossetsu shita is off to a good start kossetsu shita's Avatar
    Thanks

american cartoons dumber?

does any1 think that american cartoons are getting simpler and dummer? tell me why or why not u think so

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: american cartoons dummer?

Quote Originally Posted by kossetsu shita View Post
    does any1 think that american cartoons are getting simpler and dummer? tell me why or why not u think so
    Could you give me an example of what cartoons your are talking about? Childrens: such as Dora the Explorer or something closer to the stuff broadcasted on Nickolodeon? I forget how to spell the name.

What american cartoons are you talking about? Disney or Pixstar maybe?

Thanks

the ones they play on cartoon network, like ed ed and eddie, and that my gym partner is a monkey, i just dont see a future in it

Thanks

the ones they play on cartoon network, like ed ed and eddie, and that my gym partner is a monkey, i just dont see a future in it
    Hmm, I never saw them much as "dummer" than anything else they show really. Usually most of those "american" cartoons hosted on cartoon network do pretty well. Ed, Edd, and Eddy has been aired since 1999, and My gym partner is a monkey started in 2005. I think those are pretty succsssful pieces if you consider how long they have been running.

Since I don't necesarrily watch them frquently and the episodes can continue until the companies run out of sponsors, I can't really say whether or not they are "dummer". People obviously enjoy them and their airtime is failry long in comparison to certain anime, I would say they definentally have a future.

Powerpuff girls(not sure if it is an anime or not) is massive. Merchandise is sold all over the world and has been on since 2001? I won't deny the idea that they are good, when there are millions of fans out there; not too mention they are continuing the episodes.

Thanks

ok umm let me refrase it a bit, i mean they dont make any sense, they dont seem to fallow real situations and most of the things they show are just stupid, like talking animals and a middle school made for animals, and even if that were to happen how can the make a mistake of sending a human to that school and not fix the problem within a week, and with ed edd and eddie they dont obey the freakin laws of physics, the jawbrakers are like 7 times the size of there mouth, ed is like super freakin strong and they dont even have like some of the laws we have, it just doesnt serve a perpous other than dimwitted entertainment , it doesnt even teach a lesson, its just blah

Thanks

ok umm let me refrase it a bit, i mean they dont make any sense, they dont seem to fallow real situations and most of the things they show are just stupid, like talking animals and a middle school made for animals, and even if that were to happen how can the make a mistake of sending a human to that school and not fix the problem within a week, and with ed edd and eddie they dont obey the freakin laws of physics, the jawbrakers are like 7 times the size of there mouth, ed is like super freakin strong and they dont even have like some of the laws we have, it just doesnt serve a perpous other than dimwitted entertainment , it doesnt even teach a lesson, its just blah
    They are kinda meant for kids and don't really have to make any sense. Talking animals has been widely used in animations for decades, and even in comics/art books for hundreds of years I believe.

They are fiction and fantasies, they have no reason to follow physics. If you follow physics, anyone at anytime, aywhere can be harmed quite easily. As I recall, quite a few of the shows have lessons in them, and are actually quite obvious. Most of them aren't like scooby Doo anymore, by having a character explain right from wrong with 5 minute scenes.

Many of these shows aren't meant to teach life lessons anyways, because most don't follow physics, making the idea slightly hypocritical. They are cute and meant to entertain, not to necesarrily made to appeal to the masses morally.

Thanks

ok u win, i guess they arent as stupid as i first thought, but they should at least have a story to follow or sum sorta real feel to it

Thanks

ok u win, i guess they arent as stupid as i first thought, but they should at least have a story to follow or sum sorta real feel to it
    They usually do actually.

"The show revolves around the adventures of Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup, three little girls with super powers. The plot of a typical episode is some humorous variation of standard superhero and/or tokusatsu fare, with the girls using their powers to defend their town from various villains.." - Wikipedia/subject Powerpuff Girls

"The series revolves around three preadolescent boys...Led by Eddy, the Eds scheme to make money off their peers to buy jawbreakers, but their plans usually fail, leaving them in various predicaments." - Wikipedia subject/Ed, Edd, and Eddy

"The story revolves around Adam Lyon, a human student at Chester Arthur Middle School... Shortly after his transfer, he is partnered with Jake Spidermonkey (an actual spidermonkey) in gym, hence the title...While Adam has to deal with the obvious difficulties humans have performing animal-like tasks, Jake just has fun at everyone else's expense." - Wikipedia subject/My gym partner's a monkey

Most of these cartoons depict everyday life of a certain cast of characters sharing/introduced to various situations and predicaments. Usually these cartoons involve messages such as those life lessons.

Releasing a brand new wolrd and the creatures living in them are an everday occurence for these cartoons; that way they can entertain the masses as long as they crave it.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast